Who Will Be Cooking Your Thanksgiving Dinner, And Do You Look Forward To It?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Nov 27, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Does the cook do any special family recipe or style?

All while growing up, our house was the gathering place for the extended family. My mom was always the cook with my late aunt helping out when she arrived. Now that I have my own family and I live away from my family, I do all the cooking while my wife preps and makes the pie. I use my moms stuffing recipe that she perfected over the years by chance, so my dinner is virtually a carbon copy of what I grew up with.

2. Nikki

Nikki growing a tail

Reputations:
    I just put a 24lb turkey in the oven. We gather at my Brother's house. We will have 2 turkeys and good side dishes.

Besides the turkey, I'm making 2 pumpkin pies with black walnuts.

My Sister in law makes great stuffing. She won't give up the recipe, but I know there is apple cider vinegar and walnuts, cranberries and apples. I think she puts some sort of alcohol in there too. It will be a good day today! :lunch:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

3. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At the Kardashian house they eat just the dark meat, they tro the white meat away. Just ask Bruce.

4. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With my mom being sick and all and it taking its toll on my family's psyche, we're just gonna order in Chinese food.
    Unless there is a pizza place open. I'm craving a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese.
    :lunch:

5. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    My wife uses beer on our turkey. It comes out with an awesome flavor.

I usually go with vagina for dessert.

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  6. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Smart - low pressure is the best gift you can give yourselves. Sorry to hear your mom is ill.

7. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, she's been in hospitals and now a nursing home for so-called rehab. It's been a really stressful couple of months.
    Thanks.
    As long as I have my wine, I don't care what I'm eating. :)

FosterKitten likes this.
  8. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I have a friend coming over to help with my hair and another one coming over to pick out my outfit for today.
    My wife will be putting on a titty dress and we are headed to our local French restaurant.
    The chef is going to open up early for us because he has some special dishes prepared for us.
    Naturally, we will begin our meal with a portion of almonds.
    Then we will move on to a beautiful soup and follow that up with everyone's favorite traditional Thanksgiving dish. Scrambled eggs and truffles.
    By then we will be much too full for desert so we will enjoy a cup of hot water with a delicious mint leaf.
    Then we will give the chef a handshake, promise him some plugs and head back home.
    My wife will strip down to her bra and panties and takes some pictures with the cats and I will go to my private bathroom with my ipad and finish the evening.
    Another perfect day.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  9. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Ugh - I understand. My dad's nurse used to sneak ME Ativan sometimes!

Well here's to cheer in a bottle at least

Shortwave98 likes this.
  10. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think we've run the full circle now.....growing up in Chicago both sides of the family would get together at my nanna's house.....about 60 Greeks and Italians.... all the men smoking and drinking ouzo and all the women fighting in the kitchen..all us kids running around. The dining room table was covered with food and there was literally no place to sit. I'm not a religious guy anymore but I still get choked up at the memory of those immigrants who had come from poverty, war, and terrible conditions to this great land America. Standing and holding and hands and literally weeping with thanks at the opportunities this country had given them to find work in car factories, restaurants, and grocery stores.

Then I grew up and married a WASP who can't cook worth a crap. The big Greco-Italian feast has slowed down over the years. Most of the matriarchs and patriarchs are long dead. Just not the same. Lot of work for my small family to do.

So today we're doing an 8 mile Turkey Trot race to start the day.....then we're tailgating with some friends at Jerryworld. They do a huge thanksgiving spread every year and we will then just sit in our chairs under a big tent and watch the game in HD on the dish. It's quite a scene. Generators, catered food, even custom made his and hers porta Pottys) Then leave at half and catch the end at home. (Jerry gets $340 per ticket....face value just in case you wanted to know.)

And soon enough I'm sure my kids will end up getting married and having kids and then of course I'll be grandpa making the turkey. Circle of life, my friends.

11. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    theyre open today. cant wait to talk at reggie then dig in

12. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mrs. Swanson

[​IMG]

i love how they marketing fine tableware to ppl who eat tv dinners :rolleyes:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  13. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    99 cents is a darn good price for a 40 year old tv dinner in 2014.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  14. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those were my favorite, and they made a mexican 1 also that was killer.

15. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:

16. Mike2077

Mike2077 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My girl cooked up a great turkey yesterday. Ate a huge meal last night and got all the work over with. That just leaves football, beer and my spot on the couch for today.

17. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I found out that my car needs a new battery when I went to start it early this AM so, I will be having Thanksgiving alone this year...:crying: But, I'm making a "beautiful" beef stew, so that should make up for some of the loneliness. Well, that and getting drunk while watching "Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire" later on this evening.

18. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    My girl friend wants to cook for me and I will eat every bite with a smile on my face whether it kills me or not.