Will Beth Adopt One Of These Dogs?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Mar 20, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:

Dogs rescued from Korean dog meat farm transported to California

[​IMG]
    NOVATO, Calif. -- After lifetimes spent in small, filthy crowded cages on a South Korean dog meat farm, dozens of dogs can now spend the rest of their lives in loving homes, CBS San Francisco reports.

The dogs are part of an international rescue effort by Humane Society International (HSI) in partnership with Emergency Placement Partners East Bay SPCA, Marin Humane Society and Sacramento SPCA.

The dogs were kept in horrific conditions -- exposed to the elements. HSI is trying to eradicate the South Korean meat trade at the source by conducting raids on trucks headed for slaughter, and working with farmers to agree to stop breeding the animals.

The dogs began arriving in the Bay Area March 16. The final 15 were delivered to the SPCA's Mission Campus in San Francisco, Thursday.

After a brief quarantine, they will be evaluated, spayed and neutered, treated for any medical issues, and made available for adoption.

Marin Human Society will be carefully screening adopters. Because the dogs come from such difficult circumstances, they will require a specific type of adopter and home. It will be at least two weeks before adoptions are possible.

If you are interested in providing a home for one of these animals, go to the MHS website and fill out an application at MarinHumaneSociety.org.

smichal, sadface and Shortwave98 like this.
  2. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    She's into cats now. :secret:

Oh geez, I'm not reading that because I love animals.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and smichal like this.
  3. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  4. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Imagine if people came from foreign countries and tried to stop, cows, pigs, chickens, from getting slaughter...We would go nuts.

5. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    No. Dogs are too much work.

6. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sauce on Spot

7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think one of the many languages that Beth speaks fluently happens to be Korean.:happyno:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i realize how strongly americans cling to their steak, pork and lamb chops (although i've given all of that up)the thought of cats and dogs being led to slaughter makes me sick.
    not all societies and cultures are equal (as obama says). if we can influence other cultures to do the right thing, why not????