When was the last time Robin was funny?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by yippeekyaa, Apr 25, 2012.

1. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Robin said she once had lunch with Jay Thomas and Jay said that he was funnier than Howard. Blobbin told Jay that "I'm funnier than you Jay". This got me to thinking when was the last time I've heard Robin say anything funny? She has said things that i took as funny, such as "howard i'm writing a cookbook" but nothing that was intended as humor. I can't name one legitimate time. Can you?

2. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits

Reputations:
    when she said she stopped running in the marathon for a bagel.

3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly New Member

Reputations:
    Nope, not a thing...ever! in fact.

4. Frank Snotra

Frank Snotra New Member

Reputations:
    Cahm ahn! Robin gets in some good lines. Just the other day when she said Benjy, with his low monotoned delivery when explaining himself, said he was like "Hal"--the computer

5. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua New Member

Reputations:
    She never was funny. She was always there to be a token black so Howard could get away saying racial jokes. Very much the same way Lisa Lampanelli claims she has sex with black men so she can get away with her jokes. Howard may be an ass but that Jew is no dummy when it comes to making money.

6. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    When she called Howard out on having a personal weatherman!

7. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I always thought the "she's just a token so he can get away with it" thing was bullshit. Discovering just how calculating and deceitful he's been about every other damn thing, I'm not so sure any more.

To answer the question, never. Even when she was emasculating Howard over the personal weatherman, she wasn't FUNNY, just valuable for once.

The amazing thing about her is that she can spend so many years next to funny people and have not even a whiff of it rub off on her. It's some kind of backward gift to be that dull.

8. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Damn it Willy, you beat me to it. That was the last time I could remember her saying anything funny.

9. Pollock

Pollock New Member

Reputations:
    She's best when busting on people and getting them worked up into a fury. She's a master at that.

But she's absolutely horrendous whenever she tries to jump in with Howard and Fred when they're throwing out one-liners or doing accents.

10. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    The last time robin made me laugh was thinking about her running a marathon...

11. MuttFucker

MuttFucker New Member

Reputations:
    Before she became a sociopathic, delusional, green guzzling, charity stealing, yo-yo dieting, weave-wearing, lazy, lesbian, talentless ass! So I guess a long time ago.

12. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    You're right Willy, forgot that one. +R

13. Hamburglar

Hamburglar New Member

Reputations:
    She has never been funny, or even interesting. Robin is only noteworthy when she says yet another incredibly stupid thing.

14. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Only time! True story.

15. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. I don't think Robin is really funny ever, but this was fucking hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  16. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. I realized the other day that my brain has really gotten efficient with subconsciously tuning her out to the point I can't remember nor notice a god damn word she says anymore but a few moments got through during I think Monday's show, where she was trying to attach herself to the end of every one of Howard's comments with a zinger of her own and it was just painful. A few times it was words or phrases that didn't even fit and more random than even Benjy's bullshit.

If I had to timeline when she started getting noticably annoying I'd say its probably right after they got to Sirius, suddenly she was Mother Goddess of knowledge and completely unable to poke fun at herself anymore. A deal with Sony for a TV show was looming (which they eventually wisely backed out of) and suddenly she was too important and dignified for the show, but waiting around for something better to come along while continuing to coast on Howard's coattails doing bare minimum - just putting her ass in a chair, reading printouts from Yahoo news and not bothering to pre-read any of it.

The truth is, she's completely fucking bonkers. She ran around fag hagging with that "Brendan" guy that was gay which she guarded and didn't speak of so she could both feel like and give off the impression that she belonged with a guy that looked like him. Pathetic. So while these days she gives off the vibe that she's above it all, narcissistic and arrogant and all that, underneath it she's actually completely manic, sitting alone in the dark all weekend type manic. Then when she steps outside of the Stern framework and goes on a show - like remember that Jimmy Kimmel appearance at the end of which she tosses Jimmy that baeball - if you saw it you saw a woman giggling maniacally beyond her own ability to control it. It wasn't the usual fake laughter she feels compelled to throw in during the radio show, it was like a person struggling with who to be, totally uncomfortable in her own skin and just having a VERY hard time of it.

Batshit.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  17. Peanut2008

Peanut2008 New Member

Reputations:
    Robin has never been funny except when she was making fun of Fred buying his mom a CookiePuss. :D

18. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

That and her attempt at playing basketball against Dominic are the closest she has been to funny, I wish that basketball video were posted somewhere.

19. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Actually it was when she was funny by proxy: Jackie doing his readings of "Quivers: A Life." Now that was fucking hysterical!

20. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She's funny a lot, I lau at her all the damn time. Haven't laughed with her since 1984