Worst HSS year yet?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    2014. Usually by the 2nd or third month there's at least ONE interview I find interesting. I haven't even bothered with the clips.

Howchie's been on vacation for half of it. 2-3 replays of the Birthday Bash and Blossom... :facepalm:

2. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's been pretty bad. This wrap of of the wrap of show thing is really fucking overkill too. They really need new content on the channels. I don't know who the genius that thought, let's play the same three shows of the week one after the other, and then talk about what we just played AGAIN. The on the other channel we will play "Sternology" and play the same recycled clips we have played for the past 6 years.

3. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I find myself listening less and less. This week I maybe listened for about an hour total. It's just dead now.

I hear commercials for Geek Time and even though I haven't really listened to it, their show interests me more and they seem to have better, cooler guests. That should pretty much say it all.

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This

We will get the wrap up of the wrap up of last weeks wrap up show

5. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been getting into The Jason Ellis show lately. I want o and a but I refuse to give sirius any more money and I'm not buying another receiver for xm.

6. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    I find myself doing the same thing on YouTube.
    So far the HSS interviews (the only piece of material I find worth listening too especially since the videos are almost always on YouTube now) has had a lot of assholes/try hards on.

Zachary Quinto was interesting even though I am not a Star Trek fan, a lot of people seem to like the job he did with Spock.
    [video=youtube_share;ASKGtlC_wms]http://youtu.be/ASKGtlC_wms[/video]

Micheal Ian Black I enjoyed a lot because I am a huge fan. He isn't everyone's cup of tea tho and I'm sure most people haven't heard of him.
    [video=youtube_share;In36LsqiTe0]http://youtu.be/In36LsqiTe0[/video]

And I'm only including John Goodman because it's close enough to 2014 and since I haven't watched Seth Myer's interview yet I felt bad just realizing I have only enjoyed two shows from HSS2014. If I paid for his show I'd be seriously pissed...
    [video=youtube_share;ALsPcM3GVDY]http://youtu.be/ALsPcM3GVDY[/video]

7. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    yes agreed yet I listen :shit::facepalm:

8. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the first year were i'm not even bothering to listen to the shows, when i'm working i'll go on the On demand and skim threw just listen to robins news and WUS, however even those are getting to be impossible to listen to. The guest are all shit and don't care what they have to say.

9. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Why are you even listening at all?

10. BarberFloyd

Reputations:
    Because Howard won't just pull the trigger and retire so he can put us all out of our Misery.
    I love the show so so much I now make fun of it just so I can have some sort of relationship with the new show...

11. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    I stopped listening in sept. when I joined up here. For the last years I was listening out of habit but no longer
    looking forward to the show. Then I found this site when I googled why does Stern suck now. This is far more entertaining.
    Now i can't possibly listen since this site has opened my eyes to a lot of what is wrong with the show. He is basically
    retired and shows up for the check.

When Stuttering John left they replaced him quickly. When artie was fired they never even discussed replacing him. That is when i knew we
    were fucked.

12. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    Nemo is my new HS. I follow his thread in the morning. And Spazz. Vegas, CP, Dump button and Bye you.

13. BarberFloyd

Reputations:
    NO WAY! I found this site after googling "Lisa G fucking sucks and so does her book"!

I feel like Dawg's Shed is for the people that were listening but took the Red Pill and SFN is for the people who took the Blue Pill. Of course SFN came up with the search results but after seeing all the defense for the show there and how much I was a idiot for not understand a show can change made me vomit...

That google search I did makes me feel like I really took the Red Pill, +rep for the coincidence!
    [​IMG]

14. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sometimes, if I'm not in the mood for music or don't feel like looking for a podcast, I'll put it on just to have something on in the background.

15. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    lol! i found this place searching something very similar! it was something like, why is the stern show so bad now?

16. BarberFloyd

Reputations:
    lol wow apparently it's a common way to find this place, that's so awesome we all were searching for discussions on why the show is so bad (and how much Lisa G sucks dick) and found this little garden of Eden!

17. 00steven

00steven Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I listen to old Howard almost exclusively now. Why doesn't the dumbass make H101 all old shows?

18. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll listen when I see an authentically positive thread here. Hasn't happened yet.

19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You would have thought a few years ago it was impossible for the show to get any worse.....

It would be like if you lost your job, your money, your girl, and your dog. And you are standing on the corner thinking it can't get any worse, then a garbage truck hits you

20. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Wiggy is trying to distance himself from his old persona.