Entertainment Why is Zendaya in my life? And why do you honkies keep trying to hold her down?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ApeFace, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Suddenly this girl is everywhere. I love these stories. Just like Oprah at the purse store a few years ago. No evidence needed. "Zendaya" feels she was refused service over skin tone. Even though she's whiter than Mariah Carey. Clerk doesn't get to defend herself or anything, she's now worse than Hitler. No chance a teenage girl and her friend were just acting like entitled, annoying shitheads. I could easily see a white woman refusing $400 because this girl has what looks like a suntan. I wonder how real black women can read this drivel and not want to throw up. It's always the half and halfs that seem to be the most militant.

Zendaya: Employee tossed wallet, refused service over ‘skin tone’
    BY MEERA JAGANNATHAN
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 9:49 A

It was an ugly reality straight out of “Pretty Woman.”

Zendaya Coleman claimed she’d been stiffed by a store clerk because of her “skin tone” in a lighthearted series of Snapchat videos Tuesday, echoing the seminal 1990 rom-com's most memorable scene.

“So we just got out of this Vons. Now, I’m trying to buy a lot of gift cards ... there are certain limits and some things, which is understandable; OK, cool,” the Disney Channel alum, who is biracial, told the camera. “But the lady that was helping us, I don’t think she was a huge fan of our skin tone.”
    “In fact, I recall her not trying to help us at all, saying that we couldn’t buy the gift cards, and then throwing my wallet ... I just can’t make this s--t up,” she added. “And she was like, ‘You can’t afford this’ was how she looked at me ... Long story short, there’s so much progress to be done in our world.”

Zendaya’s parents getting divorced after eight years of marriage

Coleman, accompanied by a male friend, later clarified it had been more of a “toss” than a “throw,” and said she’d ultimately procured the gift cards — totaling $400 — thanks to a manager.

Despite allegedly having been the target of discrimination, she appeared in good spirits over the ordeal, declaring, “You know what? It’s all love.”

“Maybe she’ll go on to have a wonderful life,” the actress remarked.
    The supermarket chain has yet to comment publicly on the alleged incident. A press rep did not immediately return an email from the Daily News.

Tuesday was but the latest time Coleman, 20, found herself at the center of a race-related controversy.

Just last month, her rumored casting as traditionally white redhead Mary Jane Watson in “Spider-Man: Homecoming” drew internet-troll backlash.

Earlier this summer, she told Cosmopolitan she’d ditched a publicist after being advisedto “just be happy” with her hair and makeup on a photo shoot because “they haven’t had a black girl on the cover since forever.”

She also famously schooled Giuliana Rancic last year after the “Fashion Police” host suggested Coleman’s dreadlocks smelled “like patchouli oil ... and maybe weed.”

2. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    :jj: another black chic that i didn't know was black until she pulled the race card.

she's too pretty to hate so i'll just dislike her a bit.

3. a mysterious man

a mysterious man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cancel her MJ roll in Spiderman

4. ApeFace

Reputations:
    Somewhere there's a black woman, the color of Wesley Snipes, reading about this girls plight and trying not to puke.

5. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    yep. i really wonder what the very black people think of these light skinned beauties complaining about being black in america. what guy in his right mind wouldn't want to please this little beauty? i'd leap over a table to wait on her.

ApeFace likes this.
  6. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    We're Honkies it's what we do.:grad:

7. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Literally, who?

8. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    Now she's in my life.

Thanks.

ApeFace likes this.
  9. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Who?

10. Bobby Axelrod

Bobby Axelrod Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are seriously trying to say that a light skinned black person cannot be as much a victim of racism as a darker skinned black person?

ApeFace likes this.
  11. ApeFace

Reputations:
    Sort of. This girl is clearly mixed. She's fairly attractive. I find it hard to believe she knows true oppression comparable to what a midnight black woman has experienced. Plus, all this bullshit is in her mind. The clerk didn't say anything about her skin tone, she just inferred that.

12. Mojopin

Reputations:
    She's lovely

[​IMG]

13. Windom

Windom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw her in person a few years ago at an autograph signing that I took my kids to. I thought she was Latino or something like that.

14. Mojopin

Reputations:
    She's Selena Gomez-ish

Windom likes this.