Who will be the next host of the tonight show?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard could never fill lenos shoes and Fallon is failin. Who takes it? Who's schtick reigns supreme?

2. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    How is Fallon faillin?

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Fallon will stay. Got to remember, when Leno got the job, everyone said the guy was horrible and NBC was looking for a replacement because ratings sucked. You have to let someone grow and get their own audience. No one is going to get in there and get big ratings at first. Look what Leno ended up doing for NBC. Transition is never smooth in an enviornment like that. I'm sure Jack Parr fans were not too thrilled with the younger Johnny Carson either.

4. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tell that to Conan.

5. LaserT

Reputations:
    Conan was a rush job by someone at NBC. Leno wasn't even done and there was no reason to hand over the show. They just pushed Leno out. Whoever called that move was insane. People said Leno got Conan fired. No, NBC made a horrific move and had to back track. Leno is done now and someone has to take over. It will be rough but you can't just have Leno there in his grave. Got to move on. Even Carson had to make the transition from Jack Parr. It's just never going to be smooth, no matter who it is. Leno was hated when he got the job.

6. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Might be benefiting from Olympics lead in but Jimmy F is crushing it beating the combined ratings of Letterman and Kimmel:

"Despite its later start time, the Feb. 20 “Tonight Show” outperformed the combined results in total viewers of CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” (2.689 million) and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (2.412 million) by 51% (7.688 million vs. a combined 5.101 million). In adults 18-49, “Tonight’s” 2.6 rating nearly doubled the combined results of “Late Show” (0.7) and “Kimmel” (0.7)."

source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...lion-viewer-a-2-6-adults-18-49-rating/238954/

7. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson fawn over gorgeous women & crack dirty jokes than watch Jimmy Fallon do a bit with his guitar in costume any day of the week.

8. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    like the op said.....Lol

Fallon may not be your cup of tea....I find him funny and talented
    He will be host for many yeara

9. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    No problem with that

10. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fallon's pretty good, plus he can get A-listers on the show because of his easy-going nature

11. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Conan was promised the job 5 years before he got it. Not exactly a rush job.
    Fallon will likely do well. Judging by Leno's history, Americans hate to laugh late at night.

12. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:
    I don't hate Fallon, but it does get a little annoying how he gets overly excited about anything a guest says.

13. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The audience that would like Jimmy Fallon doesn't watch the Tonight show. Many don't watch TV at all. What little I've seen of him isn't something I'd stay up to watch. The news that he's immediately started political favoritism (or at least the appearance) pretty much guarantees his demise, as he just whacked 30% of his potential audience. Moving to NY probably doesn't help, either.

It takes an exceptional talent to stand around and have people tune in to watch. He's not that kind of guy.

14. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ferguson is definitely a better interviewer and quicker on his feet with a witty line... Jimmy F is celebrity friendly and a very talented performer with some great skits/bits (doing Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen/performing with, shit with Justin Timberlake {History of Hip-Hop/Barry Gibb Talk Show}, etc.)

Time will tell whether he has the monologue/bits/Roots to overcome the pretty dull interviews

15. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah I meant that 5 year promise/talk was a rush job. Leno was no where to being done at that time and was a ratings king. I like Conan, but that was a mess on NBC's part.

16. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    fallon fawns all over the guests for no reason. he is a total liteweight. its embarrassing to watch. he's bent over laughing, slapping his desk & knee, are you fucking kidding me? he reminds me of that snl skit when chris farley interviewed paul mccartney. his act is going to get old real fast.

17. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    conans people went to nbc & demanded the job, not wanting to lose him they offered him the job 5yrs out hoping leno would tank by then. when leno was still on top 5yrs later, the suits scrambled for their jobs & gave leno the earlier time slot hoping to keep everyone happy & we all know they fucked it all to hell.

18. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This.

I don't watch too much late night, but when I have, Craig has been far and away the best imo.

19. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    What brainiacs keep paying Stern a king$ ransom to hemorrhage ratings built up by the likes of an unfamiliar, effete Brit and a notorious over-the-hill drunken floorboard cheeseburger scarfer... and then forces out their one superstar who owns late night??

NBC programming sounds like a good next job for the multi and diversely talented Polish Princess. :up:

20. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's what makes him perfect for the Tonight Show. Vanilla and non-offensive.