Why does Artie still praise howard?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by NoddinOff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I dont have sirius so I only get to watch HSS through youtube and I was listening to some shows today and listen to the "joke" howard makes about artie starting at 20:17, he's quite the bro. [video=youtube;pD3Tdw8JBm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3Tdw8JBm0[/video]

2. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, they haven't even invited him back. Artie's just taking the kiss ass approach to dealing with Howard.

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Gratitude + Regret + Shame + Lingering Vestigial Respect + Fear + Habit + Daddy + Hope + Pity

4. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Anyone think artie is so hard on bocchetti personally because of how howard was on him?

5. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    No, I think Bocchetti needs someone to get in his ass and try to straighten him up

6. Wigster

Wigster Member

Reputations:
    I'm all for ripping Howard, but you have to have a sense of humor sometimes. Artie would find that joke funny.

7. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie owes Howard for his career.

8. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    he owes him for the level of success he doesnt owe him for his "career", he was on madtv and norms show prior obviously so he obviously already had a foot in the door. He owes 80% or more of his success to howard but some it if is him, if all it took was to of previously worked for howard to be successful jackie would have or be on a hit show right now too, not the hackfest shit he has on 101 now.

9. ThreeOldYentas

ThreeOldYentas New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He owes any sort of relevancy to Howard. Wow, Artie was on the Norm show. By the way, you can catch Norm's latest work on Youtube.

10. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Oh come on, I think that's being a bit harsh. Artie was well poised to get himself another second banana sitcom gig as a fat neighbor had he not gone off the rails or gotten the Stern gig. I for one was a huge MadTV fan back then, a Norm fan, and was already aware/a fan of Artie before Stern. Now, if you're saying RADIO relevancy, I think you have a point.

11. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Do you not understand that even if a show isnt popular getting to meet with network people and making friends in the right places can help you get more jobs in the business? I also said mad tv which was a pretty popular show and was where I discovered artie as well as probably lots of other people.

12. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is there an expiration date on gratitude? Especially when the person you are grateful to doesn't even acknowledge your existence? Yeah Howard helped Artie with his career, but that part of his life is over and it's time to move on. Hopefully in private Artie really does feel wronged since Howard pretty much ignores him. If that's the case though, he should just shut the fuck up about him. Or, not go out of his way to kiss his ass every time he comes up.

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Artie overpraises both Howard and Rick. I think it's 90% a coping mechanism and 8% bullshit.

14. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    This...

15. motar

motar New Member

Reputations:
    Jason Caplan has also cracked a couple of Artie suicide jokes in the past few months. I will try and find a couple sources later tonight.

16. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    agree 100%. Howard is an absolute asshole through and through. He didn't do anything for Artie that he didn't think would benefit himself more.

please do. What a scumbag thing to joke about.

17. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie's stand-up career took off because of the Stern show, certainly. But it's not like he didn't have any career already. Artie is a talent. In fact, his talent is the only reason he's still working in show biz. With his behavior, if he didn't have talent, everyone in the biz would have told him to fuck off long ago, and he'd be back to loading trucks.

I think if Artie wanted to work in radio, he always would have been capable. Getting a spot on the Stern show was obviously his dream job, and it worked out well for both of them, even though it did not end well. But Artie's current show is clearly evidence he's got the talent and ability to be on the radio and do a show and be entertaining and make his living at it, and a damn fine living at that.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yeah, Jackie really is the proof of the pudding that having been on Stern is a guarantee of nothing. Jackie had a more promising career BEFORE he did the show.

Artie wouldn't be making great stand-up money if not for Stern, but I expect he'd still be a moderately successful comedic character actor (or dead). Hey, like Fred Stoller!

(whom I'm pretty sure I just saw on a Wizards of something show with Selena Gomez)

19. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Its a shame fred stohler doesnt have more success than he apparently does, I figured that he probably had a lot of money being on raymond but I guess they fucked him, I can't believe they would cast robert as a brother on that show and leave out fred pretty much, he looked and sounded just like ray and hes funnier than that fuckin hack brad garrett. Anyone here brad garretts comment on conan when he mentioned why he wouldnt be invited by obama to speak like conan, he said "he probably would of made an ass out of himself and slipped the president a 10$ and ask him to take his bags up to his room" is the jist of what he said I cant remember the exact quote but conan looked like "whoa"

20. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I knew of Artie before Stern and he would've done fine if he was never on that show, but it did help him.