Amazon Prime

Who else do you know needs constant visits to the therapist?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Greekfreak, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I've often said on these forums that Wiggy owns people, he doesn't really have any friends. Almost everybody he claims to trust or know is beholden to him in someway. Beffoe, his staff, the gunt, Fred, Gary, his trainer, and of course his therapist.

I've had family members visit psychiatrists at some point in their lives, but only for a very short time. Isn't the goal of therapy to ultimately not need the therapist in the long run? I have a feeling that Don Buchwald also owns a piece of the therapist, making him the Col. Parker of the radio industry.

2. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    My cousin goes all the time, but she is a diagnosed Manic-Depressive.

3. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard has people that pay to listen to him yet he has to pay someone to listen to him to feel better about himself.

4. BudBudha

BudBudha Active Member

Reputations:
    I suspect my co-worker may have that. Any idea how long the manic or depressive phases last ?

5. Kaii

Kaii Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe half those visits are really his closet gay side getting sorted while his beard wife fucks the help

6. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I went once but I had to, to get a court officer job. She immediately insulted me because I didn't have a suit on, we got into it and....I didn't pass that part of the test and was dropped.

7. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not an expert. But I think it depends on whether they're in treatment & medicated properly.

8. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    From Oprah's interview with Letterman, it sounds as though Dave has been a regular visit to his therapist for years.

9. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah, but his wife might make him go - ever since he got his wee-wee caught inside an intern.

10. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    right..........your :quote:cousin:quote:

11. WillyBest

WillyBest Calmer than you are. Gold VIP

Reputations:
  12. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the reason for howard's need for nearly twenty years of intense therapy is his transgendered affliction. it is a constant source of his physical mental torment

13. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When you need to go to the shrink as many days as you work you should know something is wrong.

Jews just like to complain and they will gladly pay someone to listen to their complaints if they have to money to do so.

14. Dlist

Dlist Avatar by Pontius Pilot. VIP Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I should go to a therapist, to determine why I keep listening to a shitty radio show long after it has died...

15. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Staff Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think only Woody Allen goes to the shrink more.

16. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just for the record, most reputable psychiatrists do not meet with patients more than once every two weeks nowadays. The kind of therapy Howard gets (Freudian) isn't used by anyone except the rich who want affirmation or use it as a status symbol. I got to know a lot of prison psychiatrists when I was a guard, and they will all tell you that Freudian psychiatrists are hacks who use an outdated science that existed before medication. The job of a real psychiatrist is to diagnose and medicate, Artie was right when he called out Howard's shrink years ago.

Also, BudBuddha, I was around a lot of manic depressive (it's technically bi-polar now, but same deal) inmates, and they were always going off of their meds because they can trade them as drugs. Apparently if you crush bi-polar medication and snort it, you get some kind of crazy high. Anyway, you would always know they did it because they would be bouncing off the walls and harassing other inmates, starting fights, and just generally having an insane amount of energy, and then they would crash and start threatening suicide. Needless to say, it was a bitch to deal with, but you would know it if your co-worker was really bi-polar.

17. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wigg's shrink convinced him that his trophy wife actually loves him for him, he needs to go to hear it.

18. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I don't recall when that happened--I know Artie dodged calling the doctor Wiggy recommended for ages, but I did study psychology at a base level as an undergrad, and I've always understood psychoanalysis to be something of a long-term con--in the way that Howard's spent so much time with this therapist and divulged so much that now he probably can't live without it. God only knows what he'd do if the therapist died.

I know of at least one person who's surely bi-polar but undiagnosed as yet (or unwilling to do anything about it), and another who's been diagnosed with paranoid schitzophrenia and is taking meds to combat it. The change in the latter is markedly different from when I first knew them. Howard needs to be on drugs but is surely unwilling to subject himself to something he'll be physically addicted to.

19. Smartguy

Smartguy Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Feltspot ?

20. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know, you guys.... I'm thinking his :quote: shrink :quote: is schtick.... He may have gone to one in the past, during his divorce from Allison maybe, but I think he may be using it as a way to convince all the haters out there that "he really HAS changed", or that he's trying to be a better person.

There's no way in hell he's in therapy this long - and is still as f*cked up as he is. The OCD, germaphobia, babywiping/finger up the anal cavity after pooping, insecurity, depression after making MILLIONS, rampant narcissism, anger issues, control issues, resentment towards ANYONE who he feels did him wrong in the past..... he's a walking basket case. I think HE THINKS he's a shrink, based on his ridiculous analysis of every pitiful guest he gets in front of him... on a COUCH, no less!!!

"So....tell me about your childhood.... were you spanked as a child???" :facepalm: