WM3 news.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by landfill, May 30, 2013.

1. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    I saw all three hbo docs and i have the book devils knot. Personally, Ive allways felt that those three boys, echols, misskelly and baldwin were fucked over hard by the wmpd and by the town. They had their lives ruined and still had to plead guilty just to get out of jail and off death row. If these guys now being named did kill those poor little kids i hope it comes out and i hope they suffer every kind of hell you can think of on the way to a slow painful death and i hope the wm3 can get some peace and restitution.

3. landfill

Reputations:
  4. Isobel

Isobel New Member

Reputations:
    Four grown men didn't kill three little kids on bikes. Sorry that crime is similar to other crimes that USUALLY involves young males as the killers. It goes back to Leopold and Loeb, or Robert Thompson and Jon Venables who killed James Bulger in the UK. Many cases like this.

Not sure of what happened in WM3. I know Elchols had serious mental health issues and maybe was singled out for that reason? He was in a facility for violent outbursts and threatening to cut off his mom's head and burn down her trailer, right? This was why he was the focus of Police?

5. landfill

Reputations:
    Nah. I dont think Echols, Baldwin and M8skelly killed thise little boys. Shit...the state of Arkansas let em go to save themselves from being embarrassed and sued. Might have been criminal negligence by WM3 police department.

6. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    The way the case was handled, some heads need to roll. They have these ol boy rules. The Judge over the case also presides over the appeals. So for 18 years the judge was too stubborn to even give those guys a chance. If it wasn't for Natalie Maines and Johnny Depp those guys would still be in jail. Now Arkansas is dealing with a State Attorney General that keeps kicking medical marijuana petition back.........

7. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I've seen all the Paradise Lost docs and the latest one from Peter Jackson, "West of Memphis". All great, imo.

It was Terry Hobbs. No doubt in my mind.

8. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Check out the new doc, West of Memphis. Excellent. It was produced by Peter Jackson and co-produced by Damien Echols and his wife. I didn't expect too much from it, seeing as the first 3 docs seemed to cover the case(s) ad nauseam, but it really shines a light on the new evidence, DNA testing and professional opinions regarding the mutilation of the little boys who were murdered.

Very much worth your time, even if you've seen the original 3 docs.

[​IMG]

Also, Hollywood is currently making a movie-movie out of Devil's Knot starring Reese Witherspoon. Because, you know, terribleness.