When it all comes down to it...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ... Do you think Howard actually doesn't give a fuck about the horrendous implosion of his career and legacy, or do you think he sits up at night thinking about how it all went wrong, and just how badly things are for him?

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

no he is fucking rich.. doesn't give two shit about how he sold out his brand

3. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Edit: Exactly what Xavier said.

4. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    if you had a BILLION++ dollars would you care??

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    This . . . :coffee:

6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He has a billion fucking dollars.... why would he give 2 shits???????????????????????

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    I've been one of Howards biggest critics over the last year or two, but I've always said he really didn't do anything any of us wouldn't have done. Think about it: It's 2005 and he's nearing the end of his career in 10 years or so, and he basically can't walk down the street without getting sneered at due to the content of his show. Yes, he has millions of fans, and gets accolades along with the sneers, but he wants to be loved by everyone (don't we all?). So he starts to slowly pander to the Hollywood elite. He realizes that if he is accepted by these people, he will be accepted by mainstream media and the rest of America. He wants to be able to retire, walk down the street and have everyone be in love with him. Before, his show was very polarizing. Half of the public loved him and defended him every day, but half of the people loathed him too. He probably figured that "cleaning up" the show might lose some loyal fans, but will gain middle america and hoards and hoards more fans.

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Exactly this.

9. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think it's worse, I think Howard actually believes this is the best the show has ever been.

10. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard equals money with success.
    =
    He thinks he is better then ever

11. MatthewRosa

MatthewRosa New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I would buy that theory if his joining AGT resulted in an explosion of new listeners/subscribers to his SiriusXM radio show. Him joining that show had nothing to do with his career and everything to do with his wife. She hates everything about his show and this was a way for him to do something that she accepted and even benefited from. Yes he is probably now somewhat more accepted by middle america but what does that matter? Like I already stated that has done nothing for Howard in terms of his radio show and the second he leaves AGT they will forget he ever existed. I believe Howard sits up and thinks about his career and still cares deeply however I believe the lawsuit crippled his passion to actually fix what went wrong. Add in the fact he lost the greatest comedic co-host he ever had and you can see how he probably doesn't have the patience or interest to fix anything. All that could be changed however if he cuts ties with SiriusXM and tries a new medium, which I personally believe could happen if Apple radio is serious about their product. If that happens I do not believe that is going to be a pay service because there is no way a respectable audience is falling for the same lies again as most of did in 2006. We can all agree that he is done with AGT after this season and if he stays on TV hopefully he will move into a HBO produced interview/comedy show. He also mentioned this week he is working on a secret project that he allegedly "backed off as producer" that he wanted to make forever which is most likely the Porky's remake that he has been trying to remake for ages or in a move that could shock every single one of us, he could have found his balls and is actually making a sequel to Private Parts that realistically shows what happened in the last 15yrs. One thing is certain now and that is Howard has zero intention of retiring in 2015 now that he lost the lawsuit.

12. F Vick

F Vick Stuck up cunt Banned User

Reputations:
    He just doesn't care. If he did, no piss on the fans comment. He got what he wanted....$$$$$$

13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If he didn't care, why all the censorship ? Seems like a lot if work to do for someone that doesn't care.

14. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm very skeptical. Through the years, Wiggy has regularly intimated that he's working on "the next big thing." This was often true in the 90s -- books, E!, SOTB, movie -- but much less so now.

He's owned the movie rights to Porky's and Rock and Roll High School for years. What's he done with them? It's not as though THSS eats up much of his time now. I think he holds those rights for two reasons.
    1.) Hopes someone buys them for a lot more than he paid.
    2.) Tax write-off scam, allegedly. One of his shell production companies does a tiny amount of work on each script every year, then writes-off a massive production expense, allegedly.

As for an interview show? A truly inquisitive nature is indispensable for a good interviewer. Age, hundreds of millions of $$$, and a bimbo wife put out that fire in him years ago.

I agree he probably won't retire in 2015. He's too narcissistic for that, but nor will he do anything of value or artistic significance. Creatively, he is a spent force.

15. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    IMO, for him, it didnt go wrong.

he gets max marbles for minimum effort

16. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has said, more than once, that he did not need his fans to get where he was - they needed him. He thinks he is self made and does not need support. He thinks everything he did was pioneered by him. His ego and vanity are on a different plane than the rest of us. His foot is in the Hollywood door and he has parties thrown 'in his honor'.

Howard thinks he is in a better place than he has ever been. Guaranteed.

17. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The last sentence says it all.

18. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He let the wind go out of his sails for some reason. Remember when Howard and The Losers flew to LA to appear on the Magic Johnson Show? EPIC. FUCKING EPIC. Politically correct? No, of course not. But remember the crowds of people hoping to get in to the show?

Jackie leaving the show was the beginning of the end IMHO. No one to poke Howard in the ribs for his bullshit.

Can you imagine just one Jackie Laugh when Beff was on the air hyping "giftscriptions"?

19. Jeton

Jeton Member VIP

Reputations:
    He is a multimillionaire and you are on welfare

20. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't be shocked if he's had moments where he thought to himself "what the fuck have I done?" but he's also incredibly fucked in the head, so those moments would probably be few and far between. Whenever he complains about twitter, "those fans" or anything else that's ruining his life, his typical response is that they're all jealous of him. He somehow can't fathom that "those fans" may have a point in their criticism of what his show has become. I could also be 100% wrong and he's A-OK with destroying his legacy as long as the check clears.