When I signed up for Sirius, Howard worked 5 days a week

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    And always went over on time. Like, he wouldn't sign off untl 11 or 11:30 some days. The show was originally advertised as commercial free, but that quickly ended. It was literally non-stop laughs. Now, he works a couple of days per week, the show is short and filled with ads and/or AT talk. It is unfunny, unoriginal, and it's all about how great him and Beth are. I can't fucking believe how I bought into this. Now, Sirius is asking me to sign on for another year. Sorry, but I am OUT

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    In the beginning Howard was motivated by a lot of things.. a new venture, a new freedom to say and do practically anything he wanted on-air and an incentive to put on the best show possible to boost subscriptions to get more marbles.

They have been at Sirius for almost 7 years so it's no longer a new venture and he has had the freedom for that entire time, and bringing in subscriptions no longer lines his pockets.. simply put Howard is no longer motivated to put on a great show. He's older, burnt out, bitter, greedy and more vanilla. He of course says the show has just "evolved" but in fact it has devolved.

3. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    If you tell the Sirius rep you're ready to cancel, you'll be immediately transferred to 'customer care' where you'll be offered many months for free. In my case, the last go round got me 6 months for free. I boycotted wig ages ago, but I still use SIRI for Jay Thomas, the music, and nfl. Just a suggestion. SIRI has been taking your money for false product claims (wiggy). May as well get something for nothing before you jump ship.

4. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't complain about the days he takes off (because he could do 6 day weeks of the current show and i still wouldn't listen)
    i more mind the days he doesn't take off, where he puts no effort into the show. to me, that's the issue. i don't even care if he bamboozled us, i just care if the show is funny/interesting/entertaining.

6. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    You're right. There's nothing motivating him, no incentive. He also doesn't have to worry about ratings, so there's no positive or negative motivation.

There's just his contract. The only thing that Sirius required of him is to sit in a chair for four hours and talk. And that's all they're getting.

So, both of them are at fault, but I blame Sirius for not building in some benchmarks, requirements or any kind of incentive.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    Sirius should never have signed him to the second contract. Sirius basically gave Howard $80M a year just to associate themselves with the "Howard Stern brand" rather than actual content.. the same deal they gave Martha Stewart and Oprah.

8. Coconut Sid

Coconut Sid Member

Reputations:
    This video never gets old

[video=youtube;TBAxylbVuzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAxylbVuzU[/video]

9. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    Anymore, less days is best, since they killed the "funny" on that show years ago.