Where would you draw the line?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, May 10, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If you had a successful 20-year career and was offered a deal like Howard's, where would you draw the line? Would you go full Jew, like howie?

2. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    full jew

3. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You never go full Jew or full Retard.

4. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He should have retired after the first contract. He did what he came to Sirius to do and there was nothing left. And the quality of the show declined a lot by the end of that contract. Re-signing wasn't good for his legacy. Five full years of really shitty radio, pissing off fans, revealing the hypocrisy, etc, etc. will ruin his legacy.

5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes he should have retired. He did what he came to do at Sirius for 6 months then it was a money grab.

Now with 2 or 3 day weeks and 12 weeks off it's an insult to listeners. I'm pretty much done with him, I'm just waiting to see his downfall.

6. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    The way Beefie spends his money, the poor bastard had to do AGT. He will be selling stern coffee mugs and key chains by the end of the Sirius contract.

7. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I totally agree.

2006 and 2007 were two of the best years of his radio career. While 2008 wasn't quite at that level it was still great. The show's true decline began in 2009 (partly due to Artie's behavior and Howard's self censorship) but it was still listenable. While 2010 was bad, it was excuseable since I believed at thge time that Howard was not replacing Artie out of respect for his well being.

2010 should have been the year he road off into the sunset, going out with the original team (Fred and Robin), while doing the heavy lifting rather than hire another comedian out of respect for his bro. I think any fan could have respected that.

The lack of quality shows in 2010 would have been forgotten and the Sirius years would be rememberd for the great work he did from 2006 through 2008.

He then could come out of retirement a few years later for AGT and I don't think long time fans would have a problem with it. In fact some might have actually been looking foward to hearing from him for the first time in years.

Eddie Murphy doesn't get shit for toning down his image and doing Shrek/ Nutty Professor because he made a clean break and moved to a different portion of his career.

If Eddie had pulled a Footsie maneuver (Doing the kiddie movies while neutering his standup to a pc set) he would have gotten the same shit from his fans that Howard now recieves

8. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please explain what you mean when you say " Full Jew ". Thank You. :munch:

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    such hateful language.

Not all 'Frugal Americans' are bad.

10. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I don't blame him; I blame Sirius. What is it, $80,000,000 for a part-time job, with 12 weeks' vacation per year? That's unturndownable, especially for someone of his genre.

Legacy, schmegacy!

Most people accuse him of mailing it in, but I believe that anti-depressants and the early onset of Alzheimer's have rendered him incapable of being funny or even interesting at this point.

11. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:

This.......I mean if he still has half a functioning brain, he has to understand what made him successful and also that what he is doing now only tarnishes his legacy. It has to be an economic proposition (or at least he is convinced he needs to maintain the income flow).