Why I Now Detest Baba Booey

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Sep 25, 2013.

1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unlike many others here, I didn't especially dislike Gary over the years. But ever since Howard gave him more power over show decisions, I have found that he has become intolerable. Here are my reasons why.

1) Butting in. Booey never misses a chance to add his two cents to any conversation. He's constantly interrupting.
    2) Talks too much. Booey never gets to a point quickly and is very long-winded. You can hang yourself until he gets to his point.
    3) Unbridled ego. Ever since his "promotion", Booey seems to think that everyone not only needs to know what he thinks (see Butting in) but he also believes that everyone needs to know how he came to that conclusion. He's always saying things like "I was just thinking about that...I was wondering about that...." before telling us his point.
    4) Arrogance. I don't have any concrete examples of this but something about his tone suggests that Booey really does think very highly about himself now; he no longer feels subservient to Howard, which was part of the fun of the show.
    5) Kisses Howard's Ass, Despite the above, always defends Howard, no matter what. I guess he is just protecting his meal ticket, but its still annoying.

I'm sure there are things that bother you guys about Booey. Feel free to post them.

Booey needs to be taken down a few pegs. He is an extremely lucky man - he was a huge fuck-up early in his Producer career and any host with balls would have canned him years ago. Instead, Howard kept him on year after year because Howard doesn't have the stomach to fire people. Now Booey is fat and rich and coasting along on momentum, booking the same batch of guests over and over and over.

2. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    I think they have to book the same guests, no one else will come in. Sirius booked Metallica, JGL and Michael J Fox, not Booey.

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I think everyone is guilty of #5 but they are just doing to to keep him happy and keep getting their paychecks coming. These same guys and gal trashed old Imus and his young gold digger wife and stupid book but say how Beth is so in love with Howard and her book is great. I mean C'mon hahaha. I'd love to hear what they say at home.

4. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    They say what we say. Again, get Sal drunk and find out the truth.

5. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who are these little people, talking shit about me on the internet- what do they do for a living?
    [​IMG]
    Could I just say one more thing- real quick?
    [​IMG]

6. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He booked Brooke Hogan instead of George Carlin. I know it was a few years ago, but I'll never forgive him for that one. Nobody should.

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Sal is great thought. Only guy on the show to say Beth is a gold digger and has used and controlled Howard. Sal knows he'll get away with it because they think he's stupid and says stupid stuff.

8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...he was real shitty to benshe today on twus.

9. Wigward Hairhat

Wigward Hairhat Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard had already learned the size of George Carlin's cock. He now needed to find out big Brooke's was.

10. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yep, the berating of Booey was one of the best. Now, Wiggy doesn't do it anymore. Well, as of last time I heard the show. Now, we have this version of Gary Dell-a-bait;

[​IMG]

11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The arrogance is the thing that makes u want to punch him in the fckn face....the ass kissing is a talent that he's second to none.

12. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think gary has taken so much abuse and ridicule over the years that he has drawn a line in the sand. Search YouTube for "Howard stern gary" and all you get are results like "Howard berates gary" "Gary fucks up" "goofing on Gary" etc. etc etc.

Gary always chimed in to pile on Sal. And he definitely won't take any crap from benjy.

Gary has become easy to dislike...... Even hate. He would make a perfect public relations guy for a politician because I feel he even believes half the excuses and nonsense he uses to defend the show and Howard.

The wrap-up show should be taken over by the back office radio staff...... Jason, will and JD are the guys I still find enjoyable to listen to. And even teddy and Steve brandano's were fine to keep on the outside mostly to serve as guys to goof on.

It's hard to sound like the asshole when dealing with benjy, but I think gary did it. Benjy was on point that Gary has anger issues toward him.

13. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i never heard that one. god.

14. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gary has limited intellect, but thinks he is a genious now that Howard threw a few sheckels his way and he became a Greenwich resident.

He pretended to be a tech expert ("the iPad will be a bit of a stumble for Apple") which didn't go anywhere and also didn't know the difference between vicious and viscous when arguing with Yucko.

Wasn't there also a time when he and some elitist friends were mocking people who shop at Target?

15. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I wonder if his kids think he's a dumbass too . I would have to guess yes

16. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The almost daily beatings Booey took during the Jackie years, and weekly after have fizzled into nothing bc, end of the day, Howard does not care anymore.

The arrogance in his voice is the primary reason I quit WUS...want to just punch my radio.

17. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    True dat. He climbed his fat ass up on the highest horse he could find. And that serial ass-licker Jon Hein never confronting him about anything really sealed the deal.

18. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Take solace in the fact that he's unemployable once boff retires. He's in a perfect place now where his fuck ups can be used as air filler, but a legitimate show wouldn't hire a half-wit to "work" 3 days a week at a 6 figure salary. Gary sees the finish line which is why he tried (and failed) branching into TV and threw his mother under the bus to sell some books.

19. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube_share;XgRmo09MmYo]http://youtu.be/XgRmo09MmYo[/video]

20. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    That's your opinion.