Where the F did the George Martin BEATLES rant come from today???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll never claim I'm a BEATLESOPHILE. In fact, I bet I could karaoke doppelgangers (but good ones) OASIS better than and more accurate than I could them. I know they're great, blah blah effin blah, but growing up I never felt as if they were aimed at my generation. So I deliberately ducked all things BEATLES because everyone seemed like a bandwagon poser that did glom onto them from my generation XY, same thing with the Stones. In other words I went to a ROLLING STONES and LIVING COLOUR concert and I cared more about LIVING COLOUR and left the show after LC finished as a kid.

BUT with that said you can't get away from THE BEATLES, try as you may. Even though they broke up at like 27 or 28 people still OBSESS over them to this day to a degree I may not be able to grasp. Can real BEATLESOPHILES tell me WTF was with Howard's rant on this George Martin guy yesterday? Is it valid, or is it really a novice BEATLES fake fan not knowing George Harrison from the Steelers James Harrison in Howard whom I've NEVER found to be an EXPERT or passionate about anything besides himself and getting laid (provided he's not really gay??)???

It also seemed FORCED! The caller that started the show off igniting the rant by Wigward seemed staged when you see how fast he picks up on the guy. And HERE is the full commentary and audio....

[video=youtube;5oahJDIeaoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oahJDIeaoY&feature=g-upl[/video]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It seemed kind of random and out of left field to me too.

3. UnElegant 1

UnElegant 1 Member

Reputations:
    This might shock some people but Howard knows nothing about music.

George Martin was integral to The Beatles sound and Lennon himself stated that fact many times. McCartney and Lennon had great music and lyrics but had no idea how to layer the sound or construct it. Sgt. Pepper's could never have been recorded without him,he provided the orchestration that they heard in their head's but had no idea how to describe it.

Once again it's just another avenue for Howard to trot out the old "everyone takes credit for my success" routine. It's called projection.

4. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    George Martin really should have been given composition rights to alot of the most popular pop songs in music even if just for the orchestral components , as a producer (especially at the start) he was INSTRUMENTAL in song choices for recording and even song structure

he basically invented the flanger , artificial double tracking , the use of backwards tape reels etcetcetc the guy is a genius on par with John Lennon Paul McCartney

he FUCKING RECORDED an album like Sgt Pepper's on a fucking 4 track tape machine - thats incredible

5. UnElegant 1

UnElegant 1 Member

Reputations:
    Exactly! Guys like him and Tom Dowd were real recording engineers who did amazing things with what would now be considered primitive equipment. Recording was truly an art and a science in those days.

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree, and I think I said this in my original post. I don't think Howard knows anything about ANYTHING except himself and all things involving him. To claim to be passionate about THE BEATLES from his generation doesn't prove a thing because EVERYONE from his baby-boom generation is or CLAIMS to be, it's waaayyy easy.

Find me ONE person between the ages of like 55 to almost 70 that isn't, I dare you? As great as the BEATLES are as a group and individually, it's THE safest pop-culture interest one can have in that age range. Who'll question it, who'll debate you, and you have tons of ppl you can bounce it off.

As a big basketball player and fan growing up it reminded me of when ppl would redundantly say they were huge Michael Jordan or Larry Bird fans. It was like who the hell is gonna challenge that, it seems very easy, why even announce it?

7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And thank you, and being that Howard is either ignorant and lying about everything these days, I actually questioned exactly that! I DID wonder that this guy MAY be great simply because Howard doesn't want to give him credit.

I mean Wigward's taste in TV, movies, guests, friends, staff, wife, and music is usually shit then why should his taste in music producers be any different?!?!

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    It's all about Howard.
    He invented everything.
    Do not ever think that Stuttering John, Jackie,Billy West,KC Armstrong or Artie Lange had anything to do with Howards success!
    Every successful bit on howards show came from him....not members of his staff!
    What do you do for a living genius! :facepalm:
    Howard is Americas JUDGE!!!
    He invented Billy Squier dammit!!
    [​IMG]

9. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    eesh Nemo

10. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

This

11. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard knows absolutely NOTHING about music. ZERO point ZERO. He can't sing more than a line or two of any song without fucking up the lyrics. Even songs he's known for decades.
    Leslie West is just an "okay" guitarist. But he's one that's willing to bury his nose in Howard's ass.

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Howard's opinion of music was relevant in the early to mid 80s. After that, he couldn't keep up. He struggled with the grunge movement and Guns 'N Roses and took more than a decade to acknowledge Metallica. He had Def Leppard in and only knew their top 40 shit.

His taste in music stopped growing in 1979.

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    again this was more about Howard and less about George.

14. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Howard projecting his bitterness because he would have been nothing without Jackie writing his joke lines behind the scene

Lest he'd have been still banging a cymbal and farting into a microphone

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    In 2002 Stern went to an 'Alien Ant Farm' concert

End of thread
    :yay:

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly, and having Benjy writing for him, who knows even LESS about music (as well as everything else) than anyone in there doesn't help much.

And NOIYCE use of "lest" Al Michaels!

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NICE reference hahahahaha, what is it they do "Smooth Criminal" from MJ?

18. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Stern...the show used to attempt to like current music.
    (I'm listening to 2002 Stern shows)
    Now they are stuck in the 60's.
    :facepalm:

[video=youtube;CDl9ZMfj6aE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE[/video]
    :dance:

19. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

It came from a zit that sprouted a long kinky hair that managed to work it's way up Howard's anus! Same as always.

20. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, the big shift is now Howard says Lennon would set the record straight. He no longer has respect for Paul after the snub.

Even better, Howard is essentially comparing his legacy to the Beatles.