Will there come a time when you say "fuck Artie"?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by koabz, May 29, 2013.

1. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    I loved him on the show, but his standup not a fan of. Eventually, nobody is gonna give a shit that he was on the stern show. Im sure his audience for his sports show is just Stern fans. If he doesn't do a movie or get a sitcom, how long do you support him? Supporting all these branch off from the show is getting old. That block party shit is taking advantage of fans. Who gives a shit about Artie, Amy Shumer and Curly joe Norton?

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I gave a shit about Artie before Stern as a MadTV and Norm fan, and will give a shit as long as he keeps working. I enjoy the show, if you don't like it, don't listen, it really has nothing to do with his time on Stern at this point.

3. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    As far as I know he's always been good to his fans and bros, so no reason to turn on him.

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    i don't listen to Artie's show, but i loved him on THSS and I am rooting for Artie to succeed and overcome his demons.

5. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    :thumbup2:

6. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I guess I already have. I enjoyed him on the show and I wish the guy all the best, but I'm not going to see a movie or TV show because Artie's in it. Every time I see a guest appearance (like in Entourage and Californication) it's been horribly unfunny and sad. 10 years since Old School...that's hard to believe.

7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    artie was a walking stiff on madtv and couldn't act for shit in the movie bits I seen.
    Listen to his cd, thats everything he has..Norm got him gigs, not his talent cause he has none.
    He was vicious on stern and it showed on the buck show..that's talent?
    There are some posters here more vicious but do it humorously unlike that slob.

8. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<motorboat

9. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    Listen, I love Artie. What I was saying "who gives a fuck about that comedy combination"? Amy Schumer(however you spell that shit) and Jim Norton aren't funny. Eventually, Arties' buzz is gonna die, with out a movie or a sitcom success. I love Artie too......

10. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Have said it many times before.

Give the man enough rope and he'll pull the rafters of his house down.

11. Dean Wormer

Dean Wormer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been saying that for years. Fuck that fat fuck.

He blew it.

12. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    about 2 years ago

13. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    I forgot what the thread was about when I seen that

14. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  15. rascal

rascal New Member

Reputations:
    I used to enjoy listening to Nick & Artie a few times a week, but when Nick was suddenly out, and then Artie earlier this year was so high on air he was passing out, I just gave up on him. I wouldn't say fuck him, cause I wish him the best, but I'm just not interested anymore.

16. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I still don't get how that quote is supposed to make people think badly of Artie. The guy's a junkie, they make excuses and rationalize their behavior, a lot of the time to avoid looking at the demons that drove them to use in the first place. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you listen or watch his TV show, he didn't fleece anyone out of $500 for a "lifetime" subscription, piss on his fans, or become the total opposite of what he used to be and claimed to stand for. If you don't like him, it's amazingly easy to avoid him by turning the dial or channel.

Also, for all the people who constantly say Artie only has work because of Stern, Sid Rosenberg is every bit the Junkie Artie is (probably more) was just suspended from his show and sent to court ordered rehab last year, and is already working in radio again. Yet, I don't see Imus fans still starting threads bitching about Sid being strung out on Imus in the Morning and blaming him for that show's decline, nor trying to say he only has a job because of Imus. People need to relax, Artie isn't chasing posters off the board for sending him mean Tweets the last time I checked.

17. hey later

hey later Member VIP

Reputations:
    Already said it. He was very entertaining but a huge asshole...to everybody.

[video=youtube;1UeCs_iJGUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UeCs_iJGUw[/video]

18. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    clearly most stern fans love Artie and have no reason to say fuck him

i think i know what you are trying to get at, but you really titled this thread poorly. you're thinking that as time passes, he will fade to obscurity and be forgotten, that the fans will become indifferent and move on.

for me, it depends on what he puts out. i don't have that big of an interest for his show, but i will watch it for certain guests. His stand up was middle of the road. i actually really like beer league, but i seem to be in the minority, i'm sure it is better than hangover 3. if he puts out a movie, or he has a cameo like he did in elf, i would pay money to see it. i haven't forgotten billy west, or jackie martling and they haven't been on the show for a long time, i don't think ill ever forget artie.

19. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love Artie on Stern, as he has made me laugh harder than anything else on that show, but the further we get from the "incident" that resulted in his "exit" the more I agree with Sirius' decision to give him the boot.

I don't think it was right for Howard to exploit him, but I also don't think it's okay to be a junkie and show up to work high.

I only say "fuck Artie" when I actually try to listen to the show now and can barely stand it.

20. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I respect your opinion, but as I just started a thread breaking down last week, Artie was not let go because of the suicide attempt. He was put on mandatory medical leave, and informed his contract wasn't being renewed THEN he attempted suicide. Howard just backpedaled and portrayed it as if there were still a chance he could have returned so he didn't look bad ex post facto. I'm not saying it's justifiable to attempt suicide because you lose your job, especially when you gave them every reason to not re-sign you after having so many episodes of drug abuse, but let's keep the story straight here.