With months left before opening kick off, Jaguars season is already over

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, May 8, 2015.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :haha:

Jaguars rookie Fowler injures knee, likely out for season
    Associated Press
    19 minutes ago
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Dante Fowler Jr. didn't miss a game in three years of college.

The former Florida star likely will miss his entire rookie year in the NFL.

The Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end, the third overall pick in last week's NFL draft, is likely out for the season after tearing a knee ligament during his first practice.

Fowler tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during rookie minicamp Friday. ESPN first reported the extent of the injury.

The injury looked serious live and appeared even worse in video replays. Tests revealed the extent of the damage.

Fowler's knee buckled during an 11-on-11 drill as he engaged right tackle Watts Dantzler. Fowler dropped to the ground, grabbed his leg as he rolled from side to side and eventually got helped off the field. He was carted to the locker room.

tired, ARM and JameGumb like this.
  2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Now I'll go to the Titan home game with them and if I see him on the side line........I'll just point and laugh!!!!!

JameGumb likes this.
  3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Fuck. There goes their chance at the Bowl!!!

4. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Clowney has someone to keep him company on the Injured Reserve list.

That was such a bad pick by Houston. You had to see trouble coming. His father was a convict, and Clowney doesn't appear to have much discipline.

scoobyla and Droog like this.
  5. chapped

Reputations:
    :lol:

JameGumb likes this.
  6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I spent time in that market several years back. I couldn't believe they had a store running ads on TV all the time selling Jaguars merchandise.

Turns out I was right.

Jagmania closing its doors after 12 years
    Owner blames the economy and the fickle nature of the Jaguars fans

After selling Jacksonville Jaguars shirts, hats and an array of other merchandise through the team’s victories and disappointments since 1997, local sports merchandise chain Jagmania is closing all three of its stores in the face of the economy and the wake of a lackluster 2008 Jaguars season.

Co-owners Dave and Carol Kanaszka broke the news in an e-mail to friends and customers Tuesday morning. Dave Kanaszka said the chain will close its store at 3918 S. 3rd St., Jacksonville Beach in coming weeks but the other two stores, at 9400 Atlantic Blvd. and 5102 Blanding Blvd., will stay open until all stock and store fixtures are gone.

“It’s sad. We put our lifeblood into it,” Kanaszka said. “But by the fourth game last season, the Jaguars weren’t playing well, and the people in this town drop support when they lose a game. Between that and the economy, we didn’t have a chance.”

Blanding Boulevard store manager Kim Setting said she saw that firsthand in her store.

“People shop the way the Jaguars play,” she said. “That’s the bulk of it right there. If they win, they’ll freely spend their money. If they lose, they’ll bad mouth the Jags or they won’t come at all.”

Kanaszka said the couple closed the Jagmania store in Regency Square mall in April, around the time an attempted sale of the chain fell through. After that, the question was whether the store could survive until the football season without paying bills that came due over the summer.

“They [landlords] didn’t want to wait,” he said.

Discounts in the stores already are deep as the store’s liquidation sale begins, according to a store memo. Jerseys of former NFL players are 80 percent off and Florida Gators 2006 championship paraphernalia is 90 percent off. College apparel is 50 percent off, and University of Florida, Florida State University and University of Georgia apparel is 30 percent off.

Other store merchandise categories are discounted by various percentages. Items not specifically listed, such as the Jaguars’ 2009 uniforms, are 20 percent off, Kanaszka said.

Jagmania was well known for its television commercials that for about five years featured a breathy young woman who purred “Jagmania” into the camera.

That was the Kanaszkas’ daughter, Heather, who lives in Tampa.

Kanaszka said he doesn’t know what the couple is going to do after the stores are wound down and closed.

“You work so hard at something all these years, and it’s gone,” he said. “But everything happens for a reason.”

Setting said she doesn’t know what she’s going to do, either, but one thing’s for sure — she’s going to stay with the NFL team Jagmania was best known for.

“I’ve got season tickets,” she said. “I’m not going to lose my seats just because the store’s closing. I have six seats and I may have to go down to four … but I’m not going to give up on the team.”

ARM and ltd86 like this.
  7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking brutal.

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I vehemently stand by my belief off the last NFL thread you posted - Jacksonville is a fucking incessant and irrelevant blight on the NFL! It's the JAGUARS that need to be gutted and moved to LA! NOT the great & classic San Diego Chargers franchise - which needs to stay the fuck where they are!

The Pacific Time Zone needs another team as well as taken from the bloated East. This also so the NFL is forced to show more games at 4pm est/1pm PTZ slot vs the flimsy 3 to 5 they show now. While 1pm est/10am PTZ has a fucking 10 or 11 game imbalance????

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    BethsZygote and chapped like this.
  9. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    amen! dont touch our chargers. sick of people trying to move us to los angeles. the east coast media bullshit acts like san diego is some small town that cant have a football team. its the 8th largest city in the country and "americas finest city". fuck off people.

John Coktoaston and chapped like this.
  10. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like the NFL's 4:00 schedule. I'm a Broncos fan living in Michigan. I see a lot of Broncos games bid see even more if the Lions would just get the hell out of town.

11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I can't imagine the Chargers moving. What's with that state of yours. LA can't keep a team, Oakland can't keep a team, and now SD can't hold onto a team? For such a populous state, California sucks. You'll never see the Broncos consider moving. Never.

ARM likes this.
  12. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    image.jpg

ARM and chapped like this.
  13. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the main problem in california is there are too many dick heads who come from other parts of the country and they bring their hometown team with them

GarysAssFly, ARM and chapped like this.
  14. chapped

Reputations:
    that is because you can't fart in San Diego without having to grease a dozen politicians palms
    no offense to Denver but the retards that run that city can't even put an airport within a million miles of the city
    and if the Donkeys asked they would build them 3 stadiums ... not exactly beach front property out there..

JesusTwinsBiggestFan and ARM like this.
  15. chapped

Reputations:
    SomerSky and ARM like this.
  16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If THIS isn't more evidence the Jaguars need to be shut the fuck down moved to LA - I don't know what is??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jaguars are least popular team in NFL for fifth year in a row
    By ryanday@ryaneatscake on Oct 15, 2014, 10:00a 58

[​IMG]
    David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

For the past four years, the Jaguars have ranked as the least popular team in football. Now, they're tied with another team for last place -- the Tennessee Titans.

 TWEET (15) SHARE (249) PIN
    Even with pools, scoreboards, and a charismatic owner, the Jacksonville Jaguars are still the least popular team in the NFL for the fifth year running.

According to Harris Interactive, who surveyed 2,543 adults between September 10-17, the Jaguars tied with the Tennessee Titans for last place among respondents' favorite teams. The Oakland Raiders were just above them at No. 30.

It's surprising to see, however, who topped the list. The Dallas Cowboys are no longer America's Team, as they moved out of the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2007. Who took their spot at the top? Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

The highest the Jaguars have ever gotten was No. 19 in 1998.

To see the questions asked and a full listing of all teams, visit Harris Interactive's website here.

POLL
    Do you think the Jaguars are the least-popular team in America?
    • 56%Yes, it's an accurate representation(561 votes)

• 44%No, if they interviewed more people they'd move up(446 votes)
    1007 votes total

chapped likes this.
  17. chapped

Reputations:

this... if i had a dime for every fucking asshole telling me how great NY, Denver, Seattle, etc is....
    well if it is so fucking great why are you here?
    would be awesome if all those cock suckers left

ARM and JesusTwinsBiggestFan like this.
  18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's true, great point, but that needs to change. And there's way less passionate cities than LA who once had TWO great franchises at the same time in the Raiders and Rams.

scoobyla likes this.
  19. The Jackie chair

The Jackie chair Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Them being the door stop shit stick of the league had nothing to do with it. Robin would blame the white fans.

ARM likes this.
  20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's EXACTLY my argument to most of the New England dry-humpers (other citties like NY, PHI, CHI are very guilty too) who move to LA or even SD or SF that club you over the head with that "Boston Strong" tedium. If YOUR city is sooooo fucking omnipotent - MOVE THE FUCK BACK!!!

They won't because they're MORE obsessed with following fame or their wallets or their dicks around to LA so they can pitch their shit screenplay to Brett Ratner. Get your own movie and TV studios New England, so your entitled, fake Southie Ben Affleck/Matt Damon wannabes stay the fuck home where they belong, and don't take Boston WITH them!

John Coktoaston and Ingens like this.