Why the show bums me out

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TallTyrion, Aug 11, 2014.

1. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    First of all, I want to start out by saying that there probably wasn't a bigger fan of the HSS than myself around 1991-2007.

I couldn't sleep last night after watching private parts and I finally figured out why the show is less than a shadow of it's former self and why it bums me out so much.

I think that it has to do with the fact that the movie was a lie from the pits of hell, about how he loved his wife and would do anything to entertain us, even at the expense of his family, or that he didn't care what people thought about him....again, total and utter bs, given the evidence that he was given a contract to act in his own movie (already a very narcissistic move), was already having an affair on the set of "Private Parts" while extolling the virtues of his relationship with the angelic Allison and the evidence we now have that most of the things he did were pre-calculated to get him where he is right now.

It pisses me off that he was working me, a guy that felt like he was pretty smartened up to the entertainment industry. Maybe I'm the moron...I always felt like he was saying things that I thought. He would say when a celebrity was being turd, he would get into feuds with celebrities that had already annoyed me, like Chevy Chase, Kathie Lee Gifford and Rosey O'Donnell. He would take contraversial political opinions, that didn't parrot the left wing simpletons in the entertainment industry. He would attack other DJ's or Talk Hosts and discuss things that people weren't supposed to say on the air.

When he first went at Don Imus, Mark and Brian and Steve Dahl, I loved it, he was discussing the crap they were perpetrating on their fans, about what a racist jerk the I-man was and how morning zoos were all the same and how these shows were total bs, that nothing was spontaneous, but all pre-planned horse manure. Little did I know that his show was the same big pile of shit. What bothers me most on re-attack was that he really took horrible shots at Don Imus, because of his trophy wife, him pushing his wife's career, her books, her on air persona...all of those valid shots at the time, because it could not be disputed.

What bothers me most is that it has now been proven and demonstrated that Howard is exactly the same and maybe worse than Imus, thus my Hmus nicknam....all of the phony phone calls done by his crew are fake, he has mercilessly plugged his wife's bullcrap projects, used his position to place her in jobs in the entertainment field, get her commercials and other projects she doesn't deserve and if you remember, he's said she's not interested in being famous, curious behavior for someone that doesn't want fame...

Hmus was never one to embrace the internet, but when it was apparent that the internet was not going anywhere, he had one of the worst sycophantic ass suckers ever, Mutt set up a messageboard that created a censored and bullying environment, where fans that gave their honest opinions would be banned or given "the ghey" or both.
    So now, we end up with 3 shows per week, 2 weeks a month and the rest of the time, we get tapes of replays of recent shows or replays of older shows, but more recently, that has fallen off. Unfortunately, instead of enjoying the old shows, it turns my stomach that the tapes have been altered to the point that it almost changes the meanings of alot of them...the wigged hypocrite has turned into what he criticized the most originally, a Hollywood phony. But the show has evolved.

Finally, while working on a pay channel, you'd figure that he would give his fans MORE content, instead he's given us less content than when he was still on commercial radio, he promised us new shows, features hosted by personalities on his show, instead of that, he's given 2 radio hacks: Bubba the Love Sponge and Scott Farrell, more of the same crap and given shows to people that will work for free or in exchange for plugs......I'm sorry for the rant, but this has me so bummed out.

smichal, Caffeinated, mape and 19 others like this.
  2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

bznick likes this.
  3. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, Howard's A Shithead. Bait and switch Carnival Barker.

PelicanWig, XaltedSmoke, Nice and 4 others like this.
  4. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Next time, have a few drinks and get some sleep. Howie's not worth this much thought anymore.

5. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    It is frustrating. I guess we remember the laughter. .. cue the sad music.

6. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    If you couldn't sleep, just put on one of his new shows (if the wig isn't on vacation of course) . You'll be out like a fucking light.

7. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I get that....I just had to get it off my chest.
    At least I have a recap by Beth666 to look forward to today.

8. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sad, isn't it? The wheels came off.

GIRLY and RumBalls like this.
  9. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "It's just bummin' me out... It's just bummin' me out."

[​IMG]

chuk likes this.
  11. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Words. Lots and lots of words.

12. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Karl Buchholz

Karl Buchholz New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, man, it's a drag, but what are ya gonna do.

14. Dominic GPS

Dominic GPS TIT: Texan-In-Training VIP

Reputations:
    Like someone said just listen to a recent show and you will be asleep before you know it

Ambien listens to THSS to fall asleep

15. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I stopped listening a few years ago,you will feel much better

blindbella, TallTyrion and Joe Bauers like this.
  16. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    The only thing worse than listening to the edited tapes of the old show, is listening to the new drivel.

17. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:

Cancel Sirius and join the club ,if you want to remind yourself how shitty it is ill send you a free link to listen.I occasionally do this to remind myself how much i hate him

18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It does bring up a point about listening to old shows. The ones I've heard before and enjoyed are now ruined some because now you realize that much of what was funny about them was probably faked or otherwise not what it seemed to be at the time.

chuk likes this.
  19. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    thanks. My sub runs out this month and I am letting it go.

I know I'm a sucker.

20. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:

Like i said if you wanna still listen pm me ill send the link