Why do we believe Art never shot a needle?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Dicky, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Dicky

Dicky Member

Reputations:
    I mean really. He's a habitual liar. How many decade long heroin users never end up using a needle? How long does it take to put a key in a bag and snort in the bathroom, yet he never can get his fat ass back after the commercial break in the chair 10 yards away half the time during the show. When was the last time you saw Artie wear a short sleeve shirt? And his fiance just so happens to have free access to clean needles. I call bullshit. Shit, even philip seymor hoffman being a raging addict was able to actually go to this job. Yet Artie can't. That fat fuck is/was on the needle. I don't believe for a second that he just snorted and never shot up. I guess we'll have to wait for the next book/coroner report.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I sort of remember him saying that he was too scared to use needles. Not just because he has a natural aversion to any type of needle, but he saw how fucked up people who mainlined H, the much higher risk for overdosing and didn't want to risk it.

Don't ask me to explain the thought process of an addict, but we all have our little idiosyncrasies.

3. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    How does she have free access to clean needles? I thought she worked in a tanning salon.

4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Artie is not a cool rock n roll heroin user.
    He is a suburban prescription pill addicted soccer mom.
    The giant baby gorilla somehow always gets to come back to work with 0.0 proof of ever completing a rehab or going to any meetings.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. Dicky

Dicky Member

Reputations:
    Meh, thought she was a nurse.

6. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    :grad: I believe he said he did it once. Not intentionally. Some girl shot him up. I wish I could quote it. It may have been in the interview with Doctor Drew on his radio show. I have been listening to a lot of Artie's shows on you tube lately and I heard him say that. Who knows if it's true.

7. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I thought her father was a doctor and that that was what Dicky was referring to somehow.

8. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie use the program [A.A] meetings

9. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He wasn't a needle guy. Nose and pills only....

10. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In his book he says a stripper skin popped him (subcutaneous shot). Anyone can go into a pharmacy in ny/nj for clean needles but I doubt he could find a vein at his weight

11. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    He is diabetic, if on insulin,he is on a needle

12. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I had to guess I'd say still a snorter. Can't imagine him running to the bathroom on breaks and injecting. Plus he is always functionally high on the show--if he shot up he would be falling over in his chair.

And I thought the finance was a Rhodes scholar who was like a few credits shy of becoming an MD. Wasn't that the story at one time? :dontknow:

13. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    That's the way I remember it and I remember Artie saying the fiance's dad was a Dr and maybe her brother(s)?

14. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shooting up is a whole thing. You need a kit ( needle, dope, spoon, lighter and maybe tie-off ). It's not easy to hide and carry around, plus you get real high real fast..... Snorting is fast, but not like right into the arm.....

15. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Who knows; who cares; it hardly matters. Isn't this the same guy who wrote an entire book about how his suicide attempt wasn't a suicide attempt and then admitted in a throwaway line in an epilogue that it was a suicide attempt? (I'm actually asking; I haven't read it.)

16. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who cares indeed. Considering I've heard just about every episode of this show, and N&A I'd consider myself a pretty big fan but I was never once interested in buying or reading any of Atrie's "waahhh" stories. I find them tiresome and ponderous.

17. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    the pills are easily accessible and he has the money to pay for em

18. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I think he said it once on the Stern show too...he was with some girl and he was passed out and she was "skin popping" him...or something to that effect.

19. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well I would not be surprised if it was a lie, that's for sure. Artie loves to lie...........

But I could see how someone could be leery of needles. Why would you use them if you didn't have to? And....I mean the guy has told stories about shitting his pants in a car, stabbing himself.....do we really think he'd be uptight about people knowing he used a needle? He probably wishes he did, so he could brag about it, and be "cool", like Keith Richards, in that adolescent rock-n-roll bullshit romanticism of his ...

20. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cook all my dope up ahead of time and store in a sterile vial so I can shoot when I'm out and about. Idk anyone who ties off except in movies. U also don't really even need to cook the dope unless ur concerned about germs, heroin won't disolve in cold water but most junkies I know just take a .5cc of hot tap water shoot it into the bag and shake it up.