Politics Who has the enthusiasm edge?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by oldpaddy, Sep 18, 2016.

1. oldpaddy

oldpaddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For a while now I've been trying to figure out if trumps rallies are as large as they appear and if Clinton's are as small as they look. It looks like trump is blowing her out in the enthusiasm department, but as always, looks can be very deceiving. So can anyone prove trump is blowing her out of the water in rally sizes?

Also, who's winning the internet analytic race?

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  2. doughhead63

doughhead63 OD'd on life itself Staff Member

Reputations:
    Oh, Trump for sure.

But, it ain't November yet.

monkeyboy69 and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    No one has enthusiasm for hillary. She has nothing but race, gender, raise taxes, redistribute money, open borders, sharia and muzlims are wonderful, blah, blah, blah.

Trump has the Supreme Court and preserving the 2nd amendment. That's really enough for now.

4. oldpaddy

Reputations:
    I think you're right, but looks can be deceiving.
    Whoever has the enthusiasm wins. Obama is a great example of that. You could tell he was going to win by the excitement surrounding him.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I do think that the same people that did the refugee welcome dance in England are the ones at hillary's boring speeches. She can't even appear live on Fallon or Kimmel. She is sending a tape to air tomorrow night.

6. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget the trade deals!!!!!

NAFTA is raping us and TPP would be even worse!!!

7. doughhead63

Reputations:
    They both suck, and neither one cares for us.

If you think Congress will work with either one of these stiffs, I think you are wrong.

Nobody is gonna take our guns, but the thought of either one of these two meglamanics appointing a Supreme Court judge is disconcerning.

8. doughhead63

Reputations:
    This is an excellent point. And something to be considered.
    If I was a betting man, I would have picked us having a woman president before a black one.

Hence why I don't bet on anything :jj:

oldpaddy likes this.
  9. Estocada

Estocada Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump has submitted a list of names of people he would appoint. I think there were about twelve names. All of them were solid conservatives and more inclined to stick to a more traditional view of the Constitution.

I also like Trump on taxes. Lowering tax rates in small businesses would be an excellent way to grow the economy

And most of all I like Trump on immigration. We need a controlled and vetted process for admitting new potential citizen, wherever they are from.

10. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Hillary doesn't even have enthusiasm, how the F would her fans

I invented that and Cookie_Puss like this.
  11. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sander's had a very large enthusiasm edge over Clinton. He still lost.

oldpaddy likes this.
  12. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Huffington Post made sure to tell the world that Trump exaggerates his crowd size.

Donald Trump Exaggerates Crowd Size At Phoenix Rally
    It wasn't as high as he claimed.
    07/15/2015 03:30 pm ET

Jacob Kerr
    Politics Intern, The Huffington Post
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images

PHOENIX, AZ - JULY 11: Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump addresses supporters during a political rally at the Phoenix Convention Center on July 11, 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona. Trump spoke about illegal immigration and other topics in front of an estimated crowd of 4,200. (Photo by Charlie Leight/Getty Images)
    Despite Donald Trump's assertion that the crowd at his Saturday campaign event in Phoenix was the largest of any presidential candidate so far in the race, all other estimates put the number of attendees significantly below what the Trump campaign said.

The campaign moved the rally from the Arizona Biltmore hotel to the Phoenix Convention Center to allow more people to attend. When Trump arrived at the podium, he claimed the crowd was larger than those at Sen. Bernie Sanders' (I-Vt.) presidential campaign events.

"This blows away anything Bernie Sanders has gotten," Trump said.

By comparison, Sanders' largest crowd was 10,000 in Madison, Wisconsin.

In a tweet, which has since been deleted, Trump said he was "peaking to 20,000+ patriots in Arizona." A post on his Facebook page claimed 15,000. After the event, a campaign press release also had the crowd at 15,000 and called the event "the largest campaign event of any presidential candidate this cycle."

But the Washington Post report on Trump's event put the audience at 4,200 individuals, less than a third the size of Trump's estimate. The Phoenix Fire Department said the crowd was capped at that number in accordance with the fire code for the ballroom.

Trump, who is now leading opinion polls in the Republican presidential primary race, has a theory on why no one agrees with his estimates.

Convention Center officials in Phoenix don't want to admit that they broke the fire code by allowing 12-15,000 people in 4,000 code room.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 12, 2015
    This isn't the first time Trump's crowds have come under question. After his announcement speech last month, a Hollywood Reporter article said Trump paid audience members $50 to cheer for him.

13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump has so many folks he has to turn some away from his rallys. Hillarys crew is out side wacking people in the head to get them to come in.

14. doughhead63

Reputations:
    I get that. And the SCOTUS nominations are what what concerns me. Actually, any judge with overbearingly conservative or liberal leanings concerns me.

As for cutting taxes, well, that's a great idea, but in practice, nearly impossible to make a reality. Trump wants to make huge growth in the military, which is fine. But, cutting taxes and accomplishing that feat, more than likely, are mutually exclusive.
    The government itself, in it's current state, is too big to make systemic changes to.

15. oldpaddy

Reputations:
    Barely lost and hillary had the dnc on her side. Those super delegates is what pushed her over the top. The gop doesn't have that and that's how trump got by without the help of the gop.