Will Letterman retiring prompt Howard to do the same?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shivvy, May 22, 2015.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    You think?

teehee likes this.
  2. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only if imus retires first.

Mulletude and teehee like this.
  3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is still collecting Marbles. There are a lot of them out there so he thinks. So no, he won't be retiring anytime soon.

4. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    :pray:

If he had any scruples and self-awareness that he's just mailing it in now AND if he was emotionally secure enough to realize he could actually do other things and enjoy them, yes.

But since he is none of those things, no. He will stay until the last marboe is collected and the last kitty adopted. (Where is that fucking shelter, anyway? We could have built 3 by now ourselves using crowd sourcing).

However, I might start praying just to see if I can sway the universe in the direction of departure. Let's all do a Don Draper "om" at noon & midnight eastern everyday to get the ball rolling.

5. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Beef would never allow it , his D list desent doesn't go unmentioned

Rupert Pupkin and teehee like this.
  6. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    He will nevahhh retire as long as marbles are in the picture. He could not go off into the total non attention Universe. He craves it. He should go off into the sunset but won't. I wish Sirius would drop him but I fear they won't..Beth would be beside herself if she had to deal with him anymore then she does now. I would imagine he will just get more miserable as time goes on..

7. doytch

doytch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard retiring he can no longer be cocktail circuit with man wife Beth and he will never take new job that has ratings that prove nobody does watch him.

He will continue with fag career on Sirius

Trophy Knife, harlock, teehee and 2 others like this.
  8. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard needs to be in the spotlight. Look how desperately he is trying to cling to the illusion that he is still as popular and relevant as he was in the 1990s. He has people around him who all they do is talk about how great Howard is and how he and the show are better than ever.

Letterman never sought the spotlight outside his show. He didn't do multiple books, TV shows, star in a movie, etc. He basically did his show and produced some show (Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens). He wasn't a shameless self promoter.

I expect Howard to cling to fame long after anyone cares (even most of his cult members). He will work until he dies as long as someone will hire him. When he is in his 70s, I can see him doing late night informercials. Some celebrities know when to walk away gracefully and others will stay at the party way too long until everyone just asks them to leave. Howard is the latter.

10. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    He'll die clutching that mic, in the middle of a beer-can cock salivation.

11. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No. Howard has no dignity and is terrified of no one giving a shit.

BethsBraneCell and reno like this.
  12. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    He will shake that marble tree until every last one is off the branches. He needs to be "in" the entertainment industry for Beth and his ego, and that dream of being a late night talk show interviewer ended due to his obvious made for radio looks and complete lack of interest by the viewing public.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  13. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    so you think he will be like Imus?

14. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Never. But the adulation that Dave has gotten over the last two weeks makes me suspect that another Birthday Bash could be in the works. "They really like Dave. But they love me, Robin. Robin?"

15. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    I don't see him being able to do it yet. He still has this crazy desire to be loved by middle America, and be mainstream. It will never happen. You'd think that a guy with all that money and the houses would be able to just pack it in. He ought to be able to, since he's pretty much always on vacation from his 2-3 day a week gig. But that's proof right there- instead of retiring, he sticks around and does even less- he CAN'T LET GO. He'll insist he does this for his fans. What fans????? He lost all of us years ago with his attitude and work ethic and "evolved" show. A retirement would be noticed like a fart in the wind- there for a moment and then forgotten immediately.

What he OUGHT to do is leave radio quietly. Don't mention anything. Just get to the last day and say, "It's been a lot of years, I'm leaving. Goodbye." Turn off the mic. Create an air of mystery around where he went. Why he'd just walk away? Maybe generate a little interest in him again, and then quietly come back if he feels like actually working again. Work with different people. Get some new blood on the air with him. Do it on terrestrial where ratings are measured and you have something to prove.....But he won't do this. He's lazy, and his ego would never let him leave without fanfare (which he'll create himself). He'd never take a chance on doing something that might fail.

Samurai and SillyOldMan like this.
  16. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I think he is also jealous of his TV and movie new friends that get all that "mailbox money" -- residuals long after their work on a project is over

He wasn't that well thought out and has to stay in the game to keep getting paid

I think the entire Whalerock (future debacle) is about "monetizing his brand" and having people pay to access old content, etc.

He wants the visibility, profile and cash - all without having to show up and do a job.

17. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He always acts like he's retired..old fart...he is mentally retired now and mentally retired..Now he is Howard the Conquerer

18. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...anybody else notice the absence of agt talk ever since the simon cowell email came out? he has to sign with a start up like whalerock because every established method medium has rejected howard. "i had some really crazy stuff ready to do on my final letterman appearence but they wouldnt let me do it robin"

19. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He has already lapped Imus a couple of times. Even Dierrrrrrrderr thinks Beth is an embarrassment.

20. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wiggy is the biggest narcissist is show business. He's proven he'll do anything to keep his name in the spotlight. He wont retire even if siriusxm kicks him to the curb.