Where would Howard be without the wig?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ZeroZed, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Imagine for a moment that Howard was confident enough in his talent and masculinity to never slap a wig (or "hair system" if you prefer) on that ugly head of his. How do you think his career would have been impacted if he had let the world witness his hair thinning over the years? Would he have remained relevent in the post-Private Part years with thinning hair or a bald spot? Would he have been offered half a billion dollars to move to Sirius? Assuming he is pretty much bald on top now, do you think there's a chance in hell he'd be on a network show?

2. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would not have mattered. Look at Larry David, he is Howard without a wig, but with talent and a funny guy.

3. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Nailed it. This is why I think Howard hates Larry & refuses to watch "Curb"

I think Howard is afraid to see his true self when Larry appears so he avoids the show. It's probably a lot like "a picture of Dorian Gray" for Howard

4. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    I tend to disagree. Larry David was a behind the scenes guy; he never presented himself as a "rock-star" like Howard did in the late 80s and early 90s. And Larry David's solo success (in front of the camera) on Curb is predicated on him presenting himself as a nebbish--poking fun at himself. I do agree that Larry David is an extremely talented guy--more so than Howard quite frankly.

I tend to think Howard had to wear the wig--that if he hadn't, he wouldn't be able to keep appealing to the young demographic that made him successful and relevant. And if he wasn't able to pull that off after Private Parts he sure wouldn't be able to command the money he did on his first Sirius contract.

In essence, that thing on his head is worth more than $500,000,000 to Howard.

5. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
  6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's audience never cared what he looked like, most people just wanted to hear a funny show on radio, E! show was just a bonus. People thought Robin was white when they heard her and she was almost bald with short nappy hair, no one cared.

7. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    I remember the first time I saw them all on the ch 9 show, I was shocked how fugly they all were and yes I too was not expecting a blaek Robin. Real faces for radio that's for sure..

8. Vdrummer35

Vdrummer35 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    maybe the real howchie died with his real hair? he entered wigdom with private parts, left his family for good & hooked up with the only whore as fake as a wig, beff o.
    wigs come & go, whores like beff o keep half of everything they can.

9. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frampton lost his rock star hair and managed maintain his dignity (and it actually suits him to boot). Howard should've just let nature take its course, and people would've gotten used to him being bad eventually. Now he's stuck wearing something on top of his head for the rest of his life.

10. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    the vanity and insecurity that led to the wig led to the nosejob(s), the chin/neck procedures, the ridiculous new lips. he would have looked way better without any of it.

i think living with the surgery addicted horse contributed to the procedures he's had done. what will he get done next? i'm sure it'll look haaaaarible.

11. joeybo

joeybo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's pretty clear that Howard is not comfortable in his own skin (and wig) and that's one thing that is very sad about him. Dude, just be yourself! He's not a leading man and his greatest talent is being a radio entertainer. Howard is consumed with other people's looks and I think it makes him overly conscious of his own. Mark Wahlberg was a great guest today and called Howard out on his teeth, among other things. From Marksfriggin.com today...

"Howard asked Mark if he would do Botox. Mark said absolutely not. He said if he can be Robert Duvall in 40 years he'd be more than happy. Howard said guys try to look good to stay the leading man. Mark said he would like to own a studio in 15 years and not have to be in the movies. He said he would like to be out of the public eye by then."

I think Howard said it himself years ago, "Father Time marches on like the ball-buster he is".

12. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    0001hs.jpg

visuoe aid

13. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At this moment? In his house.

14. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  16. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    THIS.

It would have had no adverse effect at all; to the contrary, it would only have enhanced his relatability to his fans, and allowed him to self-mock something besides his nose and small penis for a change. (It's not as if he's gathered younger fans over time even with the silly shag rug.)

Remember the whole "total honesty" bullshit that was supposed to be the key to his success? Imagine what great hay he could have made over dealing with balding on the air.

17. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Agreed, I also think the procedures were an aid to get into more mainstream types of media. Howard has always believed that he could dominate TV, and Movies the same way he dominated radio if he had the right opportunity. He can't dominate shit now, but he always believed he could be #1 at anything. He's probably been trying to get a TV gig for years, and AGT is the first thing that actually panned out.

18. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    No. Larry isn't good-looking but he isn't painful to look at. Howard has to wear whatever the fuck he's wearing on his head.............the bald truth would be too gruesome.

Howard just ain't to be looked at, hair system or no hair system. He belongs in the shadows. In the ears. On the radio. He simply is not a visually-friendly person. He's always looked ridiculous, and now that he's hooked up with the crazy, coked-out stallion of Pittsburgh ALLEGEDLY, he's looking to out-ridiculous that..................like putting a chandelier in a laundry room.

It must be awful to have to drag that kind of ugly throughout life. We should probably cut him some slack if he wasn't such a dickhead.

19. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    :lol:

I was going to say "at the wig store"

20. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:

(Larry David) The Wig Store called, and they're running out of YOU.