why isn't he in jail

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by rory, Jun 14, 2014.

1. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Child Dodges Jail Because He 'Will Not Fare Well'

[​IMG]

A Delaware man convicted of raping his three-year-old daughter only faced probation after a state Superior Court judge ruled he "will not fare well" in prison.
    In her decision, Judge Jan Jurden suggested Robert H. Richards IV would benefit more from treatment. Richards, who was charged with fourth-degree rape in 2009, is an unemployed heir living off his trust fund. The light sentence has only became public as the result of a subsequent lawsuit filed by his ex-wife, which charges that he penetrated his daughter with his fingers while masturbating, and subsequently assaulted his son as well.
    Richards is the great grandson of du Pont family patriarch Irenee du Pont, a chemical baron.
    According to the lawsuit filed by Richards' ex-wife, he admitted to assaulting his infant son in addition to his daughter between 2005 and 2007. Richards was initially indicted on two counts of second-degree child rape, felonies that translate to a 10-year mandatory jail sentence per count. He was released on $60,000 bail while awaiting his charges.
    Richards hired one of the state's top law firms and was offered a plea deal of one count of fourth-degree rape charges -- which carries no mandatory minimum prison sentencing. He accepted, and admitted to the assault.
    In her sentence, Jurden said he would benefit from participating in a sex offenders rehabilitation program rather than serving prison time.
    Delaware Public Defender Brendan J. O'Neill told The News Journal that it was "extremely rare" for an individual to fare well in prison. "Prison is to punish, to segregate the offender from society, and the notion that prison serves people well hasn't proven to be true in most circumstances," he said, adding that the light sentence for the member of the one percent raised questions about “how a person with great wealth may be treated by the system.” (Though perhaps it provides more answers than questions.)
    According to the The News Journal, several attorneys claimed treatment over jail time was a deal more typically granted to drug addicts, not sex offenders.
    Kendall Marlowe, executive director of the National Association for Counsel for Children, told The News Journal that sex offenders are jailed for the safety of the children they threaten.
    "Child protection laws are there to safeguard children, and adults who knowingly harm children should be punished," she said. "Our prisons should be more rehabilitative environments, but the prison system's inadequacies are not a justification for letting a child molester off the hook."
    News of the lenient sentence for the confessed rapist comes as a new book, Thomas Piketty's Capitalism In The 21st Century, has put new focus on the distorting role of inheritance in the free market economy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/30/robert-richards-rape_n_5060386.html

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    The Du Ponts are fucked up. Didn't one of them cut his friend to pieces and put in a trashbag a few years back?

3. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Bro, he has money.....it's totally cool okay for him to break the law. He's better than us.

4. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he's a vile piece of shit who should be castrated...the mother of the child should solicit someone to kill this bastard. i'd be glad to contribute...line him up with robert f kennedy jr and we have a party. the kennedy's and du pont's bloodlines should be eliminated.

these two families are untouchable catholics who have managed to get away with all kinds of atrocities. scumbags personified.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  6. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    damn :jj:

7. Acid

Acid Shat Dead

Reputations:
    So this isnt a Lever thread?

8. Senator Rick

Reputations:

This is intriguing.
    What's the story on RFK II? :dontknow:

9. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Someone's gotta pay off the crooked politicians! You poor people aint gettin' it done!

10. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Some one who smokes a little pot goes to prison and has their life wrecked. This rich fuck gets a slap on the wrist for rape of a child.
    American justice at its finest.

11. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Tidy.

12. aquadog

aquadog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As far as I know he had an alcoholic, manic depressed wife who he left for another woman. A little while later she hung herself. A dick maybe but not exactly worth destroying the bloodline. Maybe because he's a democrat?

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  15. hoodwink

hoodwink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Dude looks like eric's house bitch..

[​IMG]

16. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    America has the best justice system money can buy.

17. Mfactor

Mfactor Active Member

Reputations:
    You know one line says one percenter, another says Lefty judge.....I say in this instance I don't give a fuck.....he shoukd be put to death or locked up and throw away the key......whoever does that gets my vote hows that

18. Senator Rick

Reputations:

At this stage of my life and because the kinds of sex crimes & the acts perpetrated upon the vicitims are more heinous than ever, I'm come to believe that sex crimes against the weak and the helpless should net a mandatory and immediate death sentence.
    And for most of my life I have been anti-capital punishment.
    Now I just want a twice convicted loser sex criminal sentenced and if found guilty carried out of a court room & killed in the briefest amount of time possible.

19. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Horrible :facepalm:

20. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    If you castrate pedos, I think the lack of ability to act on their urges will manifest in anger and violence. So, instead of molesting/raping little kids, they may molest and kill em. Only way to deal with a pedo is to put em down.