Will Both NBC Late Night Shows Originate in NYC?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rupert Pupkin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    I am cynical that NBC will want both late night shows to originate in Manhattan. I believe that with the new NYS tax credit for the Tonight Show to relocate from California, NBC/Comcast will send its lobbyists to officials in California, Los Angeles/Burbank to demand credits/incentives to permit the 12:30 show to originate on the West Coast.

Johnny Carson knew that if there was to be another show after his, a lot of things had to be different, 1. base the show in NYC, 2. a "band" (no orchastra) with a maximum of 4 members and no monologue. Plus, the shows need a different set of guests and most of the entertainment industry is in L.A.

The corporate suits at Comcast know how to play both sides of the deal.

2. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    guest will suck just like Letterman's guests always suck.

Action's in LA. Every moron knows that. NBC are just stupid motherfuckers. And Fallon fucking sucks. Not funny at all.

3. terrapin1971

terrapin1971 New Member

Reputations:
    The 12:35 show, whomever the host is will base in LA. Too many guests there to have both shows in NYC

4. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm: did you even read the release? it's based in NYC! They even got the damn tax cuts!

5. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah i was thinking that kimmel is going to have the inside track on most movie stars since they all live in LA. It's one thing to do a NY show if you're doing press, but few will haul their asses across the country for a silly late night show. I think jay will be back on 11:30 within six months.

6. terrapin1971

terrapin1971 New Member

Reputations:
    Seth Meyers or next host, you see will move to LA. Lorne wants it. He has the juice

7. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lorne Michaels is now the executive producer of The Tonight Show. This is another experiment by NBC that will end badly.