Why Aren't There Any Professional Broadcasters on H100/H101?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BeerCanThick, Oct 26, 2014.

1. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I mean, you can say whatever you want about people like Scott Ferrall and Bubba the Love Sponge (I was never a fan) but at least I recognized them as seasoned and accomplished radio hosts.

Howard Stern said two full channels were going to be lavishly provided with pro content. That is why I never was too pissed off about Stern's outrageous salary. I figured he'd stocking the channels with top FM content. People like the above mentioned Ferrall and Bubba, and then maybe people like Preston and Steve, Toucher and Rich, Free Beer and Hot Wings, etc. I figured that multiple shows would be full time, paid for out of Howard's salary.

Along with that, I figured they'd get some of the bigger podcasts to broadcast on the channels.
    You know, people like Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Marc Maron, Kevin Smith and the like.

We know that is not the case: the channels are graveyards. They have no true broadcasters and zero podcasts at all.

It really was just a "marble heist."
    All of that money wound up in Robin's purse and Howard's purse, too.

This might be the thing that pissed me off the most. Even if Stern's show was bad, H101 could have been
    a tremendous channel with top FM and top podcast talent.

Its just too bad that this had to happen to it...

[​IMG]

icypussy, reno, teehee and 2 others like this.
  2. Turkeyneck

Turkeyneck Howard's got one, not me VIP

Reputations:
    doesn't Riley Martin still host a show?

3. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I was just thinking the same thing today as I was driving around flipping thru various channels on SiriusXM looking for some decent talk, only to wind up settling on the AM all-news station just to hear something that didn't suck. Adam Carolla previously said on his podcast that they offered him a spot but for virtually no money, just all the free plugs he wanted. Tom Leykis hinted at the same. The music channels are a joke with so many better customized music alternatives available. Original and exclusive talk content is the only thing that will draw new subscribers and keep the old ones, but nobody over there is willing to pay radio professionals (with a few exceptions like that cunt Dr. Laura). For the most part the big bucks were wasted on Oprah, Jamie Foxx, Martha Stewart, and others who have zero reputation when it comes to radio. With the chump change they have left over, all they could afford was either non-exclusive rebroadcasts of stuff available elsewhere, or mediocre hosts who are maybe one level above college radio. And Howard101? That's the biggest joke of all with nothing but reruns, quasi-wack-packers and staff members instead of real radio talent broadcasting original content.

Samurai, BeerCanThick and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  4. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    Jay always says he is paid directly by Howard (production co.) for his Friday 101 show
    They give abdolutely NO plugs to Jays 101 show on the Wrap Up Show or THSS, even when Shuli is on TWUS.
    I think Jay is happy to do the Friday 101 show to get more audience exposure
    Howard doesnt want anyone to steal his thunder
    and Howard prolly isnt spending his marboles on talent for Sirus gain, they screwed him

BeerCanThick, Wigless and John Smith like this.
  5. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I wonder if it was his plan all along, or whether it was a slow realization that marbles he could be keeping were going to others.

Ultimately, I fault Sirius for not spelling out clearly, down to the most minute detail and nanosecond,exactly how much original programming was to be provided by that marble hoarding pig.

All that fucking wastefulness for 2 people...

Those mansions were supposed to be our entertainment. What a greedy, lowlife, scumbag piece of shit Howard Stern is.

6. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    and things of this nature.

7. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    I blame Sirius and XM. Howard was supposed to be a partner and Howard deserved to be compensated for the additional XM subscribers even though his contract said otherwise. :rolleyes:

You actually make an interesting point... Beth's new closet = shitty radio

8. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Yeah but is it one closet or two?

9. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    I hated that shitty strawman point. They could have the greatest bit ever with Ed Torian asking Howard about all of his bullshit.

BeerCanThick and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I hate him and everything about him.

Especially how he keeps falling up. :pissed:

11. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's original deal was that he had to pay for all operation of the H100 and H101 channels, that included talent. Howard reportedly got less money on the second round so I would assume he got rid of all professional talent because they would take too much $$ out of his wallet. Howard is an ultra cheap bastard.

12. Bye You!

Reputations:
    But this horrible radio and marble hoarding started way before the 5 th year. was the pay cut a response to his ridiculously crappy programming, or vice versa?

BeerCanThick, teehee and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  13. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Robin, we have so much content that there's gong to be a third channel.

Robin, are you there?

14. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's only so many whackpackers that will work for free.

15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    1. Howard is a cheap fuck and no respectable broadcaster will accept what he pays

2. Nobody will sign the draconian and outdated release that Howard requires

3. Howard sterns only talent is toilet humor. He has absolutely no idea how to manage people.

4. Nobody of any notoriety wants to be associated with the Howard stern brand

5 Howard doesn't want to get upstaged by some show on his secondary channels that might prove him to be out of touch, lazy, pathetic, etc

You can choose one or more of the above. I refuse to offer "Howard is getting back at Sirius" because I believe that's only an excuse to distract people from the real reason.

16. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    He is such a cheap bastard. It's all about him and his marbles. He would never have anyone on that could possibly be better then him, and at this point, Cousin Brucie would be funnier. It gets me so mad that Sirius will most likely re up this unfunny fuck.

17. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I expressed this very point to SXM when I called to cancel.
    I reminded them that Stern had 2 channels with an option for a third yet not a single pro broadcaster anywhere to be found.
    They couldn't care less.

[​IMG]

BeerCanThick likes this.
  18. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because professionals don't usually work for free.

The reason why H101 was such a failure is that Howard bought into his own bullshit. He thought he was a king of all media, with all of these great ideas. He wanted to go from being just a disc jockey to become a mogul. The problem is, he has no talent and isn't funny. All of his stupid ideas were just that. Stupid ideas. Yes, maybe saying you are going to make a show called "crack whore view" sounds good on paper. The reality is, it's a terrible idea, and you could never make an entire show about it.

Mike2077 and BeerCanThick like this.
  19. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    What all of his apologists seem to keep forgetting is that he's said everything that everyone is saying about how awesome this was going to be, and now it's like the emperor has new clothes. What a joke.

BeerCanThick, 1Vegasgirl and reno like this.
  20. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He has a once a month show and he's paid only 400 marbles. Even Howard can afford that.

BeerCanThick and 1Vegasgirl like this.