Who Dreads Their Family Christmas Get-together?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Dec 24, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    On the 24th every year, we have over my wife's family. Her mom passed away years ago, so it's her dad and his lady friend, and her sister's family. All had been fine for years until she had her first kid. That BRAT is almost 5 now, but as a baby and toddler, she was an out of control screaming little shithead. That one was bad enough, now they have twin boys that are now about a year and a half old. Those two make the first one seem like an angel, they are either screaming, screeching, or just crying IN STEREO! So the oldest fearing being out done, has reverted back to babbling and screaming to get attention and their parents just ignore it. All the while, my father-in-law is belly laughing over how cute they all are and mimics them and laughs even more. :facepalm: It goes on like that for HOURS!!!! It doesn't end until we close the front door, and we can still hear them before they drive away.

I have two kids of my own, and they can't stand it! The days of having a peaceful Christmas dinner with family is only a memory until these out of control brats grow up at some point??

2. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    At least you're home and might be able to hide somewhere to escape the madness. I unfortunately am stuck at my sisters house in PA. I've been here since Sunday and it's pure hell. A house full of annoying yentas and screaming brats. I'm counting the seconds until it's time to get the fuck outta here... :mad:

3. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  4. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    :grr:

5. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Honestly, I am so, so glad I'm an only child and that after my Mom's gone, I won't be dealing w/this anymore. :no:

6. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I try not to wish ill on anyone around the holidays, but you are making it very hard for me...

7. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I remember my Mom complaining about her (half)Sister's kids and how noisy they were .... of course * I * wasn't allowed to complain, but whatever.....

8. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
  9. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Even the fag cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" Had the balls to tell his fuckhead father in law when to get the fuck off........................:c

10. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If my brother shows up with his mutant red head wife and mutant red head children, I'm just gonna fucking bail.

11. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You can choose your friends...But your family is forced on you.......And the "Mutants" That they marry................

12. meanredhed

meanredhed Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Are you one of my brothers in law?:watchingyou:

13. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    Only thing I dread is the get-together at my grandmother's house, since I have NOTHING in common with my breeding cousins and their families. So many kids....such a huge headache.
    They all talk about whatever the hell their kids are doing/have doing/will do and my aunts and unvles just giggle and coo over it all. Mean while, I usually sit off to the side and try to tone it all out. Love my family, but when that is literally all that is discussed, I am totally left in the dust and bored to tears.

14. Yelllikepee

Yelllikepee New Member

Reputations:
    Rae and Ben Stern, that's who! :D

15. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Me and my wife bet on things before hand to keep it interesting on Christmas eve.

-how late will the family be?
    -will it be because of my fuck up brother or not?
    -how long before my brother is in a valium/beer stupor grinning, slit eyed and 3/4 passed out on the couch?

16. Richards Dad

Richards Dad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We typically go to my parents for Christmas Eve. They're cool and it's no stress. We head home and Christmas morning, the kids open their gifts from Santa. We then leave East Tennessee to go to my in-laws in Southeast KY. These people are the most rude, inconsiderate fucks alive and I hate going over there. This year my whole family has the Norovirus and we have an excuse to not go there. So the boy and I are going to raise some hell on the PS4 he's getting instead. Merry Christmas!!

17. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:
    My moms gatherings usually go fairly well, this year was good. the only thing that sucks is my brother is a major alcoholic so no drinking allowed...shitty for us who have shit under control like my sis and me. my wife's family is tomorrow...some pretty annoying people I have to deal with although on the plus side drinking is ok, and drinking I'll be.

18. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Update: both of my parents have the flu so they told me to piss off. :jj:

19. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    Me and my wife along with our little guy went over by my parents tonight. Good food and no stress whatsoever. Tomorrow over by the wife's mom and dad. I'm cool with her brother and sister along with their significant others so all is good. Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  20. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got to the point where I just cut my family off. I am no longer in contact with anyone in my family. As it is said, you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends and that is exactly what I did. If/when my friends get married and have kids they will no longer want to hang out so I won't have to listen to their brats. And if they do invite me over for the holidays I will just tell them I am heading out of town. Not having family ties is actually one of the most freeing things I have ever done. I highly recommend it. Hard to do though. Seems most folks need family like they need religion.