Where is karma when this happens?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Petal, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-3-million-lottery-jackpot-article-1.2040358

I love how the friend says that it's Christmas and everyone should cut this guy a break. Just wow. o_O

Florida convicted sex offender wins $3 million lottery jackpot
    Timothy Poole became a multimillionaire after purchasing a scratch-off ticket at a 7-Eleven in Mount Dora. He had been arrested in 1999 for allegedly sexually battering a 9-year-old boy.
    BY ALEJANDRO ALBA
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 10:58 AM
    [​IMG]FLORIDA LOTTERYConvicted sex offender Timothy Poole, who spent three years in prison for a crime involving a 9-year-old boy, won nearly $3 million of a Super Millions scratch-off lottery ticket.
    A convicted sex offender in Florida became an unlikely millionaire over the weekend when he purchased a Super Millions scratch-off lottery ticket at a 7-Eleven.

Timothy Poole, who was arrested in 1999 following the allegation of sexually battering a 9-year-old boy, took home nearly $3 million. The Mount Dora native cashed out his ticket on at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee on Monday. He got a one-time, lump-sum of $2,219,807.90.

"He was flabbergasted, said Floyd Snyder, a friend of Poole's, in an interview with WKMG Local 6 "He couldn't believe it. It was quite a remarkable thing. My heart is still beating."

Poole, a cab driver currently working for his mother's taxi company, Triangle Cab, was a friend of the victim's family, according to the arrest warrant affidavit. According to the complaint, Poole performed sexual acts on the boy while sharing a bed with him at the family's home.

Poole denied the allegations at first and went to jail for 13 months. He was later offered a plea bargain and pleaded guilty to attempted sexual battery. He was sentenced to the 13 months he had already spent in jail, 10 years of sex offender probation and he had to register as a sexual predator.

[​IMG]FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENTPoole spent three years in prison for not attending four of his sexual offender counseling sessions. He was released in 2006. Ever since he was worked as a cab driver for his mother’s taxi company.
    In 2003 Poole was sent to prison for not attending four of his sex offender counseling session. He spent three years in jail. Since being released in 2006, Poole has not had trouble with the law, Snyder told WKMG.

"I've known him for years and I've never seen any inclination of anything like that with him," said Snyder. "He's a very positive person. Very kind. Giving. I think that's why he won. It's Christmas time and the dude deserves a break."

Snyder said Poole is thinking of using some of his newly acquired money to expand his mother's business.

Florida law does not withhold payments from winners based on their criminal background, according to a spokeswoman. The only scenario in which money would be held is if the winner owes money to a state

2. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    The world sucks. Merry Christmas!

3. Petal

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Blur and Shortwave98 like this.
  4. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I dont know what makes me more mad... this story or grumpy cat making that broad $100 mill

5. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    he'll be building a castle in thailand.

6. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Got nothing against the grumpy cat. If my cat had that look on her face I'd be pulling in that dough!

7. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    child fuckers getting million dollar checks ... it happens

[​IMG]

8. Petal

Reputations:
    Hey - at least it wasn't Yoda bringing in $100 mil to Bethie... things could always be worse, right? ;)