When Howard Bought Robin The Car

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SternsEgo, Sep 6, 2015.

1. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How pissed and envious must have Fred and Gary been ? Both have been with howard as long as Robin.

2. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    34's are high maintenance.

3. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    To bring it up on air was a slap in the face them and a pissing on his fans.

4. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    When did this happen?

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fred has been with Howard longer than Robin. But I don't think Howard and Fred have liked each other for a long time. According to Stuttering John, Fred hates Howard and wants to quit but stays out of weird sense of loyalty (and a seven figure salary).

I wouldn't be surprised if Fred is gone after December. I am sure if Howard stays with Sirius, everyone is taking a massive pay cut. I don't think Fred will want to stay for low to mid six figures. Of course Howard said he would never do the show without Fred. I bet he does if Fred is gone after December.

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When they came to Sirius, Howard bought Robin a Mercedes. I think it may have been the same model Howard bought for the stripper.

codeine and SternsEgo like this.
  7. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks....I found it. I missed the first 6 months of THSS when he joined Sirius. I had an after-market XM receiver in my car at the time until I traded it in for a new model that had a built-in Sirius radio.
    -----------------------------

Robin's Gift From Howard. 02/01/06. 11:00am

After the show, during The Wrap Up Show, Robin told Gary and Jon Hein that Howard took her down to the basement of the building and spoke to hear about how much he appreciates all the years they've worked together. He walked her through the basement and to a dumpster down there... and there was a car next to the dumpster. Howard was telling her that he got her something and there was a bow on the car that was down there. He bought her a Mercedes Hard Top convertible. Robin said that she has looked at the car for many years and would never buy it for herself. Robin said that the car is black with a grey interior with SIRIUS satellite radio installed.

Robin said that no one has ever done anything like that for her in her whole life. Gary said that her eyes were kind of misty right then and she said it was shocking to have something like that. Jon Hein wondered what it was that she thought Howard wanted to talk to her about. Gary jokingly said ''Did you hear that sound? That was Jackie having a stroke...''

Robin said that people don't understand how much fun they've had over the years. She said they get paid to have a blast every day and she never expected a car from Howard. She said Howard has already done far more than anyone else would ever do for her. She was very emotional and couldn't express the way she really felt today. She rarely feels this way about anything.

Ronnie the Limo Driver came in and said he saw Robin crying down there and Howard was so excited to have done that for her. They met at the Mercedes dealer on Saturday and picked out just the right car for her. Robin figured it was going to be something small but it turned out to be this car.

Robin said that Howard walking through the door of his surprise birthday party was the best reaction she's ever gotten out of Howard in all the years she's known him. Gary said that it was almost like the first time Robin threw him a party when he was just as surprised. The guys had to take a break during that discussion.

A little later, after the break, Ronnie asked her about the color combo on this car Howard got her. She said she usually likes silver but she loves black. She always had black before getting an Audi TT in silver one time. She said she loves this car in black. Ronnie said there was a lot of arguing about whether or not to get black or silver. Robin said they made the right choice with the black.

Gary said that Robin always came driving up in some wild cars and he never knew that she owned them. Robin told Gary that this car is great because it's got a hard top that folds down to make it a convertible. She said she loves that she'll have this car because it's so easy to move the top. The guy from Mercedes is waiting for Robin as she's doing this interview. She was very nervous about it and had to drive the car home herself. She was ready to drive the car home and may put the top down today with the heat on high.

Robin said that she's really into these cars and had a Corvette Z06 on order. She's not sure what to do now that she has this car so Ronnie told her to sell her old Corvette because the Z06 is going to be worth a lot more money than the old one. A listener called in and said that his car just broke down the other day and he figured that Robin could help him out by giving him one of those.

Another caller mentioned that Robin has a Lexus Hybrid SUV. Robin said that vehicle is great because it gets such great mileage. She also said that this show is great because we get to hear about the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Robin said she wanted to get this story on the air as soon as she could while she's still emotional.

Scarlett Ohara and ilovebacon like this.
  8. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
  9. imissalison

imissalison f**k Mutt

Reputations:
    Coincidentally it was just after the first bonus kicked in. Remember how they were all going to do stupid stunts depending on how many subscribers they got? The Wig does nothing that's not for himself. Bonus city was what is was all about. "Are we one company or two Robin?"

codeine, killallposers and SternsEgo like this.