Why Doesn't Howard Pay His Staff Appropriately??

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BostonNick, Feb 27, 2015.

1. BostonNick

BostonNick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As far as we know.

Artie Lange was making 3MIL

Fred 1Mill

Gary 3.5Mill

Benjy $800,00

Sal & Richard $3,000.00

The rest of the staff like Will, Jason, etc. I can only imagine... Robin is the only one who makes decent money I think shes at 10 mill. Then to add on to this he probably could have saved Artie had he paid him a lot more - it may have kept him off the road. (who knows though)

Also its aggravating that he always claims he has no idea what people make and that he has no control over it...Sure Howard you have no control over who's on your show and how much they get paid..right. As if Howard couldn't go to Sirius and say he will leave unless so and so gets more money...

Bottom line is I just don't like that what his show has become and its all his fault...but he doesn't seem to care either so I don't know why I do.

Bring on Gwyneth fu*king Paltrow...fun

2. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    I'll let you know what is "appropriate" when i get to only work 3 days a week for four hours, with the balance of my day circle jerking around the office figuring out who in the tradio world I should be calling, or what shows I need to tape clips from.....grossly overpaid, the entire lot of them....

MobyDick, BethSucks, smichal and 4 others like this.
  3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    $3M for Artie and $3.5M for Gary? Where did you get those numbers?

As far as appropriate pay is concerned, Howard is probably the only one of them deserving wealth from purely a worth standpoint as he is the talent on the show. Robin isn't worth her pay rate. What does Gary do that's such a big deal? Any alternate career path would have paid a fraction of his pay. He's lucky enough to have latched onto Howard's show. Fred's job isn't worth whatever he's paid.

Now if we're speaking ethically, it's hard to justify anyone working for Howard having money problems. How he can sit there making more money per show than JD will make in many years is beyond me. I find it immoral. Howard could gift them all $2M and it wouldn't even be noticed on his balance sheet. Doesn't matter whether they're worth it or not. I couldn't sit in his position and take all that money like a king while sharing very little.

4. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Benjy makes 800k?

Ingens and smichal like this.
  5. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Didnt Artie make more than Gary?

smichal likes this.
  6. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How doesn't pay his staff appropriately because he is a scumbag and asshole.

7. BostonNick

Reputations:
    Yep, just to clarify my post.. I did mean ethically - how can Howard sit there and collect 80 mill per and have guys he uses for material every show making so little like J.D.

TheLACritic likes this.
  8. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    I always heard figures of around a million for Gary. 850k for Artie. 500k or so for Fred. Benjy, who gives a shit and Robin around 5 million. I do find it odd that Wiggy had one of the most successful radio shows of all time and a lot of his full-time staff got paid such garbage. I don't know how wages in radio normally are, but I find it odd that the next highest paid person, Robin, is making 5% of what the wig makes.

TheLACritic likes this.
  9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Because air is free

Terps 83, Evil Clown and BostonNick like this.
  10. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think that's what Artie made; Definitely not Benjy.

smichal likes this.
  11. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the back office staff is probably making the industry average and that is appropriate.

It wasn't appropriate when they were used as on-air "talent" on HowardTV, the HSS or the other channel shows.

SillyOldMan likes this.
  12. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has become delusional, he truly believes that he is the funny one on the staff. I think we have seen what happens when he gets rid of the true comedy writers on the show. It was always his supporting cast that made the show funny, not him. Now you have Benjy who is there because he was an intern who will work for cheap, his girlfriend Elisa (honestly, does anyone know what this dingbat does) and Sal and Richard, who could make the show funny but are limited to only doing phoney phone calls to tradio because god for bid if one or two people get offended while the rest of the audience laughs. He is a cheap asshole who has read too many of his own new sclippings and has had his ass kissed far too often.

June DeMay, TheLACritic, reno and 6 others like this.
  13. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Elisa plays the keytar.

FishySausage, DinnerSocks and smichal like this.
  14. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What do you expect from a bagel twister who openly admits that he pisses on his fans, who are more or less keeping him in chimneys and bling for his bimbo wife? He doesn't give a shit about his audience and doesn't give a shit about anyone that works for or around him. He's probably totally unaware of what a :oy2: he is, despite his past claims of resigning so that everyone will keep on working. The Wig is truly a vile human being, and then you have Hein licking Stern's nutsack and JD toiling away to provide content for the show all the while getting paid peanuts. Unreal.

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  15. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    when I hear those outrageous figures, I say: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM!

Scarlett Ohara and FishySausage like this.
  16. BostonNick

Reputations:
    I agree with Goldphoenix. Howard is now so afraid of getting sued and losing his billions that he wants nothing edgy spoken on the air. That's why Sal has been neutered. Also yes what the fu** does Elisa do?? she makes awful prank phone calls I think that's her whenever they use a female in the calls. What good shi* could Benjy possibly be writing over there whenever he speaks its horrible. Howard should Brent in the Artie chair wtf

reno likes this.
  17. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    JD now has his own apartment within walking distance of the studio, he got a raise last year. Howard pays his people well these days. It was the K-rock days when people were making pathetic money.

18. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    Probably true. Howard's salary was ludicrous and out of whack with the industry I bet. Sirius was nuts to sign him for that much.

smichal likes this.
  19. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it's safe to say that whatever the current crew is being paid, it's entirely too much.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    remdeprived, FishySausage and smichal like this.
  20. Shadoe Stevens

Shadoe Stevens Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Change thread title to "Amazing how many people are employed because of Howard Stern".

smichal likes this.