Why do they always trash the Sirius XM app?

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by Scott, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    I've never had a problem with it. I've used it on a couple different phones and my Kindle and it works great. :dontknow:

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    How the fuck should I know

3. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    For a ton of people the app has constant issues. I have them here and there on my iPad app. But that said many people will just blame the app when it might be their wifi or data service.

Then others blame the Satellite Equipment all the time. You will always have some people who constantly have issues and others that have never had one. But they really like to use it as some sort of a bargaining chip against management. I'm just glad O&A finally met the CEO and he explained to them the core issues of the app and that he is aware of it and working on a solution. The basic issue is back in the day SXM hired the wrong company to run the app just like our gov't hired the wrong company to handle the healthcare site. Good thing though the contract with the app provider is up in the future.

The big issue to me is that shows, and talent have NO COMMUNICATION whatsoever on what is going on in the company. All on air staff should more or less know whats going on with the App and that it's being fixed long term. I don't get why they don't have 1 guy that can be the face of the company and relay lots of that info to guys like O&A, instead the only link would be the people who run the @SXM_Help handle who aren't at liberty to discuss too much or don't have much power.

Sorry for all the info/rant.

4. Marty

Marty New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Is their an override for the time out on the app

5. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    No, I think some third party apps might be able to do that though. People used to mention them a lot more back in the day. I think Music Dock is one.

6. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    Wow, I always thought SXM handled the app in house, had no idea they hired a third party for everything.

7. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    I listen to the app on my phone all the time at the gym, at work, and even sometimes in my car because it has more channels than the satellite. The only downside is if I get a call or text sometimes I have to restart it but I almost never lose signal. On my kindle, it's even better but you need wifi obviously so there are some restrictions.

The only reason I have the satellite at all is because I can free up my phone for calls and gps and save battery etc. And my other car came with it built it so I use it but I like the interface better on my portable one. I like having the option but if I had to cut down to one or the other, I'd take the app over the satellite. It's much more versatile.

8. chief0124

chief0124 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Check out the SiriusXM facebook page and you will see tons of people complaining that the app is down this morning. I listen on my iphone and it's been down since about 8:15 this morning.

9. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    It's down right now. Internet feed too.

:yay:

:nocheer:

10. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It stinks and I don't like it.

11. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    They mock it because it is shit

It is about 5x behind other streaming apps in terms of stability and features.

12. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    Welcome back, where you been?