Why Howard joined twitter...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  2. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought it was common knowledge celebrities got reimbursed for promoting shit on twitter?

3. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    To promote the "Malignant Cunt" . . . :secret:

4. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard thought he'd have 20 million followers in a week and every tweet to him would read like a Bobo call...he got his first taste of reality since Jackie left. I'm sure he tries to monetize his twitter account, but it's hard when you have 1.4 million followers and 1 million are fakes.

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Since Jackie left the words coming out of his mouth aren't fun or funny . . . :coffee:

6. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Isn't it strange that almost exactly 1 million of his followers are fake? He's not even trying to hide how fake it is.

7. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard on twitter has been a disaster. Twitter exposed Howard even more as an unfunny and uninteresting guy. For fuck's sake, jdharm has a 10x more interesting and funny feed.

Howard hates twitter because......

1) he can't control it. Unlike the hacks and "yes men" he has surrounded himself with on his show (and real life, Beth), Howard can't control the interactions that come via twitter.

2) marbles. Twitter is a separate entity that Howard doesn't own. Howard wants a piece of the action if he's going to promote another brand.

Howard is a broken and delusional man, so I'm sure he has convinced himself otherwise...... i.e. discussions about people buying twitter followers..... Or pretending things he does on there is groundbreaking like his live tweeting during a private parts rerun......

8. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A simple solution. Don't use or be part of twitter. It is easy.

9. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    It was pretty easy to figure out Howard was getting fake followers on twitter to try and promote his show and his show minions once they had that stupid interview with the twitter guy...no way in hell at this point that over a million people would follow howard

10. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    has anyone seen the Kimmel bit where big name celebrities make fun of the mean tweets they receive? Kimmel and Howard are buddies (for some strange reason) so he was probably approached to be in the segment but refused. If Howard could laugh at himself and Beth just a little bit (aside from the occasional remark about his small dick) then his former fans wouldn't be so hard on him. Just an ounce of true honesty would go along way. If he were to ever say “man, isn't it kind of fucked up how I used to make fun of Imus' wife but now me and Beth are always shilling for NSAL?" then I could cut him some slack. I think I'm drunk and have got off topic. I thought I had a point but I forgot it.

11. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    your topic was on point but it is impossible...you are asking a man who lies about his history to admit that in the past made fun of his future self...America's Judge will never do that

Plus if Howrad did that it would disrupt the space-time continuem

12. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. If Howard would make fun of his "photography" and Beth trying to sneak on every red carpet it would help. But he acts like everything he & Beth does is groundbreaking and his staff plays along with the delusion

13. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I had to guess, I'd say he bought 999,999 -- to avoid the price jump at 1,000,000.

14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    If you think back, just before the end of the first Sirius contract he was shitting all over Twitter and telling Gary to get off of it and not give out free content. Then the first days of the second contract he's announcing that he's joined twitter and the show will have an account etc. There was obviously a social media clause in his second contract that I'm sure involved marbles to cause his about face.

15. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    :yes: