Stern Show wigs use of "like" in his speech

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Sloppyjoe, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    heard the wig making fun of "the bachelor" today (which is already gay)for his use of "like" when talking. wig went on and on how he sounded completely unintelligent because this guy says "like" a lot.

if anyone pays attention to the way wig butchers the english language, they would note that he uses "like" when trying to describe something to the point that its like a bell ringing in my head each time he says "like".

its almost astonishing how he will shit all over people for things that he himself will do or say.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    His dream in life was to be a pretty, popular, dumb girl. He's a third of the way there. (With the adjs; 90% on the girl part)

3. sparty89

sparty89 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He often says it three times or more in the same sentence. So annoying.

ARM likes this.
  4. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

this is true. he uses "like" almost as much as an episode of the kardashians. so i think your theory of him wanting to be the dumb chick is right on.

ARM and Jayla like this.
  5. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    last week i was just driving down the highway and had the show on. suddenly i caught myself listening for "like" from the wig. if i was playing a drinking game with shots of vodka, i would have been dead.

TheHighHat, ARM and sparty89 like this.
  6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    His Super Bowl will be the final episode of the bachelor.

TheHighHat and ARM like this.
  7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's like a 16 yearold girl like trapped in a 62 yearold mans body.

ARM likes this.
  8. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    it sounds creepy but its like he is reliving his moms life as a teenage girl, except that this time around she is trying to actually enjoy some things in life, but yet still failing miserably.

TheHighHat and ARM like this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "In a sense."

ARM likes this.
  10. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think this is half-accurate. He's definitely carrying a lot of his mother's issues around inside him, and it's completely mangled his masculinity to the point where I don't know if he's gay and suppressing it, or he's trying to be the woman she wasn't/couldn't be, or both.

But he also has massive hostility towards his mother. Marrying Beth was a major "fuck you!" to Rae. She never bought Beth's bs, never liked her, and knew exactly what she was and what she could/would do to the family. I'm sure she let Howard know about it, even if she didn't come right out and say things. But Howard went ahead and married her, anyway.

I'm wondering if all the gay stuff is also a kind of "fuck you!" to Rae. Probably not, as he seems really into it.

Let's just say there are multiple layers of gunk here, and none have been worked on/through. If anything, he's adding layers.

Also, I think it's a virtual certainty that Howard's therapist also has major issues with his mother. His own mother, not Rae. He loves Rae; she bought him a ski chalet in Aspen.

11. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His gay ass used to love the bachelor, couldnt stop talking about that show.

He also says "you know" a lot.

I remember when he used to berate people over their shitty grammar and vocabulary.

Sometimes I feel like he does it intentionally to try and act as though he's one of us commoners.