Politics Why are the VP candidates always no name chumps?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bootyclause, Jul 23, 2016.

1. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sometimes they become more famous later on (Bush 1, Gore) but generally the public always wants a "dream team" and the parties pick someone no one cares about. Really bummed out about the VPs.

There's probably some old school political strategy about not having a big star VP but it's probably stupid. I hate it. I want to be entertained.

Donald should have picked The Rock Dwayne Johnson. Hillary should have picked Oprah.

2. Rod-Stroker

Rod-Stroker Streptococcus Gingivitis Halllllllllllllitosis

Reputations:
    Chumps is what they are
    Ready and willing and deep in the recess of there minds hoping the time comes for them to step in as the leader of the free world.

3. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    The VP pick is usually to try and flip a state the candidate wouldn't win otherwise or appeal to the voters the candidate might not appeal to.

Pence is to try to appeal to the religious whack jobs that Trump needs to even have a sliver of a chance to win. And the only one to agree to take the job that wasn't named Christy or Gingrich.

Kaine is to try and lock down Virginia for Granny Goodness

Humongous likes this.
  4. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ask Hiroshima residents how much of a chump Harry Truman was.

Avery and wife is a whore like this.
  5. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Biden was no chump, he was the exact guy O'Bammy needed. Career DC insider who everyone owed favors to. Cheney was no chump, he was a skullncracker for years in DC. Gore had a name for himself already, didnt he try to get the nom in 88 & 92? Quayle was a shmuck. Bush 1 was the most insider VP in my lifetime, guy ran the CIA. Mondale was a chump.

6. bootyclause

Reputations:
    I see the swing state argument but then why Sarah Palin? Why Joe Biden? Seems like there's other factors on top of that.

Honestly, real talk here - they both should have chosen a black, Latino, woman, gay etc. Shameless pandering but you should try to win. That Democrat guy speaking Spanish is cringe-worthy.

7. Willowglen

Reputations:

Cheney was the person the RNC put in charge of finding Bush a VP. He thought about it for thirty seconds and then picked himself.

8. Willowglen

Reputations:

Biden had a lot of foreign policy experience that they GOP was hammering a one term senator for not having.

Palin was picked to try and get the women angry that Hillary lost to Obama to jump ship.

Humongous, Avery and wife is a whore like this.
  9. bootyclause

Reputations:

Biden or Cheney were still chumps in the sense that they weren't gaining any votes for their side. Actual political skill or knowledge isn't that important. Winning is the only thing that matters.

If Sarah Palin was 15 years younger and 25 IQ points smarter she would be a deadly asset to Trump. or Shwartzenegger if he was allowed to. Michael Jordan.

10. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    I heard he shit on every name mentioned and convinced the dummy to pick him.

11. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    He was a senator from Delaware. WTF does delaware ever need aside from the occasional pork and something for the DuPonts? Everyone in DC owed him favors and that helped pass obama care.

12. YinzerMasshole

Reputations:
    Joe Biden might have been the Senator from Delaware, but he never shut up about being an Irish Catholic kid from Scranton- and they had to have PA.

wife is a whore likes this.
  13. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    Sarah Palin? GTFOH. Nuthin but snow trash, bought and paid for by her hubby's oil cronies. She'd need 50 iq points and an exocismnfor the crazy.

14. bootyclause

Reputations:
    Yeah Palin makes sense for that. That's a good reason to do it. Having political clout is not that good of a reason though, America doesn't care or even know about that. That is the genius of Trump; no one really cares if you have any experience doing the job, America doesn't see any value in political experience.

Obama won because he was a rock star, Bush 2 won because the other guys were nerds. We just want a cool guy in office. That's why I would pick the coolest non-idiot as a VP choice. You want a rock star ballot that is too sexy not to vote for.

15. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    My ex's parents hated Obama, huge Hillary supporters. They were complaining about his lack of experience and when i said Biden was his obvious VP choice it stoppednem in their tracks. Political machine dems from the Lehigh Valley in PA.

16. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its always someone that can either take on 1 particular weakness of a candidate (lack of experience in a particular area) or someone that reaches a dedicated group the candidate is afraid to lose.

Trump needed Pence because he brings the Cruz Coalition without Cruz that they knew wasn't going to support Trump. He gives them that dedicated base basically 100%. As for Kaine I'm really not sure why Hillary went that way. The Hillary machine is incredibly smart, so I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but the pick has pissed off Bernie supporters and doesn't seem to reach a group she didn't already have in the bag.

Im really not sure why she didn't go more left with her pick.

17. YinzerMasshole

Reputations:
    Yep. That's exactly why Obama picked him.

wife is a whore likes this.
  18. bootyclause

Reputations:
    I agree the reality of Sarah Palin is retarded but on paper she could have been a home run. A hot MILF who is slightly charismatic and smart would be the Holy Grail of VP candidates. She fell short badly but the idea of it is still interesting.

19. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Sarah Palin was interesting. :smile:

20. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    Biden puts his foot in his mouth from time to time, but he's a great guy for schmoozing, glad handing and getting shit done. If McCain got him and didnt try to get Leiberman as a cross the aisle guy, and wound up wģ the dunb broad, i think he would have beat O' Bammy.