Wiggy exploiting Joe Walsh

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ZeroZed, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Since getting a Pandora subscription I've been listening to a LOT of Joe Walsh music (James Gang, Eagles, & solo stuff). Although I liked his stuff since the 70s, it wasn't until recently that I gained a real appreciation for both his talent and his catalog.

This got me to thinking of his antics on THSS and on the old TV show. During that era Joe was a tremendous alcoholic/addict and generally just fucked up beyond belief. It's obvious that Howard and the gang not only knew about Joe's condition, but were happy to encourage the self-destructive behavior in order to cash in on it.

Although I'm certainly no saint, it just strikes me as pretty vile to exploit people in that condition.
    Obviously Stern has exploited countless people, but reflecting on Joe and that era just really makes me dislike Stern even more. I remember when Joe made an appearance on Sirius after being gone for years..and Howard didn't seem to understand why Joe would avoid situations that triggered his self-destructive behavior.

Joe was/is a real A+ talent, and I hope Howard lives long enough to get a taste of the bad karma he's earned.

2. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Joe sobered up when the Eagles reunited in the 90's. I'm pretty sure that the Eagles are the reason Joe is sober. I watched the History of the Eagles documentary, and they told him that they wanted him on the tour, but not unless he went to rehab. And he's been sober ever since. He is a really talented guy, and Howard absolutely exploited him when he was using. That was old Howard. Howard 2.0 would never do that. It's not family friendly.

3. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I loves me some Joe Walsh

4. Super Dave

Super Dave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard did the same with Sam Kinnison.

5. PurplePeople

PurplePeople New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Joe was always the likeable one amongst the Eagles. He was willing to play Howard's stooge because he is a guy who wants to please and I doubt he would have any malice for the many people who exploited him when he was down for so long, Howard included. After all, he has taken Don Henley's and Glenn Frey's shit for over 30 years now.

If you saw the Eagles documentary on Showtime, it is disappointing that Joe didn't didn't stick up for Don Felder, his true friend in the band when Glenn Frey (a narcissist and psychopath on Howard's level) and the manager Irving Azoff (the typical greedy manager/agent/scumbag who figured out as Howard and Buchwald have, to get most of the marbles from the talent without an ounce of real talent in his body) kicked Felder out of the band. In the long run, Joe chose money over friendship and after years of drug abuse, alcoholism, and most likely spending every penny he had, I guess I can't blame him. I wish Joe had been happy living a sober life without tons of money, but staying true to himself. Not many among us would have done much different than Joe, I guess. Still, I think Joe may wish he had not danced with the devils some day and had done the right thing.

It would be nice to see Joe and Don Felder play the dueling guitar solos on Hotel California again, but that seems unlikely.

As an aside; I heard Joe tell Steve Dahl a funny story years ago about he and Felder setting down the guitar track to Hotel California. Henley and Frey listened to what they had done and told Joe and Felder that it wasn;t quite right and that they should keep working on it while they went to dinner. Joe and Felder knew what they had done was perfect, so they just sat around and drank and played cards. Three hours later, Frey and Henley came back and asked for the reworked track. Joe and Felder gave them what they had done three hours earlier and Henley said, "Great, much better! I knew you could make it better."

6. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    Anybody remember Hank The Dwarf?? He's buried without a head stone but Howard has 40 chimneys in his mansion. Howard has always been a user.

7. IllegalSearch

IllegalSearch Well-Known Member

Reputations:

8. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Joe Walsh?
    Fuck, I can remember getting the James Gang Rides Again album in my sophomore year of high school...

[video=youtube;KqeErugWXZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqeErugWXZ4[/video]

9. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    God damn, is there working man who isn't exploited in this world?

Even Howard thinks Sirius and AGT are exploiting him...

10. PurplePeople

PurplePeople New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That's true, but the way entertainment/music managers have screwed over the artists over the years is sickening. The fact that leeches like Saul Zaentz, Allen Klein, Brian Epstein, the Chess Brothers, and Irving Azoff live like kings while really contributing nothing but taking advantage of twenty-something artists who don't know any better than to hire a real lawyer to look after their own best interests is symptomatic of the worst of American society. Howard Stern and Don Buchwald are like those scumbag managers. They use the talent, control the artists money (a huge conflict of interest), and bleed them dry.

11. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I can't complain but sometimes I still do"

12. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this!!!! agents are parasites, they live off of the talent without having any talent of their own. vile people with too much power.

13. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he's lucky that don and glen didn't go through with the threat to kick him out of the eagles FOREVER for doing, i think, desperado song parody or just the song. something like that. glad i could clear things up.

14. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    To me, Felder was a delusional cunt who didn't know his place. It was Frey and Henley's band. End of.

Frey seemed like a total asshole, but he and Henley got the thing up and running. Felder was an addition after the fact, and he wasn't 1/10th the singer or songwriter Frey or Henley were. Anybody with ears could tell you that.

They could have broken it to him in a more humane way.....................about him not singing "Victim of Love"............................but ultimately, Felder fucked himself off the gravy train.

15. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard Exploits , No one else

16. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow it's almost like those people don't contribute anything but reap all the benefits from other people's creativity/art/labor...if only there was a common link to recognize and to realize never do business with those kinds of people.

17. Super Dave

Reputations:
    I read all of the books about the band and thought for a moment that Felder wasn't the asshole, but my father is the leader of The Les Paul Trio that plays at The Iridium Jazz Club in NYC every Monday night, and he had Felder scheduled to sit in one night, the "Les" chair. I called him the next day expecting to hear good stories especially after hearing Felder on the Stern Show. My dad went off, I never heard him ever speak of anyone like he did about Felder. "That guy is dead to me, what a douche, spoiled little asshole threw a tantrum during rehearsal and left and never returned standing up his fans that bought tickets. He will never be asked back." Apparently he showed up with his little drum box and another guitarist, would only play his 3 songs, refused to rehearse, packed his shit and left. He really is a tool, all he did when he was with the Eagles was worry about what everyone else was getting and causing problems, the Jackie of the Eagles.

18. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:

i saw your dad's trio. Good stuff!

19. Super Dave

Reputations:
    Tell him I say hi!

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Yes