When was the last time we heard Howard's real voice?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 10, 2012.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you listen to the super old tapes Howard's voice has changed ... mind you he was a fully grown man in his 30s at that point.

But as his budgets went up Howard's on air voice became deeper .. why?.. He claims it was his voice maturing.. later he admitted to having compression

on his voice.. this old clip gives you an idea of his real voice...

even if you don't agree ...this clip is worth looking at as a reminder of how much work Howard has had done..

I am going to give you a 100% "holly shit" reaction

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    "I've been to some of the tapings and he's fantastic" - LIE!

According to Howchie, she was sick all week in L.A. and didn't attend any tapings. - LIE!

According to Howchie, 2 days after the middle statement, ahem, Bethman did attend one taping. LIE?

These Assholes lie so much, they can't keep their stories straight. OK, Howchie, which is it?

Did the Bethman attend:
    a) 0 tapings
    b) 1 taping
    c) "Some tapings" (by definition, this means "more than one")
    d) "Don't ask us. Ask Don Buchwald. He'll get back to you."
    e) <Crafty Sal the Stockbroker voice> "Let me see... That's a good question. How many tapings did Beth attend? Well, it depends on what you mean by 'attend'... " </Crafty Sal the Stockbroker voice>

Zero point zero credibility with these two.

The cunt then goes on to the punchline of the joke, "funny, honest and direct"

4. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    So Beth Oats is happy to share Howard with the world? I just wished Howard never shared her with us.

Allison was rarely brought up but horsehead is drilled into us. Why??? :dontknow:

5. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When it comes to Beth, I think it's safe to say if there is no photo, it didn't happen. This is a woman with a compulsive disorder I have never heard of where she must have her photo taken to document every nanosecond of her empty-headed life. The only photo we have seen of her in the AGT audience so far was in St. Louis - I think that's the only taping she got into.

6. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    If AGT doesn't give his mike alot of compression, I am sure you will hear "nasaly" Howard.

7. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    This is why Howchie got so flaky when a fan who was at one of the LA tapings called in and said, "The audience couldn't hear you, Howard." Howard "responded" with "They need to get Ultimate Ears[SUP]TM[/SUP] for the Judges, Robin." (Paraphrased a bit, since Howchie couldn't remember the name of the ear buds.)

Howard knows his microphone is being run through "The Voice of Howchie[SUP]TM[/SUP]" machine prior to being recorded. He's intentionally staying quiet so the audience can't hear his real voice (the one that comes out of his lips, and not from a speaker or headphones). This motive is supported by Howchie's continued damage control, when he related that "Sharon speaks quietly when she wants to make a point. " I've never seen AGT, but the Sharon Osbourne I remember got louder when making points. Howard is hiding his voice and making excuses about it.

Speaking of "The Voice of HowchieTM" machine, I wonder if Howard & Don Buchwald get extra money licensing the settings of the machine to AGT? Ozzy Osbourne has patented settings to achieve his voice, "The Voice of Ozzy[SUP]TM[/SUP]," and it's in his music contract that, at all live appearances, they have to use Ozzy's machine, with his settings, to get his voice. I'm betting Howard has the same clause in his own contract.

Suggestion for Hecklers: At tapings, yell out "Nice to hear your REAL voice, Howard!"

8. stableboy38

stableboy38 Member

Reputations:
    The Howard Stern in the clip is long dead

9. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw that clip before, that thing that stood out to me is that his ratings dropped from 1st to 4th. I thought he was fired from NBC because he was soooo outrageous...yet another Stern lie.

If you really want to feel creeped out, Beth was about 10 years old when that interview first aired.

10. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    That clip has a lot of him talking lowly, on WNBC when he got all energetic he sounded extremely geeky. Peacock Years provides a better example of just how crazy his voice used to be.

I say it's a combination of compression and the nose-job. He didn't start projecting the really deep bass in his voice until after the nose-job.

BTW, Michael Jackson had "bones shoved through his nose to look like a white man"? What?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  11. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Which could be part of the reason he comes across so douchey on Letterman.....his voice is much higher and nasally and annoying.

12. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:

13. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Back in the halcyon days he was nervous
    and unsure of his great self always concerned
    about putting on a great show hence his voice SOUNDED
    high whiney and very NY jewey ........then he made it big
    in the ratings and relaxed and his natural basso profoundo
    took over ................least thatz what the gr8 man sez :dontknow:

14. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "That's him thaaare" at 1:09

15. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I want to know when the last time we heard his real personality.

16. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:

17. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Humorous pieces? what humorous pieces??? :dontknow: :lol:

18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You hear it every time the wheels come off the bus. It's a high pitched squeal repeatedly tryin to convince you that he's still relevant.

19. Tmmy Sirianni

Tmmy Sirianni Active Member

Reputations:
    I like Mr. Ed's "The Voice of Howchie[SUP]TM[/SUP]" theory.

Nothing he said is technically incorrect, but some of the specifics might be intentionally unexplained (don't get me started on Voice of Ozzy).

I think that, more than anything, Howard's undergone vocal training (or has studied relaxation techniques) to deepen his voice, and has learned from listening to himself.

His voice is most definitely "enhanced", though.

There's a lot of bass added to his voice via EQ, as well as compression.

However, when Howard says that "compression" makes his voice sound deeper, he's assuming listeners don't know what he's talking about.

Compression "compresses" volume fluctuations; it has nothing to do with pitch.

Harmonizers (especially high-end ones that Howard can afford) can alter pitch in real-time -- just listen to "Bob & Ray" or "Cookie Puss".

Does Howard use a harmonizer to subtly deepen his voice all the time, every day, though?

I'd say no, what with all the ways it could go wrong. His voice deepened in the late 80s/early 90s -- what was he using then? An Eventide?

Howard's merely trained his voice to sound deeper when his throat is more relaxed.

By speaking more quietly into his microphone at AGT, Howchie can use his "real" (relaxed) voice, which, when run through the compression/EQ, sounds more like the Howard we know.

There's a reason he wants his in-studio microphone "hot"/bordering on overmodulation (he's yelled at Scott about this a lot) -- the less he has to strain, the deeper his voice sounds.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  20. setai

setai Member

Reputations:

the way he gushes "I'm so glad you came in " at 13 secs is very high pitch GAY voiced howard as he really is.