When your young you do stupid shit

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FCCstandards, Sep 17, 2015.

1. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    what did you do that your surprised you are still alive? When I was in 8th grade I was skiing with my brother and father at Mad River Glen in VT. Last run of the day, I caught an edge and sailed into a tree backwards. No helmet back then and only fractured my shoulder. Had my head hit the tree I would have been at least paralyzed if not dead. When I was 20, my friends and I were water skiing, I let go of the rope to come into shore. I thought it would be cool to do a flip out of the ski, landed head first in the water. Luckily it was all mud, should have broken my neck, but the mud was soft enough I guess. Your turn.

smichal, RenchFries, LaserT and 2 others like this.
  2. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I told this story the other day to some youngsters when talking about the cars we used to drive. I had a 1964 Mercury Montery that was a big, red sled with a really loud 8-track player and almost no brakes. The brakes had a leak that required me to pour brake fluid into this compartment under the hood every couple of days. In addition, I basically had to pump my foot about a dozen times to build up enough pressure to stop. Every fucking time! So, did a little 'glitch' in the brake system stop us from taking that car on rock concert road trips? Hell no. We'd drive 2 hours on the interstate to Cleveland or Cincinnati without stopping and I would just let off the gas about a quarter mile from the exit ramp and start pumping those brakes and hoping the car would stop. That thing stopped every time! Never so much as bumped another car and wasn't ever pulled over. And did I mention there was always a drive-in tray full of pot, seeds, and rolling papers 'hidden' below my driver's seat? A cop would never think of looking there, right?

These days, if I hear so much as a squeak in my brakes, I put a call into my mechanic buddy and if I have weed in the car, I wrap it tightly in plastic and put it in the trunk. I still can't believe the shit I got away with!

3. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My friend and I lived together in an apartment and we worked at the same job, so we would race just about everyday driving to work, often running red lights, speeding, cutting people off, to see who could show up first. One perk was we were never late to work.

I miss those days, but now when I see idiots driving like that I get pissed off, thinking they will kill someone or cause a crash.

smichal, RenchFries and Gusbuss like this.
  4. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Northeast corridor is one of the lines that NJ Transit runs in Jersey. We used to put pennies and quarters and shit on the tracks and when the trains came zooming by, they'd flatten them. It always took a while to find them but they were always flattened like a little pancake. One time, we found some railroad ties that weren't being used (god knows why they were just lying around).
    Anyway, one of us idiots had the great idea to lay a railroad tie across the tracks and see what would happen. It was pretty damn heavy. We thought that maybe the train would just knock it out of the way. Boy, we're we wrong. The train started coming pretty quickly and the engineer was blowing the horn like crazy but the train wasn't slowing down. Well, when that train hit the railroad tie, it turned a huge piece of wood into about a million splinters. It was probably the craziest and most dangerous thing we ever did.

Except for that time we blew up a back hoe at a construction site. That night started out with some innocent fun and hijinks. We were making homemade molotov cocktails and throwing them around a cemetery. There was a construction site next to the cemetery and one thing led to another. Rags were soaked in gasoline and said rags were stuffed into the gas tank. Still to this day, I don't know why the gas cap didn't have a lock on it.
    So, we poured the rest of our gas canister all over the back hoe and made a trail so we could get a little further away from it when we lit it up.
    Light the match, run like mad and after about a minute or so, all we heard was BLAMMO!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, we were fucking nuts back then.

RenchFries and Father O'Blivion like this.
  5. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My mom inspected my underwear in the 70's.

Tinier Timmy likes this.
  6. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    My buddy and I would race each other home from work up Rt. 17 in NJ in the mid 1980s. We would cut people off and swerve in and out, so lucky we didnt wreck or hurt anyone, or ourselves.

Stupid shit

RenchFries likes this.
  7. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I wrecked my bike on the towns deadmans curve on the morning of last day of jr year. got me out of a couple finals I didn't study for with passing grades when teachers thought I was in hospital. I wasn't even hurt, just pumped full of adrenalin after the wreck...my sad bike was twisted and I spent summer rebuilding. loved that bitch
    [​IMG]

RenchFries and wife is a whore like this.
  8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    When I was young I couldn't the the whole your/you're thing straight to save my life.

9. maroon

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. Rhinosaucerous

Rhinosaucerous Self-hating Millennial

Reputations:
    When I was in college, I took 1/8 oz. of shrooms, followed that up with 15 gravity bongs of K2 and other related spice, and finally molly to keep me from passing out.

All with my "friends" at the time.

I kept tripping out over whether I had an irregular heart rhythm from the chaos that was my body at the time. I wanted to go to the ER, but lost my phone earlier that night. They put me in a room and I eventually passed out. By the grace of God, I woke up the next morning. Major fucking headache.

FosterKitten likes this.
  11. FCCstandards

Reputations:
    Me neither

12. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Glory days-they'll pass you by......

13. ChristinesEmotionalFriend

ChristinesEmotionalFriend Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to be involved in backyard wrestling. One particularly notable match involved roman candles.

RenchFries and EmperorsNewCaps like this.
  14. FCCstandards

Reputations:
    Ya? Explain.

RenchFries likes this.
  15. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I was on a ski trip with my bf and friends. I guess I wanted to end things but didn't know how so I proceed to ignore him and flirt with another guy. Me and other guy make our way to the bar where my bf catches us making out :ass:
    It was terrible.
    But about 20 years ago, I went into the bar, that he owns!, and after talking for awhile I totally apologized for doing that to him. Believe me, karma has come back to slap me in the face :down:

babybear, Joe Bauers, Weed and 4 others like this.
  16. McLennison

McLennison VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    One of the neighborhood kids was riding his bike pretty fast coming downhill. For some inexplicable reason I thought it would be a laugh if I put a stick in his spokes as he sped by. He crashed of course, thankfully he was fine. The wheel was ruined. I caught major hell from both sets of parents.

RenchFries and FosterKitten like this.
  17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...thunderbolt?

18. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Learned the difference between your and you're.

19. maroon

Reputations:
    75 triumph trident, 3cyl.

RenchFries likes this.
  20. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Always wanted a Triumph in my youger days. It never worked out:(

maroon likes this.