Who listens to these music guests?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Salmo, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:
    Seriously - who?

Beyond that, who the hell thinks it is a good idea?

Out of touch!

2. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A couple of them have been bearable, but for the most part it brings the show to a halt and puts a damper on the funny. All about the $$$$ though for Directv.

3. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't get the new format of the show.
    Is it Sports?
    Is it comedy?
    Is it music?
    They seem to be all over the road lately.

4. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good point. Maybe I'm being presumptuous expecting there to be "funny" on the show?

5. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    khen kholes vision

6. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Only ones I liked were Nils, and the one last night. The rest blow gobs.

7. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    fast fowarded through Nils awaiting for a time when he wasn't on, but he was on for 3 motherfuckin hours. The only time I've heard the music guests is if I'm in the kitchen or something and can't run over and fast forward it. I sure as fuck don't want to hear these fuckin lounge acts get interviewed

8. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Reputations:
    I haven't listened to a single musical act. I skip forward. I dont even want to hear them interviewed, unless theres a hot chick in the band.

9. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Im a lover of live music when im stoned and when im not....but some of the acts have been subway station acts...and occasionally when im high i stand through those sets as well......thing is,we want more funny and some midget acts and no fucking music commercials for unknown acts that suck cock and get 3 segments?....give em 1 and have them wave goodbye if anything.

10. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It feels a little like a bait and switch. Back at the old studio it was mainly a comedy show with sports sprinkled in for good measure. Now..? Jyanks made the point above. Are we supposed to expect comedians now? Sports? Music? Fucking WWE? Like I said elsewhere here, still the best show, but way different from the beginning.

11. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I never thought I'd miss the days of beat writers from the Cleveland Plain Dealer calling in, but I do.

I ff through all songs. Sometimes I can hang with an interview with the musical act, but I'd rather not.

And EVERY fucking night? Even Letterman doesn't have a musical guest on EVERY night, does he?

12. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    No, of course he doesn't, and he sure as hell doesn't interview every fucking one. He'll interview a guy like Tom Waits that has been on his show for 30 years and can tell a fuckin story, but, these fuckin open mic'ers? JC. I love how they introduce them as, making their television debut - oh great, if you can't get someone of note don't get anyone at all. That folk singer guy told artie at one of the breaks that they called him that day to be on the show. What a fuster cluck.

13. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Who the fuck are they hoping to pull with this?

And do they realize, like Pat Cooper, that it's a two-way street, and for every 1 person that's flipping around the channels and says "ooo, a metrosexual folk act!", there are probably 10 who flip away from it?!?

That's one thing Stern had that N&A probably never will; Howard would get Tom into the studio and make him go on record about the Greaseman, say. But N&A won't call Ken Kohl on the air to ask WTF is going on with these musical guests.

And since when is "open mic night" a recipe for success for anything, let alone a comedy/sports show?

God, do I hate suits and their life-ruining ways!

Artie does make the best of it, though. He does have interviewing skills, and if there's something there of value to be unearthed, he'll find it. But they don't have the time for this nonsense! The show flies by as it is.

And they barely take phone calls anymore. More calls, less music, I say!

14. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie got pissed one day and called Ken Kohl or emailed him or something - of course Rick didn't back him up that corporate chooch - and Ken Kohl refused to come on. Until Rick starts learning to act like a man and realize that they should be dictating what happens, this is what we'll get. Let them fire you, they could make more money doing a podcast

15. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    word

He is such a bitch................constantly complaining about the pussification of society, then when he gets a chance to man up, he cowers while his wife builds stables for her horses, which is such symbolism for not pleasing her sexually it's not funny!

Fuck him.

It's a shame..................I thought this would be the one show I could like without an * attached to it.

16. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    He married someone named Andy for a reason. Bareback that horse and take it out for a trot, Ms. Dipaolo while little ricky jumps up and down