Will Howard Adress This?? Studio being used by others???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Matwiow, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    From poster SiriusXMDude at SFN:

He guys at work today the big announcement is Howards compound in the building is being cut up.Out of his budget Howard has to pay for building repairs and construction.The exclusive studio he now uses will also be available for other shows to use.Double talk Tim S is saying its a cost cutting move.Howards editing staff who work 5 days a week even though Howard works 3 will be asked to help and edit other shows in the sirius family.Scott Salem,Jason and Ritchie who are Sirius employees will be used on other channels during Howards off days.The writing is on he walls guys,it looks like the end is near.

This has gotta be bullshit right? Doesn't it seem like his contract would specify that no one else uses his studio without his permission???

2. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's SFN?

3. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:

i wrote contracts for a living. it's amazing how big some of the holes in them are. if this is true, howard will lose his mind! :yay:

4. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Just wait until O&A are yelling at Scott because a microphone doesn't work.

5. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Also, that's hilarious that shithead's compound and grunts are now going to be working on other shows.

6. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If it is true I feel bad for the other Sirius shows that will have to suffer working with Jason.

7. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Look on the bright side: maybe that will yank his fat ass down a peg or two. "See, you hooked-nose lard-ass? You're just a fucking peon."

8. Franklin

Franklin New Member

Reputations:
    I doubt it's true, but I really hope it is.

Howard will surely be full hot when he comes back if even half of that is true.

9. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And I notice there's no demand for Gary to moonlight on other shows. Surely they'd want such a talented, hard working producer to share his knowledge with other programs.

10. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So the "support staff" on the HSS will go from doing nothing on one channel to doing nothing on several channels?

11. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Great..now we will have to hear how Sirius is screwing him, doesn't respect him blah blah blah for an hour.

12. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow - if this is true - holy moly! But can you blame Sirius - there is a huge state of the art studio & it is only being used 2 days a week, sometimes 3. What a waste. I'm so glad that Sirius is finally playing hard ball with him - giving him a taste of his own medicine.
    And this could be the best thing for Jason & Scott. Now when Howard goes off the air, they will have other opportunities in the company. And also, they may actually learn some other skills for a change, instead of living in la-la land for so long.

13. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Thanks. It's gotta be true. This is what Howard has been not-so-subtly warning about. He mentioned "construction costs" several times in the last few days.

I think it's WONDERFUL. The staff will actually have something to do for a change, Sirius might actually make use of its space and its people, and Howard MIGHT just be annoyed enough to try being funny or creative for a change.

That last part is very doubtful though.

So what do you think? Stern show RIP by 9/2012?

14. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure they'd be impressed with the work ethic of a producer who only books guests that ask to be on the show.

15. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    This won't annoy that old faggot into being funny... he'll just piss and moan ten times more.

16. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's for the best. Howard obviously doesn't want to be there and wants to focus on his tv gig. That gigantic piece of real estate that is the stern compound literally sits there basically unused more than half the time.

It's also good that some of the lower level backstage guys will still have some sort of employment when Howard does pack it in

17. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ha Ha Ha

One only needs to look what guests O&A's producer pulls in to realize that Gary isn't needed

18. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    It's hard to believe the magic Roland works when booking guests. To listen to him, you'd swear he has to spit out his gum to start walking.

19. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So doesn't this prove that some of Howard's people are actually employees of Sirius and not Howard's production company(I forgot the name of it)? I don't think Howard is going to make it through to September especially if AGT is a huge hit. Howard already said that Sirius is his part time gig and that working for NBC is his full time job so I can see more NBC projects in the works.

20. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I agree, the best studio in the complex sits unused except for 8-12 hours a week with another 12 weeks of vacation down time. I didn't realize Jason worked for Sirius, he'll be a little bitch to anyone else he's assigned to. Scott's older and a union guy he's always had a pretty sweet deal with Sirius. Hope this is true and Sirius has finally grown a set.