"Wigward in Southampton" promotes ZOO ZA ZOO the movie w/ Mike Francesa on YES & WFAN

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey guys, it took me a while to format this and pardon the length because I slightly over re-recorded it. But THIS is a host I've been getting a gaggle of Zoo Za Zoo requests for. And BOY he handled it better than I ever imagined if I do say so myself.

"Wigward from Southampton" calls YES-NETWORK's and WFAN's Mike Francesa to talk about Emily Stern-Simon's new WNBA biopic ZOO ZA ZOO and back up Mike's praising of LeBron James to ignorant callers previously.

I left in a little more than just the call to give a little context as to what triggered me to try today, and the actual call starts around 4:00. Bare with me because I'm on a tinny cell-phone microphone head-set in my car on the way to work. I WISH I was on a landline but this worked fine as far as I'm concerned.

Also, hang in there for a lil after Wigward's call as Mike does a call back on it with another caller from Bethpage 8:20 as he brings up things that got muffled or dumped in my original call of me saying my dad was so well off that I had a Jewish limo driver and body guard, and my hedges looked like my hair. I guess the Jew part made them dump it???

This is inspired by you guys as a celebratory ZOO ZA ZOO of Wigward losing his lawsuit again. I figured I'd come to the table bearing gifts today!? The gift of ZOO ZA ZOO that keeps on giving as I have about 10 more in holster including Artie and Dennis Miller 2x.

[video=youtube;HfJMbkoZKGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJMbkoZKGc[/video]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    mike: "wigward. how'd you get that name?"

wigward (arm): "it's one of those pretentious hamptons names."

:rofl:

spoiler...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    "zoo za zoo. a film about a woman's basketball team named the long island pelicans"

another spoiler^

holy shit! you've out done yourself arm. :beer:

4. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AND to give back story and as a not-so-arrogant NYer that doesn't ASSUME everyone outside the tri-state area knows what the hell this all is. The YES NETWORK is the NY Yankees own 24 hour TV flagship station that also shows the Brooklyn Nets. And WFAN is the longtime sports radio station Francesa started with and still broadcasts his show on both FM and AM in the tri-state with a focus on New York sports.

Mike Francesa WAS part of a famous local team called MIKE AND THE MAD DOG with Chris Russo who has done Wigward's show about 3 or 4x now and Russo has fled to Sirius in afternoon drive time. Sour Shoes, as many know, was obsessed with these two as you've all heard his pitch-perfect Chris "Mad Dog" Russo.

WFAN was also the longtime home of Imus (of nappy-headed HO fame) and Wigward's VERY rigamortal enemy. Imus was also the one who suggested Francesa and Russo team up in WFAN's infancy stages.

6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    good job,

[​IMG]

7. pontius pilot

Reputations:
  8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THANKS PP, you NEVER miss a fucking trick do ya!??!?!?

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thx KNU, Francesa was a LLLLOONNNGGG time coming and it took forever to get through. I got DRILLED by the call screener (via Francesa) about the name too and just stood firm

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    HOW the fuck did you get a still/JPEG (Artie speak) of that so fast???? MAN, you don't fuck around!?!?

11. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So so great! +r !!
    My only wish is that one day, one perfect day, you'll get thu on THHS.
    To hear Howard take one of your truly well crafted phony calls would awesome!

12. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is legendary. the planets have aligned for you to drop this on a most momentous of days.

you actually got that miserable francesa to smile a couple of times.

i hope that pirate howard doesn't torrent his screener before i get to see zoo za zoo in the theaters.

between you and the dawgs twitter pound, howard must be looking for a load bearing joist to sling a noose.

13. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well you had a legit sports take. You didn't get flustered when he questioned the name. You got Mike F to unblinkingly and unwittingly bash Howard Stern and Hamptonites.

You should quit while you're on top. No beating this Zoo za Zoo Bomb...

14. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    no way.

arm is learning at a geometric rate. soon, arm will become self-aware and zoo za zoo will break out everywhere.

15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thx Fishy, SOME day when he's actually on the air that will come BUT in some ways I actually think it's better to just drop bombs all around and not even bother with the actual show and their 15 pronged call screener process, and 90 second dump button that's not Bobo or Marianne.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks PSU, very fucking kind of you! It IS rare to see Francesa smile or laugh on any level ESPECIALLY with callers he views as beneath him. It's funny, as soon as I started to bullshit my fake movie to Mike I actually thought to myself "YA KNOW...this wouldn't be that bad a film actually with the LI PELICANS and a broad trying to make the WNBA?""

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thx Rodney, but there's no quit yet. I have a big Dennis Miller ZZZ that might match this that I haven't posted yet??!? Of course that's up to you guys and everyone has a different take on what a better or more impacting ZZZ is??

18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WOW, thanks PP, and isn't that a Bradley Cooper movie you're describing??

19. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:

fkn amazing call.

20. pontius pilot

Reputations: