When Riding A Motorcycle, Watch For Those Banana Peels....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jan 15, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
  2. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've taken a spill like that after some asshole cut me off at a light. I wasn't doing anything close to 75 mph and I still got fucked up pretty bad. Broke my collarbone and took a big chunk of flesh out of my foot and elbow. Good thing I was wearing my helmet or I wouldn't be here today.

Dmaxxin and SternsEgo like this.
  3. natepig

natepig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That was a bit of a let down.

4. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

My brother took a nasty spill doing about 30 on a busy street with traffic, some asshole decided to make a left hand u-turn from the right lane directly in front of him. He went down and broke his arm above his wrist, the guy looked, saw what happened and bolted. They tracked the plate and it belonged to another car, the cops didn't do much after that. My brother hurt his leg, elbow, and they needed to install pins in the broken bone.

5. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

Hows this? The guy dies in the end.

Biker David Holmes, takes a chance whilst on a Speed High of adrenaline but chance got the better and he hits the car in a high speed accident. His helmet Camera filmed it all.

This dramatic headcam video captures rider’s LAST moments. The moment a car crosses into the path of Norwich motorcyclist David Holmes who was killed on the A47 at Honingham in June 2013.

The headcam on the riders' helmet shows the final seconds of biker David Holmes' life and it comes with a warning that it contains distressing images.

Video: A mother has decided to release devastating footage showing a motorbike crash that killed her 38-year-old son was killed in a motorbike crash to remind motorists and cyclists alike of the dangers of driving.

David Holmes was killed while riding his silver Yamaha on the A47 near Honingham, Norfolk on the evening of Saturday 8 June, 2013. He died after his bike collided with a Renault vehicle travelling in the opposite direction. Holmes had been riding motorbikes for 22 years.

While Holmes had been driving at , the driver of the Renault admitted to police that he had not seen the motorbike and was prosecuted in April this year.

"The aim of releasing this footage is not to achieve agreement from the public; it's about delivering messages around road safety and how deaths can be prevented. I welcome the fact it will create debate and, in my view, this will get people talking about road safety; their actions behind the wheel or on a bike and it will go some way to achieving our aims.”

6. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    :owned:

7. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:

whoever made this is a genius

8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    There are two kinds of riders. Those who have crashed and those that will crash. I'm in the former group. My crash was my fault. I was lucky I was not hurt that badly and I could ride home afterwards. I had the biggest black and blue mark on my leg but nothing broken.
    If you ride, be careful out there.

9. natepig

natepig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That was the polar opposite of the first one. I'm a pussy and don't like watching people die. Thanks anyway though.

10. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm still amazed this moron didn't crash....

11. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    when bikers hug the outside or inside of a lane they are often invisible to the car in front of them

not sure why so many of them choose to ride in this manner-but it seems rather dangerous

12. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was geared up - saved his life. Good for him.

My kids got me a GoPro for Xmas and I was going to stick it on my helmet and ride this weekend. Seems like the only videos people post are crashed though.