Worst concert you've ever attended

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dadadipshit, Sep 24, 2013.

1. dadadipshit

dadadipshit Member

Reputations:
    Wigward going to Metallica reminded me of one of the worst concerts I've ever been at... the Metallica/Guns n Roses stadium tour. Metallica was great. GnR was terrible.

Worse than that was a Journey concert I went to when their lead singer was Steve Augeri... The dude between Steve Perry and the karaoke kid. That fuckin sucked. The crowd was booing

2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...blues traveler, beck, smashing pumpkins. walked out of each one.

3. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Smashing Pumpkins good awful live!

4. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Neil Young when he was doing the "Neil and the Shocking Pinks" 1950s type music. He actually had a time machine graphic going backwards, and the entire audience was screaming STOP!! STOP!!!! As 1970 1969 1968 rolled by...

People were leaving in droves, and I was amongst them. Do not dig that 1950s music. Don't know what he was thinking. But, as he said at Farm Aid the other day, "I work for me". So good for him.

5. dadadipshit

dadadipshit Member

Reputations:
    I saw smashing pumpkins twice. I thought they were okay but that was mid-nineties

6. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Saw a drunk ass Shuggie Otis fall off the stage at the Fillmore, then he played the same song twice.

7. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Hands down- Ted Nugent.

Metallica at Lollapolooza is a close second.

8. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...that's a bummer. I saw neil and crazy horse at the concord pavilion and he was the real deal. he put on an excellent show damn near left his guitars in a pile of sawdust.

9. dadadipshit

dadadipshit Member

Reputations:
    The Beastie boys were drunk as shit at Lollapalooza 93 (I think 93) and were slurring and forgetting lyrics

10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...you just reminded me of walking out on rod stewart at the height of his career, maybe 1976. it was an outdoor show in central California, he made the crowd wait a long time hoping it would cool off. when he came on state all he could do was bitch about the heat I had been standing in all day watching loggins and mesina and peter Frampton. rod was top billing and I walked out on his fuckin ass. douche bag.

11. The Atom

The Atom New Member

Reputations:
    Grateful Dead. Wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. Unfortunately, I spent all my money on the ticket and none on hallucinogenics. Interminable.

12. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Demolition Doll Rods. They opened for Iggy Pop. Loved Iggy. Hated them.

13. Wigward Hairhat

Wigward Hairhat Active Member

Reputations:
    The Strokes circa 2001? They played at most 10 2-3 minutes songs and just walked offstage. No encores, no audience interaction. Not even so much as a wave goodbye. Just bam-bam-bam and gone. Not bad work if you can get it I suppose? Plus their following seemed to be made up of a lot of what eventually came to be known as hipsters, so I wasn't too keen on that side of it either.

I'm pretty sure that gig was the core reason why I just lost interest in following bands and music in general soon afterwards.

14. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In random order: (I'm not counting groups that I hate as I've been to festivals and have had to sit through shit groups but I won't count the fact that I'm not into their music against them)

Wyclef: 1998 Smokin Grooves. Had a short set where he clowned around playing a shitty guitar, had is dj playing other peoples records (house of pain ect) and basically only did about 3 songs (gone to november, no woman dont cry and half a fugees song). Saw him at woodstock 99 and he was modestly better

Red hot chil peppers 2000. This wasn't a bad show, it was actually quite good. The only problem was that they played the exact same setlist from woodstock 99. I can understand bands doing the same setlist during a tour. But this was a different tour, a full year later. Woodstock 99 was a concert that many people saw, and where I saw them in 2000 was less than two hours away from woodstock.

Lil Wayne 2008. The guy shows up a half hour late, typical rap concert bullshit. Show was decent and he had a couple good songs but showing up that late to festivals is an asshole. On the plus side he threw off the schedule to such and extent I got to see both headliners (nin and kanye west).

Wu-Tang Clan circa 2008. Showed up about an hour late, had to sit through a few hours of shitty rappers until they got on stage, and it was a huge cluserfuck with the speakers being too loud for the venue. Should of stayed home and just blasted 36 chambers.

Corrosion of Conformity 1996. They opened for Metallica, sound mixing was horrible.

15. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Counting Crows.....only concert I ever walked out on and not even halfway through.

The most boring band in the world!

16. dadadipshit

dadadipshit Member

Reputations:
    Like their music, but I can see that.

17. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Saw the Metallica/GNR show. Axl sang like somebody was repeatedly stomping on his testicles.

18. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Almost forgot- Peter Frampton made the huge mistake of having the J. Geils Band open for him. Frampton was quite a let down after seeing Peter Wolf bounce around.

19. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I saw the Backstreet Boys Black and Blue tour in 2001, and they were absolutely terrible. I think AJ was on drugs or something but they stunk live.

20. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    Redd Kross at Safari Sams in the late Eighties. The McDonald brothers used to fight like crazy, and apparently this night they were on a real bender. I sat in this shitty little club for an hour and a half waiting for them after the opening comic!! was done. They finally come out and the bass playing brother decides he wants to play "Dazed And Confused", but the rest of the band doesn't. He turns up his amps to 11 and let's it fly. The rest of the band starts playing the first song from the set list, and the older McDonald brother walks off stage, gets in the van, and leaves. The band quits and the bass playing brother plays the bass line form "Dazed And Confused" for about 20 minutes, then asks the crowd if they have any requests...gallons of beer and cups are hurled at him.