Will Robin's death...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by lilbuddy67, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    be the cop-out that Howard needs to NOT renew and therefore not be hated by the staff when they are left out in the cold? Even though the show could go on w/o her, just as it did after Billy, Jackie, and Artie? They may not be as integral in Howard's mind, but they certainly define specific show quality and eras.

2. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin or no Robin my gut says he'll re-sign for another two years when this contract is over - assuming Sirius offers, which they really shouldn't given the zero effort put into the show these days. If there's one thing we know about Wiggy it is that he can't leave money on the table the same way his jewish relatives that lived through war times are compelled to lick every plate clean.

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard would just take Robins marbles and keep going. I don't think he has the ability to feel sad for anybody.

4. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Who says that John Malone would even offer a new contract that could be "renewed" son?

5. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    That's what the re-imaging is for---will offer big cash up front IF Howard can appeal to all audiences. Buchwald at work here.

6. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think so. Howard's capitalised on other peoples crises to further his personal interests -- while feigning dismay at their misfortune, throughout his entire career. It's a device that's worked well for him. The Artie Lange vs Teddy Microphone incident, for example, coincided with Howard's early endeavours at a newly, socially inclusive persona. Artie's random outburst offered Howard the perfect opportunity to unload 300lbs of non-metrosexuality & not look like a complete cunt.
    My prediction is, Howard will carry on in radio but, in a much, much stripped-down format, no comedy, just him & whatever guest he can attempt to psychoanalyse.

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My money is on Sirius really lowballing Howard and him taking the deal. His alternative is to go to yet another medium, where the concept of spilling the beans about Sirius' work practices is interesting, it'll never be believable after him revealing his greedy corporate man persona, absolutely lazy work ethic and total reversal of his own fucking opinions. All of those make it hard to feel bad for him.

8. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard will never leave a single marble on the table.
    Since Mr John Malone is not a part of the chosen people, he will not renew Howard.

Robins death would be a perfect excuse for Howard. He probably will have Ronnie killing Robin. Maybe it even was Howard that gave IRS the evidence that put Robin in house arrest. (Howard had all info about the alleged illegal micro loans with 30% interest that 15Foundation had)

9. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    I think he would be sad that her death would force him to have to pretend to be sad about her death who needs that stress

10. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Sirius will negotiate for the tapes to run on Q100, and 101 will go the way of the dodo.

Howard will invent podcasts.

11. MPVT

MPVT New Member

Reputations:
    I dont think Stern would continue the show without Robin. He would break his contract and retire.

12. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    It will be an excuse to turn the show into a Seacrest G-rated show. Look Robin is gone, I can't do this type of show without Robin.
    And leave any money behind? Not gonna happen

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013