Who is responsible for the sound on the show ?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by onefourthree, Sep 26, 2012.

1. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's unacceptable. Why have live musicians if you don't even know how to put up a couple mics and mix it live ? Last week they had a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar (he was pretty good actually), and you could barely hear the singing. Clearly, his vocal mic was not coming through AT ALL, and the only reason we could hear his voice at all was because the guitar mic was picking it up slightly. Obviously, the guitar sounded wayyy too loud.

There have been several other examples with Nick and Artie's personal mics also. Cutting off and out. But how do you screw up micing these simple live music set-ups ? A monkey can put a mic in front of whatever needs sound, and mix it with headphones on. And they have plenty of time during the breaks to soundcheck. I just can't believe somebody's getting paid to do this and being this bad at it. If I lived in New York I'd be calling in and insisting on taking over the job.

2. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Overall I think it would be Shane, since he's in charge of production. But I'm not sure who actually runs the board. DirectTV's people are amateurs, at best.

Fuckin A'.. Nick & Artie should hire me. I could replace everyone behind those monitors, as well as fix & maintain the PC's. Back in my 20's I use to do live sound for a local band as well. The perks were free drinks and multiple sluts. :)