Wig related because his show is shit

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 9, 2014.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One billion people still defecate in public
    By ReutersMay 8, 2014 | 4:52pm
    Modal Trigger

GENEVA – One billion people worldwide still practice “open defecation†and they need to be told that this leads to the spread of fatal diseases, U.N. experts said on Thursday at the launch of a study on drinking water and sanitation.
    “‘Excreta’, ‘faeces’, ‘poo’, I could even say ‘sh-t’ maybe, this is the root cause of so many diseases,†said Bruce Gordon, acting coordinator for sanitation and health at the World Health Organization.
    Societies that practice open defecation – putting them at risk from cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, hepatitis A and typhoid – tend to have large income disparities and the world’s highest numbers of deaths of children under 5 years old.
    Attempts to improve sanitation among the poorest have long focused on building latrines, but the United Nations says that money literally went down the toilet. Attitudes, not infrastructure, need to change, it said.
    “In all honesty the results have been abysmal,†said Rolf Luyendijk, a statistician at the U.N.’s children’s fund UNICEF.
    “There are so many latrines that have been abandoned, or were not used, or got used as storage sheds. We may think it’s a good idea but if people are not convinced that it’s a good idea to use a latrine, they have an extra room.â€
    Many countries have made great progress in tackling open defecation, with Vietnam and Bangladesh – where more than one in three people relieved themselves in the open in 1990 – virtually stamping out the practice entirely by 2012.
    The global number has fallen from 1.3 billion in 1990. But one billion people – 90 percent of them living in rural areas – “continue to defecate in gutters, behind bushes or in open water bodies, with no dignity or privacyâ€, the U.N. study said.
    ‘WHAT IS SHOCKING IN INDIA IS THIS PICTURE OF SOMEONE PRACTICING OPEN DEFECATION AND IN THE OTHER HAND HAVING A MOBILE PHONE.’
    - WHO Public Health Director
    The practice is still increasing in 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria was the worst offender, with 39 million open defecators in 2012 compared to 23 million in 1990.
    India No.1
    Although the prevalence of open defecation is in decline, it is often common in fast-growing populations, so the total number of people doing it is not falling so fast, or is even rising.
    The country with the largest number of public defecators is India, which has 600 million. India’s relatively “hands off†approach has long been at odds with the more successful strategy of neighboring Bangladesh, which has put a big focus on fighting water-borne diseases since the 1970s, Luyendijk said.
    “The Indian government did provide tremendous amounts, billions of dollars, for sanitation for the poorest,†he said.
    “But this was disbursed from the central level to the provinces and then all the provinces had their own mechanisms of implementing. And as their own data showed, those billions of dollars did not reach the poorest,†added Luyendijk.
    India’s government has now woken up to the need to change attitudes, he said, with a “Take the poo to the loo†campaign that aims to make open defecation unacceptable, helped by a catchy Youtube video. here
    “What is shocking in India is this picture of someone practicing open defecation and in the other hand having a mobile phone,†said Maria Neira, director of Public Health at the WHO.
    Making the practice unacceptable has worked in more than 80 countries, the U.N. says. The goal is to eliminate the practice entirely by 2025. Poverty is no excuse, the study said, noting the role of cultural differences.
    In the Democratic Republic of Congo, 14 percent of the population are open defecators. But where the head of the household is an Animist, the figure is twice as high, at 30 percent. Among households headed by Jehovah’s Witnesses, it is only 9 percent.

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    What is an animist?

Sickening, yet good, article.

3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Definitely Stern related!

4. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's someone who believes in "animism". Which, if I remember correctly, is the belief that all objects have a soul.

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    One billion people worldwide still practice “open defecation” because they don't have "a bathroom".

6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    we're importing alot of these same people who have to be taught to use things like toilets, toilet paper, running water, etc.

what a polite term for them "open defecators"...why not just call them "shitheads"?????

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Hell, most people here in the South still have trouble with those things

8. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hey, don't make it that easy. They need a new federal program to oversee this problem and expand on it.

9. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    You're a moron! I suppose you'll drive straight through all those gubmint sponsored red lights and stop signs and ignore all the yellow and white lines that the gubmint painted on the street!

10. Effigy

Reputations:
    Really? So you are comparing worthless Government programs to red lights and stop signs? Yeah because we are in massive debt because of red lights and stop signs....:facepalm:

11. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    No, just busting on people who think that the Government has no place in their life other that building up the world's largest military.

12. Effigy

Reputations:
    There's a big difference between wanting a small Government and no Government at all.

13. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    Everybody wants big Government. They just want their own version of it.

14. Effigy

Reputations:
    I completely disagree. I'm a hardcore Libertarian. And I assure you I'm being honest, when I say I want a very small Government.

15. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    Are you for or against birth control?

16. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    ...and abortions?

17. Effigy

Reputations:
    I am all for people using birth control. But I don't want Government paying for people's birth control. I don't like Government subsides for anything, corporate or personal.

18. Effigy

Reputations:
    I honestly don't care, as long as the Government isn't paying for them.

19. Shortwave98

Reputations:
    Is it alright for the government to close down abortion clinics?

20. Shortwave98

Reputations: