News Wisconsin Company getting it right

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:

And in the spirit of fairness let's do away with all religious holiday's, including Christmas...

It's only right

Wisconsin manufacturing plant changes rules to take away Muslim prayer breaks

BY Jason Silverstein
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 4:25 PM

A manufacturing plant in Wisconsin has changed its prayer policy to prevent dozens of Muslim employees from worshipping on the job — and threatened to fire them if they don’t like it, workers said.
    Ariens Company, a Brillion-based maker of snow blowers and lawn mowers, used to allow the 53 Muslims who work at its headquarters plant to take two breaks a day — for five minutes at a time — to fit in their ritual prayers, according to WBAY.
    But that abruptly changed Thursday, when the company sent out a statement saying it “does not allow for unscheduled breaks in production” — even for prayer.
    Furious Muslim employees said they can now only fit in daily prayers during their lunch breaks, which likely do not conincide with their prayer times. Muslim scripture requires five daily prayers, each at the same times every day.
    Some workers said that when they complained, their bosses handed them unemployment papers.

Ariens Company will no longer allow five-minute breaks to let Muslim employees who work at its Brillion plant pray.

“If someone tells you, ‘you pray on your break,’ and the break time is not the prayer time, it will be impossible to pray,” employee Masjid Imam Hasan Abdi told WBAY.
    Another employee, Adan Hurr, told the station the rule is “absolutely discrimination on its face.”
    The Council on American-Islamic Relations agreed, calling for a compromise in a statement Saturday.
    “These types of accommodation disputes can be resolved in a spirit of respect for constitutionally-protected religious rights and for the legitimate needs of both employees and employers,” the civil rights group said.
    [​IMG]
    Ariens posted about its "ugly sweater" Christmas party one month before taking away prayer breaks for its Muslim workers.
    “We ask Ariens to revert to its previous policy allowing religious accommodation until a resolution can be reached that allows the workers to practice their faith and permits an efficient manufacturing process.”
    But the company has not budged. Ariens reps did not return requests for comment from the Daily News.
    The Equal Opportunity Employment Commission says that employers do not have to accommodate an employee’s religious beliefs if they “cause undue hardship” to the company, including a decrease of “workplace efficiency.” Muslim workers at the Brillion plant said other employees took over their tasks during their prayer breaks.
    Brillion has several locations throughout the United States, as well as Norway, the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada, and employs more than 1,000 people, according to LinkedIn. It’s unclear if the new prayer rule applies to all of its branches.
    It’s also unclear if the company intends to place similar restrictions on other religious practices. A December post on the company’s website showed that employees were treated to Christmas party complete with a meal, decorations for the holiday and a “variety of ugly Christmas sweaters worn throughout the office.”

2. a mysterious man

a mysterious man Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Yeah. NO SHIT!

And those other employees probably flipped them off behind their backs on their way out.

Mr. Potato Head, Joe Bauers and reno like this.
  3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
  4. piledriver123

piledriver123 Wonky hunter and Shed lover VIP

Reputations:
    I would like to see them try to jump on their knees and pray on one of the construction jobs in front of some of the superintendents I work with. Stop production to pray? I think not!! Here's your check and don't let the gate hit you on your almighty Mohammed ass on the way out!!

5. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think they're just being difficult. They can pray at lunch and on their regular breaks. Better yet, go work for a Muslim owned company.

6. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For Fucks sake what a colossal waste of time and energy to stop what your doing five times a day and lay out a carpet and get on your knees and pray to some invisible entity that if was really real would not give a shit either way.

7. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    If I got that many breaks I would just spank it that many more times per day :grad:

DuckDong, Gusbuss and bea miller like this.
  8. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've only encountered one muzzy in all my years in construction. He was creepy, said his name is muhammad then insisted we say his name. He wasn't asked back the next day.

Do you run a pile driver?

stanggirl and Joe Bauers like this.
  9. KMC

KMC Active Member

Reputations:
  10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    don't worry, theres a democrat party working hard to change that ...

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Next time I need a snow blower or a lawn mower, Ariens will be at the top of my list.

12. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    More work, less pray.

13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lol

LaserT likes this.
  14. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What is with these construct prayers anyway.....Christian, moooooooooslim......I just go along and say mine as I go.....WTF?
    Can't pray and work at the same time......Gotta' have that forehead on the ground and ass in the air to pray? Fuck you............

Mr. Potato Head likes this.
  15. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    They will be the death of this country if we don't draw the line NOW!!!!!

stanggirl likes this.
  16. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just March em straight to the airport and send them to a more accommodating country

17. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Thank Barry

18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The real sad part of this is that the media is turning this into a corporate anti-Muslim thing when what it really is is a right to work thing. The company tried to accomodate Muslim workers, but ultimately had to honor the complaints of the other workers..

This is also the perfect example of liberal policy conflicting with itself.

On one hand, were supposed to treat everybody equally. On the other, were supposed to make special exceptions for special people. When we acknowledge Christmas it's "pandering to Catholics" but not giving Muslims special prayer time and special prayer rooms is "islamophobia".

This is the very embodiment of orwells message in animal farm: all animals are created equal... But some are more equal than others.

19. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Besides the law sides with the employer, get fucked muzzies.

20. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    :eek:

(NEWSER) – It was a simple misunderstanding of a question asked by a holy man, but it cost a 15-year-old Pakistani boy his hand, and landed an imam under arrest. Imam Shabbir Ahmed was giving a sermon at a mosque in Punjab province, reports al Jazeera, when he asked his congregation who among them did not love the prophet Mohammed. Mishearing, 15-year-old Mohammed Anwar raised his hand, reports Reuters, and was immediately singled out by Ahmed as a "blasphemer." The boy went home, and reportedly with his father's approval, cut off his own hand to atone for his imagined sin; he later presented the limb to the imam on a plate.