Why in 2015 do job applicants not hide their social media footprint?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dgray610, Oct 7, 2015.

1. dgray610

dgray610 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's 2015 people get your shit together. You'd think by now job applicants who come to interview would be smart enough to make their social media footprint private.

We've had some great candidates we had to turn down because they're all over facebook being sloppy drunk, making racist posts, in bra and thong with their booty and whole asshole hanging out all over instagram, etc. I don't bother telling them that's why they didn't get hired, but hopefully they eventually get a clue.

How am I supposed to efficiently get things done when nothing but fools are applying for work?

2. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    Racist posts? No big deal.

jake206, stash and JessOnCrack like this.
  3. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let me be the first to say...

[​IMG]

:D

4. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    why do u care what they do off work

deadbeat, MobyDick, cg256 and 2 others like this.
  5. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I don't want someone that gets shit faced everynight to depend on showing up everyday on time. Sorry.

6. !!!kaboom!!!

!!!kaboom!!! Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    But if the person has zero social media presence you'd have to figure they are a loon, as well.

Wangold and Gusbuss like this.
  7. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I have zero social media and zero pics of me on the net. What position are you hiring for? (just curious).

8. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's part of the reason I barely go on Facebook, and when I do I have an alias. (Besides the fact I just don't like Facebook.) I don't want people looking at my facebook when I am trying to get a job. Even if it's just stuff like how I'm a musician (which a lot of people associate as either being lazy, or not being dedicated to a day job), or it's my friends that are making goofy jokes and wasting time on there. I don't want to be associated with any of it. That stuff can not help you when looking for a job. It can only hurt you.

A linkedin might be good though, as long as you just make it like a resume where you just highlight all your successes and make yourself look like a superstar candidate.

9. onefourthree

Reputations:
    If I was hiring I wouldn't think that. If that is what they think well I guess that's my tough luck.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Tinman like this.
  10. dgray610

Reputations:
    It's for a leasing position at an upscale apartment community. I don't want a resident googling/facebooking/etc the new hire's name from the monthly newsletter and see their whole asshole hanging out, or them making racist jokes and posts. That could be a fair housing and general interaction nightmare.

11. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Why not just lock down security settings on Facebook?

12. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I see. Yeah, that could be a huge problem. I understand young/young-ish folks wanting to have fun and do what everyone else is doing but posting pics on the net that are less than flattering is really dumb. And that shit may stay on the net forever. People don't think of the consequences of their actions.

13. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I hope my prospective employer will disregard the article on theDirty.com that calls me a coke addicted man whore that never pays his tab at titty bars.

14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sure
    but some drinkers can show up on time and do a good job, and some non-drinker can be late and be the worst employers ever

Gusbuss and Mulletude like this.
  15. Lagersolut

Lagersolut Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

I don't really - but if you're not smart enough to keep your private life private ( drinking drugging nudity illegal activities ) and off the net I highly doubt you're smart enough to perform the duties for the job title .

Here's a clue - the world really doesn't give a fuck if you can do that beer bong in 10 seconds .......they really don't .

16. dgray610

Reputations:
    Even that can possibly be overlooked. But when you're making Sambo jokes and things online, how do we know you'll treat minorities who come in for tours and stuff respectfully, and not have HUD up our ass? Or if you're on Instagram like Buffy the Body with your ass hanging out, we don't need creepers coming to the office to hit on you and stuff.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  17. onefourthree

Reputations:
    No no no. Why would you want a person like that working for you? No way. It's better to have somebody dull and boring than somebody you're not sure of.

gotnolife and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    It's great to be the boss

19. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    This.

I'm a complete lunatic off the job, but a total pro while on the clock. It's none of your fucking business what I do after hours. I'm the boss, and I'd rather have a go getter partier, than some straight laced slow body. Go out, get money, repeat. Some of the worst employees I have ever had were bible thumpers. They bitched about EVERYTHING, and called out constantly. :mad:

I do agree, that if looking for a job nowadays, lock down the social media. Corporate culture was cunty when I left it in the 90's, it's gotta be a douche flow now.

Poor bastards.

20. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    It's the quiet ones that fuck you the hardest. Social media aside, you take a chance on ANYONE you hire.

Two words. You're fired.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.