which personality disorder is yours?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by R.P. McMurphy, Jun 3, 2013.

1. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Schizoid personality. My God, that's a frighteningly accurate description.

3. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Im fucked up just right

[video=youtube;QPsi87LVCT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsi87LVCT0[/video]

4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's great, but AFAIK, personality disorders are only half of the picture. Add the corresponding and complimentary article for mood disorders and you've got a much more comprehensive look at the general populace.

Gosh, three big words that begin with the letter c. Must be my OCD kicking in...

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

• has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);
    • is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love;
    • believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions);
    • requires excessive admiration;
    • has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations;
    • is interpersonally exploitive, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends;
    • lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others;
    • is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her;
    • shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I was just about to be diagnosed with that!"

6. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...somehow i ran across this test that the shrinks gave jodi arias that i heard about in trial so i went to see what they said. i think its the dsm 4 was one of them. i think its funny because we all have some of those traits in nearly every one of those disorders. of course its 'if you have x number or more' in the questions to tell the level of crazy.

7. Jim Lahey

Reputations:
    Sure, RP, I don't mean to shit on your thread. My point was that as I understand it, the human mind can be split into two areas: mood disorders and personality disorders. It's a whole yin and yang thing.

I've spent enough times studying the DSMs, living with professional shrinkers and sitting on a shrink's couch to agree with you that there are elements of every disorder in every one of us. But if you fixate on personality disorders you're missing half the universe.

To make up for shitting in your thread I offer you this: don't just diagnose yourself vis a vis what you posted; diagnose your current/past/ideal spouse(s). THAT's a good fucking use of time.

8. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...oh i never thought you were shitting on the thread, not at all. im already set in my ways so i dont give a fuck what their psychobabble says anyway. my brother had his Ph.D in psyc when he was 24 years old. to me its not much different than somebody using the bibe to justify their shenanigans and if youre talking to a psychologist theyre going to label you as something cause otherwise they dont get paid. ive seen these people lie in court in lots of cases, its just a means to justify their ends. the best advice i ever heard was kill your ego, its your own mind turned against you. i like that one.

9. Jim Lahey

Reputations:
    I don't know as much about Jung as I should, and I don't really know much about the behaviorists at all. But, like you and the other quality Dawgs posters, I know what xx years on the fucking street has taught me.

Wiki or google the name Albert Ellis. He was (I think) a second generation pioneer, and what little I know about him makes sense to my gut. Basically he said that we're all fucking crazy and toss darts at a board to deconstruct it. I can dig that.

10. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me. :c

11. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...lol! im going to check that out.

12. Jim Lahey

Reputations:
    From wikipedia:

Ellis most recently described himself as a probabilistic atheist, meaning that while he acknowledged that he could not be completely certain there is no god, he believed the probability a god exists was so small that it was not worth his or anyone else's attention.[SUP][15]

[/SUP]

13. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my personality is perfectly in order

i'm not crazy

14. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...:watchingyou:

15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    right. I stopped going to football games, the players were talking about me before every play :nocheer:

16. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations: