will howard admit when he retires he was miserable at Sirius xm in the last 4 years??

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CaptainSack, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CaptainSack

CaptainSack New Member

Reputations:
    after artie left they cut his budget he admitted it and he seems to be angry at management.

2. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    howard has always be miserable and he has always been angry at management. he is a miserable and angry man.

3. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When he was on terrestrial radio his show often had small budgets (according to him), yet he consistently brought the funny. Why can't he do that now?

Oh yeah, because he's become a lazy, sell-out, star fucker.

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard has made close to one billion dollars in the last two contracts. You would think that he would be happy and love Sirius and say thank you, instead he sued the company.

5. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    What does Howard have to admit?? He tells us how miserable he is every time he's on live.

6. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He might admit it but who is going to hear it? His crayons? His paint brushes?

7. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    He could bring in comedians every week to rotate in the chair who are playing in NYC anyhow for not a lot more than expenses.

He he could fire non performers and interview funny up and comers who would be happy to stay on for those tiny wages.

Oh, and Sirius only paid the man one fucking billion dollars.

If he is miserable, it's on him.

8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    If he's retired where do you expect him to admit this?

GIMME 500 MIL I'LL DO IT

9. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Sim card subscribers. :rolleye:

If he leaves Sirius at the end of this contract, the one sure thing is that he will bash them constantly during the brief honeymoon phase with his new employer (while his lawyers prepare the lawsuits).

10. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Maybe a caller will bring this up on Howard's live show today. :hammer:

11. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    That's crazy talk. Not like he already did this in 2001 for a full year when Jackie left.

Such interesting shows. It's pretty awesome to go back and hear people like Jeff Ross you'd think would be perfect completely flop & fail on their try-outs. Craig Gass totally had the gig until he started over-booking comedy shows and would come in and just not do impressions because his voice hurt. Bonehead.

12. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why would he admit he was miserable? I think he is in heaven now. He has become that celebrity douchebag that he used always make fun of when in hindsight it is clear that he was always jealous of. He has become everything he wanted and I think if he had a comic in the Artie Chair, he wouldn't be able to have made the transformation as easily.

Plus, I am convinced that Howard is auditioning to the networks for a celebrity interview show. All these hour long interviews are for him to show the networks that can do an hour of television just interviewing one celebrity the entire time and making it compelling. He doesn't want a third voice in the studio.

If Howard wanted to replace Artie, I guarantee you that Sirius would have replaced him. I honestly don't think Howard ever wanted to do it. They spent a fortune on that stupid Birthday Show.

People are kidding themselves when they think Howard is miserable at Sirius. Sirius let's him ruin his show and take most of the summer off in his attempt to get him and his social climbing wife be able to hang with the cool kids. If anything, Sirius may be miserable with Howard and the higher ups can't stand that they have to kowtow to him in efforts to get him to do things to salvage his declining ratings and try to get a return on investment on a bad deal the previous regime got them into.

13. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think you fans are miserable, not Howard.

14. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    that 300mm loss made him/makes him mental, he of course has to suck it up...."You know Robin, I love Sirius I play it all day in my home, I really love coffee house"

15. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I doubt it if that were true why do they shaft hard workers like o&a ,jay thomas etc... anyone not howard gets nothing

16. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because they aren't sinking the kind of money into those guys as they are for Howard. Howard is making tens of millions of dollars a year and not pulling in enough revenue to cover it. Because Howard's deal sucks for them and they can't get out from under it until it is over, they gotta do what they can to maximize the value of it. Which means kissing Howard's ass to get him to do more than the bare minimum to help salvage his ratings. If they thought they could get Howard to walk away from the deal by treating him like crap they would because new management are trying to get out from under these bad deals the previous regime spent on.

O&A and Jay Thomas have even worse ratings than Howard, but cost a fraction of the money. So Sirius can just treat them like crap. If Howard had a manageable contract, they would do the same with him.

Sirius is stuck with Howard at his bloated contract for the next two and a half years. They could treat him like crap and let Howard do even less to make his ratings drop even more or they can kiss his ass and get him to do higher profile events like his Birthday Show and the Billy Joel Town Hall to stop the mass defection of listeners and maybe help rebuild his base.

If the Hollywood Reporter number of 3 million listeners is right (which we know is bloated), Sirius is losing tens of millions of dollars of year with Howard and no way to get rid of him for another two and a half years. They need to get Howard to do what he can to get a better return on investment on his contract. That means kissing his ass.

17. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    I dont know that there is actually any evidence of this (besides the "facebook poll of truckers" LOL) but one could make the case that their poor ratings are a resulteof the negligent management and non-existent promotion. Jay Thomas will never be a big show, I accept that. O&A whether you like them or not, were nationally syndicated and have been on in major markets for most of their 20 year run. Someone must like them. I don't get the mentality. SXM's only advantage over other services is exclusive content. If they dont bother to promote the content, they may as well cut them loose and just be a music service. Both O&A and Jay Thomas are on year to year contracts why do they keep renewing them if they have zero intention of promoting them. Its mind boggling.

The other problem of your premise is the pay wall. There is no point in promoting stern if over 50% of subscribers cannot even hear him. Subscribers are primarily driven by new car sales. Stern does not come in the preview package unless u have a sirius radio (not XM or SXM radio). If they want to spend all this money promoting stern why keep him behind a double pay wall so most subscribers cant even check him out. Its retarded. We know from the lawsuit only a tiny fraction of XM listeners even bother paying the service. Hell, stern is on a major fucking network show why not drop the fucking double pay wall at least during AGT because curious ppl may want to hear his show.

Its so absurd that Louis CK went on a huge rant on O&A a few months back and SXM actually cut the rant up and made a promo out of it joking about how fucking hard it is to get both shows on the same radio. My brain almost exploded from hearing it. a major fucking celebrity is lambasting their shitty service and saying he is going to cancel it and they make a fucking joke out of it.

SXM stock should go down the tubes like a bad taco bell shit. I have no idea why the stock ever went above 5 cents a share. The way the company is managed is totally incomprehensible to me. Their continued support for stern seems just like their support for Oprah radio or Eminem. Hes another faux celebrity and they love anything with celebs it makes no fucking sense

18. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In regard to the double pay wall for stern. Could this have been a concession when they were trying to get the merger through? It did take an abnormally long time to go through.

SXM management is dumb but I am not so sure they would keep it this way unless there was a REAL reason for it. It sure isn't getting many people to cough up the extra to hear him. The lawsuit proved that.

19. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    hmmm interesting thought a shit load of content has been moved outside of the pay wall the only remaining content i think of is HS & O&A , i think pretty much everything else is now on both platforms. It makes no sense to me