Why Howard wanted a bonus...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DogStar69, Apr 18, 2012.

1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I want something for once where I'm not just a fucking worker" :rolleye:

Yeah just a fucking worker that makes a few millions dollars a month. :facepalm:

2. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard has no concept of scale, to him a 60K and 6000000K worker are the same

3. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    risk your own money, then you become a partner.

4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    To not be just a "fucking worker" a person has to risk their own money. That's how John Malone made it, he risked millions to save the company. On a much smaller scale, I own my own small business and I get a cut of what the other workers make but if it were to fail, as it almost did three years ago, it's me that loses everything.

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    If he doesn't want to be "just a fucking worker", he needs to have the balls to risk his own money on a venture he owns. Imagine how tight Howard would be with a buck if he were the one handing out the paychecks.

6. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he wanted to be a partner and share in the success (or failure) of Sirius/XM he should have bought more shares instead of getting them as compensation. He wants all of the rewards without any risk!

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard has failed at every single thing that he was not playing the role of just a worker. Some men were born to lead, others to follow.

Howard, you're the on air talent. You suck at everything else.

8. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well..it's obvious Howard is STILL very upset that he lost a ton of dough to
    D I V O R C E !!! So he's STILL bitter and hoping to recoup that loss of MILLIONS !!!
    And we the "loyal subscriber's " are all paying for it :rolleye:
    I know MY subscription went up $3! x 20million..u do the math!

btw...I posted NUMEROUS times on that other site that Howard will one day go back to Terrestrial Radio....when he's had enuff of Satellite Radio and so unhappy that
    he lost alot of listener's who didn't join this "revolution".
    I predicted the last year he is on air he will go back to Terrestrial!
    So today this is exactly what he said he "felt like doing to Sirius".....when he said he SHOULD GO BACK TO TERRESTRIAL!!
    "listen to me for FREE!" yeh right....that will never happen!

thank you
    Peace & Love

ps...I hope all of u are happy that I decided not to post or start a new thread :coffee:...
    ....I'm SURE Jon Hein & Co. are happy that I haven't posted any WRAP UP SHOW threads !! ;)
    It's all the about the WRAP UP SHOW...The WUS the WUS ...Monday=AGT...Tuesday= WRAP UP SHOW (from Monday)playing CLIPS FROM THE WRAP UP SHOW! WEds...HowardTV day :rolleye: and MORE WUS !

VERY predictable show now RUSHED thru 3 days ! Howard watching that clock making sure he gets those commercials and live plugs in!
    It's funny that I'm attacked for MY Opinions....when most of what I write is topic for discussion on the show AND here or on the SFN :rolleye: and my Emails too!
    From our posts and threads.....to Benjy & Sal's "pen".....out of Howard's mouth :rolleye:.
    Howard & Staff = "we NEVER go on the SFN" (or this site)....yeh, right :rolleye:

Sorry OP for posting this on your thread !
    I'm done..
    thank you

9. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    The thing that Howard doesn't understand is that he is just a worker now because they know he can't bring anymore business to SiriusXM. Trust me if 1 million listners a year were coming on board just to hear Howard, he would still be bringing in a bonus. Also if he would have put 100 million of his own money into the company for Permanent ownership, they probably would have worked out a monthly dividend for him in addition to any salary or bonus he was already paid, and when the merger occured he could have cashed in BIG TIME. The one thing about that Howie is there is a risk of loosing money, something you just can't bring yourself to do.

Howard you are a millionaire beyond anything I'll ever have, but the best employee will only ever be a millionaire. Owners and risk takers are the ones who become the billionaires. Guess what, you can't own anything without PAYING FOR IT. Howard is the ultimate employee, he will never be an owner, because He has never taken a real risk in his life when it comes to money.

10. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's self-entitlement knows no bounds. Believe me, he'll fight dirty to get that bonus.

11. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    He was (WAS) the only person who could have made a freaking fortune in podcasting. YES, that includes 6 years ago. He never made the small risk it would have required to produce his own show. Instead just 3 stupid artificial "channels" on a weird hybrid satellite system. But he got the immediate payout he's still whining about.

12. ryanv1978

ryanv1978 New Member

Reputations:
    if that is what he wanted he should have grown a set of balls and started podcasting.
    he would own his own show and make all the decisions.

Of course, when only 250 people paid for it he would also have to deal with that.

Howard wants all of the reward and none of the risk, what else is new.

13. King Chris

King Chris Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't he already get a 280 million dollar bonus the first year and an 80 million dollar bonus the second year?

14. Bungzilla

Bungzilla Active Member

Reputations:

you mean a week

15. GQtaste

GQtaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Could you imagine the read through's and other commercials you'd have to contend with if he did the podcasting thing?

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuck that greedy peace of shit ... his sadness makes me happy

17. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard WAS made a partner:

"The company will issue Stern and his agent 34,375,000 shares of Sirius common stock on Jan. 9 as part of a previous agreement to issue the stock when the satellite radio provider exceeded certain subscriber targets, Sirius spokesman Patrick Reilly said. Sirius (Research) shares closed at $6.36 Wednesday on Nasdaq, making the lump payout worth roughly $218,625,000."

and

"Shock jock Howard Stern's payday from satellite radio continues, with Sirius paying him an $82.9-million US stock bonus on Tuesday.
    Sirius said Stern earned the bonus of 22 million shares by attracting listeners to the satellite radio service."

So, he got over $300mil in "partnership" in the company. Is it their fault if he sold it all?

18. sludge

sludge New Member

Reputations:
    Calling himself a worker implies he actually works, not just calls it in twice a week to promote his other job

19. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If only you were really done.

20. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.punditreview.com/2006/01/howard-stern-cannot-be-sirius/

"It’s not just the appearence of impropriety in selling his shares so soon after saying they were 50% undervalued. What does it say about his belief in the company’s long-term future?"

Why would he want to be a partner in a company that he is selling his stake in?