will AGT ratings go up without Howard?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BeerCanThick, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please please please I hope they do. You know he will be Yenta-ing it up if they go down without "America's Judge."

reno and Lunabatty like this.
  2. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No, not at all. Howard did such harm to that show, AGT will never recover. Kinda like New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. You can put a new roof on the super dome, build a few new houses but it'll never be the same.

[​IMG]

yaddc and BeerCanThick like this.
  3. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i think wig was a desperate attempt to save the show simon cowell is an even more desperate attempt.however i want wig to fail in every venture he goes into.

yaddc and BeerCanThick like this.
  4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    You're damn straight they will, as long as Dawg's and The Angry 600 have anything to say about it.

BooeyBanana and BeerCanThick like this.
  5. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

Please let this happen.

BooeyBanana and BeerCanThick like this.
  6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It will depend on who the judges are.

BeerCanThick likes this.
  7. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The show needs a complete overhaul, so that means getting rid of all the existing judges and putting Simon into his own show and bringing in some better talent. People saw that Stern was an empty suit, and that he brought nothing to the show. If Simon still has the tongue he had in his Idol days, the ratings will increase because people will want to hear what he has to say. Stern? Nobody cared...that's why he was asked to leave...err...I mean, that is why he is leaving to "pursue other TV options" (complete bullshit).

If Simon is on there...I will tune in.

reno, BooeyBanana, You Knew! and 2 others like this.
  8. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I fully expect that they will do that complete overhaul. Of course when they dump Howie, Mel B, and Heidi; Howard will take credit that NBC didn't think they were strong enough judges without Howard carrying them.

puncher likes this.
  9. BeerCanThick

Reputations:
    I thought Stern was going to show up and be 1990s or Artie Era Stern and clown on the entire talent show industry as vapid and old. He needed to be a mean fucking court jester goofing around with high energy and showing that he didn't give a rat's ass about who "won" with a manic, vicious disdain for talent shows conceptually for me to care at all. He got way far up his own ass in the "America's Judge" persona and takes the shit seriously, like he's trying to pick Best Picture for the Oscars.

Nobody wants to see this old closeted Jew pelican being polite and doing wacky "fag shenanigans" as RedLetterMedia would put it. I am surprised he didn't reprise some of his old school "talent" bits like throwing baloney on stripper's tits and asses or something.

10. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ratings? What are these Ratings you speak of. That word hasn't been uttered in THSS since 2011, the day Fuckwald came in for the big announcement.

BeerCanThick likes this.
  11. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    At this point, all the ratings can do is go up. Stern and company have driven that demo number into the ground. Freemantle/NBC will move the show back to LA, maybe keep Mandel but doubtful...and more than likely put Simon on as a judge. I hope the ratings increase, but the money they will be saving in production is going to be tremendous.

BeerCanThick likes this.
  12. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I watch the British X Factor on YT because of Simon. Yes, he still has the tongue.

puncher likes this.
  13. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i know I will be doing my part and tuning in non stop :jj:

BooeyBanana likes this.
  14. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    AGT is an old show. I can't imagine shuffling in different judges and tweaking the format/sets will bring in many new viewers. The season premiere might uptick a little, as some additional audience checks out the new judges.

But it will settle at or a bit below the 2015 ratings. And that will actually validate the fact that they grossly overspent for Stern.

15. puncher

puncher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Well NBC still has an interest in it because its still the #1 summer show. There are still 10 million plus that watch, so they will keep it and reshape it a little. The key is Cowell....if he is a judge, he is a ratings boost....the boost that Stern was supposed to give the show. American Idol is being cancelled because it is played out, and is getting destroyed by the fall/winter competition. AGT practically has no competition, so they can get that demo number up again once they bring in some new judges and move it back to California.

BeerCanThick likes this.
  16. BeerCanThick

Reputations:
    Just think if Howard gets paid 10 million and doing the show in New York costs another 10 million, which I think is totally reasonable, if Simon came on for even half of Stern's yearly pay and they save that 10 million in New York costs, that is saving 75 percent of the costs, 15 million a year. That is such a no brainer that I am shocked they didn't do it two years ago. The "WIGGYLeaks" showed they wanted to do that last season and they should have. But, better late than never.

puncher likes this.
  17. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's a lot of things I don't like about AGT, besides Howard. I don't think Heidi Klum is a worthwhile judge (OK, she's a pretty model, but what
    exactly does she know about talent??). Also don't think Nick Cannon adds much as the host, despite how "great" Howard thinks he is.

I don't like they way they edit this show, either. To me, there's a lot of fixing up AGT needs to do if the ratings are to go way up. I hope it
    happens, though. Howard deserves that sort of torture to deal with!

BeerCanThick likes this.