Why do people still believe that Howard pays anyone?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by username, Jan 31, 2013.

1. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why do people still believe that Howard pays anyone?

The staff have said many times that they are Sirius employees covered by Sirius health plan. One Twelve have not hired anyone. The only person that is hired by One Twelve is Beth.

Gary, Artie have said many times that they are independent contractors that signs directly with Sirius. (During a Howard/Benjy fight, Howard said that Benjy also have a direct contract with Sirius.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fb...cumentId=tirVQewp3WvuM0EiILEVcA==&system=prod

Page six in Howard-s contract: Sirius provide a show budget.

Now: Some people seems to believe that it means that Sirius pays Howard a fee and then Howard hire's people. Can you please post any evidence for that?

Howard is not a risk taker. He have no employee's. He get other to pay for him.

Fab4: Independent contractors payed directly by Sirius. Same work schedule as Howard. Great pay.

Show staff: Payed by a show budget provided by Sirius. Sirius employees. Howard have 100% control of that money (stated in the contract). Howard can't pocket any of that money since its Sirius/Sirius book-keeping.

HowardTV staff: Payed by Indemand. Indemand license HowardTV from Howard.

Toni the wig lady: Payed by Indemand/AGT

Ralph the gay dresser: Payed by Indemand/AGT

Ronnie the angry bodyguard: Payed by SiriusXM (Howard have 24/7 free limo service in his contract)

The tape-censoring team: Payed with Show budget provided by SiriusXM.

Will this one time for all kill of the stupid ideas that "Howard pocketed Artie's money"
    or
    Howard should fire Benjy (even if Benjy don't work for Howard)
    or
    Jason should replace Gary so Howard could save money?

Its so retarded to believe that SiriusXM payed Howard a flat fee to produce the show when its stated in the contract that Sirius have to pay for everything including building a studio. Why would the staff like High Pitch Mike lie and say that they are Sirius employees if they are "Howard" employees?
    What Howard company do they work for?

2. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    nemo, please report to the thread. nemo

3. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    People think Howard pays people because he's been so fucking vague and flip-floppy on the issue. He conveniently cites who pays these people according to his needs at that time. If he's pissed at someone, he'll say something that goes to how he pays them. If people are complaining about dough, he says he doesn't pay them.

It's a whole thing.

4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :bigcry:

5. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Hee.

Like Dr. Bombay!

[​IMG]

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Homework assignment. Show all work!
    What is Don saving for his memoirs?

User wants you to believe Sterns entire empire is defined in a few sentences from the part of the contract we have seen due to the lawsuit. Obvious there is a part of the contract we haven't seen that maps out how to disguise Stern as the ruler of all things on his channels!

MONEY was not the most important thing, says Don when he is looking for a new radio gig for Stern....Remember WNBC fucked with Stern by fucking with his staff.....:coffee:

[video=youtube;44ZgG9GkYNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZgG9GkYNU[/video]
    answer....control from behind the coward curtain!

7. sloth22

sloth22 Active Member

Reputations:
    According to his contract the entire $100 million budget is released to his company. That money is used to provide all costs of his channels including staff, equipment, maintenance, etc.
    He has total discretion over how to spend it, as long as he's providing the 2 channels of programming he's required by contract.

They technically get Sirius paycheques, but at what point is that relevant? When he gets into these arguments about 'Hey, I didn't hire you, I don't decide the salaries' it's bullshit.

8. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
  9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Paid

10. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
    This does make it crystal clear about his BS lawsuit though.
    HS-Generated Subscribers is clearly mentioned when talking about his compensation.
    Only a money hungry mad man would believe that XM subscribers should be counted towards this.

I'm just now listening to Wednesday's show and he is ranting about how the judge probably dismissed it because she doesn't make a lot of money and is jealous. :facepalm:
    What an ass.

11. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Gary was talking about something a couple of weeks ago. It had to do with health insurance, and the flu shot. He said Sirus had free flu shots for employees and because he wasn't an employee he couldn't get one, so he went to his doctor, others on the staff did get them for free because they were employees.

12. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gary is not paid by Sirius. He said that Don sends him a physical check and that he can't get direct deposit.

13. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    wig is a black hole for money- money only goes in, doesnt come out. its "cultural"

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    1. Scott DePace said just the other day that he felt odd going to Sirius HR because he doesn't work for Sirius. HowardTV staff do not work for Sirius.

2. It is debatable as to the arrangements he has with Sirius about staff salaries. But whether Howard pays them or not, Howard easily COULD PAY THEM an additional stiped, whatever amount was necessary, up to $1M out of his pocket w/o it affecting his net income from Sirius even 1%. Even people who make $25,000 a year don't know what their take-home pay is within 1%.

3. Whatever the payment and benefit arrangements, if they only work for Sirius, how come Howard repeatedly mentions having to fire them?

4. It is ludicrous to believe that Howard has no say over who is in studio performing with him, or who the producer of his show is, despite their being "independent contractors". If you control that it doesn't matter which bank account the money comes out of. For example, if I negotiate having a staff of 20 concubines provided by my employer (or health insurance benefits), the cost of that comes from what they would have been willing to otherwise pay me. Therefore, if I want better benefits/concubines I am free to buy them myself. Just as Howard is free to make other arrangements for staff pay. He is already de-facto paying them via reductions in his own negotiated pay.

4a. Anyone who gets a company car already knows this. It's part of your pay. You are willing to accept less cash in return for the use of a car for your duties at work. There are numerous tax advantages to this.

5. Any arrangements to the contrary are done merely for tax, liability, NY employment law, and infrastructure reasons (Howard doesn't want to administer all this).

6. He has repeatedly stated that he "went to bat" for Jackie numerous times and even gave up pay from his pocket for Jackie. He also certainly has creative control over the show, which means who works on it. This sort of thing makes him the de-facto employer if not the legal one. End of story.

7. Semantical games over who works for whom aside, it's retarded to believe that they don't all work for Howard and can't be paid what Howard wants them to be paid at Sirius. This did not always apply at terrestrial stations, as is obvious from the cloying, syncophantic approach of Tim Sabien to Howard, contrasted to the antagonistic one from Pig Virius and other real employees of radio stations. Tim may work for Sirius at paycheck time, but he knows he really works for Howard Stern.

15. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
    I had previously thought that it worked like this...
    Sirius gave a budget of x amount of dollars (approx 100 mil)for Howard or his company to do whatever with.
    Then Howard took his cut and what was left went to staff and the channels and whatnot

But it looks from the contract that was posted that it goes like this...
    Howard negotiates his pay.
    Sirius negotiates and pays the staff and the channels and whatnot out of a budget of x amount of dollars
    The total of which was around the approx 100 mil that was reported.

If that's the case then that means Howard can't make extra money by putting on shitty cheap programming or by firing people.

But obviously he does have some say in whether he would want someone working for him and how valuable he would consider certain people. I'm sure if he felt that someone was no longer doing their job properly or harming the show that he could have Booey, the show producer, communicate this with Sirius and they would be fired.

16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I have evolved on the Stern lawsuit.
    Howard's first contract is exactly everything he wanted at the time.
    Robin was going to fuck the 10 millionth Sirius subscriber. Stern thought he could ride the Sirius train to 10 million getting subscription bonuses along the way.

What Stern didn't account for was that Sirius subscriptions immediately flattened out when he got to Sirius.
    What drove Howard crazy was that a group of guys at the top were still getting millions of shares of stock while the company was floundering in debt....and his (Howards) bonus train was over and done!

I'm sure Howard was advised by his people at best he could get some type of quick settlement from this lawsuit. I'm sure they advised against the lawsuit because parts of his contract would be made public and fans would see what a greedy lazy liar he is.
    (Example...Sterns contract maps out that he gets a percentage of advertisement revenue. Howard lied the day he first discussed signing with Sirius by saying he wasn't sure if the Revolution was commercial free. Months after that he was still vague about commercials while selling his fans Sirius subscriptions at KROCK)

0.0 chance Sirius would give him all the money upfront and all the money on the back-end for a merger!
    Coward Stern could have took less money upfront with a chance at amazing back-end money or ownership

Howard: "Going to Sirius was not about the money".....:facepalm:

"Fred...any more commercials? Can I end the show?"
    :lol:

17. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :winner:

In the midst of all of his rants, I believe this is at the heart of it. Howard either wasn't offered or passed on being a "partner" so that's why he wasn't included in what the big boys got. He says the Judge was jealous of how rich he is when that's how he feels about Malone, Karmazin, etc.